• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
patriots are getting a qb but unless jackson falls to 23 then they wont be taking one in round 1 (and i dont see them trading up for one because they really need an influx of young talent

most likely they take their favourite qb outside of the top 6 with the 64th pick
This is the most likely cenario I think. They just have too many wholes right now. But if Rosen falls outside the top 10 i wouldnt be surprised if they jumped

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Rosen falls out of the top 10 and the pats get him then the rest of the nfl only has themselves to blame when the patriots dynasty keeps rolling for another decade and a half
I have one question for Rosen though. Does he love football or does he love what football brings to him. Im not sure hes gonna love the grind football brings, just not sure hes willing to go through the NFL

Hes a pocket passer who, in his fairness stays tough to deliver the ball on time and on target. However that amounts to a lot of hits and in the NFL 30 year old men hit harder especially in cold playoff games unlike at UCLA. The battery will take a toll on his body and im not sold hes willing enough to go through the pain and grind of being an NFL player.

Hes already just soaking up the fame and interviews. You can tell he enjoys talking and being recognized, he embraces it a little too much for my liking.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have one question for Rosen though. Does he love football or does he love what football brings to him. Im not sure hes gonna love the grind football brings, just not sure hes willing to go through the NFL

Hes a pocket passer who, in his fairness stays tough to deliver the ball on time and on target. However that amounts to a lot of hits and in the NFL 30 year old men hit harder especially in cold playoff games unlike at UCLA. The battery will take a toll on his body and im not sold hes willing enough to go through the pain and grind of being an NFL player.

Hes already just soaking up the fame and interviews. You can tell he enjoys talking and being recognized, he embraces it a little too much for my liking.

I just don’t understand why anyone can question whether he loves football...

He played behind an appalling oline taking hit after hit throwing to a rubbish receiving corps and still went into the tape and still put in the work and still stood in there

When has he ever shown that he’s not loving football

I just don’t get where this narrative comes from...

Why’s no one asking the same questions of sam Darnold or josh Allen?

And no one goes after Aaron Rodgers for being similar to Rosen - he’s an intelligent guy who’s not interested in being a choirboy for the sake of being a choirboy

And it’s perfectly reasonable to enjoy being recognised for being good at something - it makes him more interesting, more human, more relatable and more honest (at least to me it feels that way)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guys question..would you really call Crabtree and brown an upgrade over wallce and maclin? I don't.
We havent really improved and are basically saying ''oh the draft will fix everything''
it seldom does..as we've seen in 90% of cases we are lucky to get 3 contributors of great-good ability.

last year it was basically humphrey and pat ricard. Everyone else was irrelevant.

we've done nothing in FA that makes me excited at all. Crabtree doesnt excite me like when we got Boldin or SSR.

john brown? really? he's a JAG.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Guys question..would you really call Crabtree and brown an upgrade over wallce and maclin? I don't.
We havent really improved and are basically saying ''oh the draft will fix everything''
it seldom does..as we've seen in 90% of cases we are lucky to get 3 contributors of great-good ability.

last year it was basically humphrey and pat ricard. Everyone else was irrelevant.

we've done nothing in FA that makes me excited at all. Crabtree doesnt excite me like when we got Boldin or SSR.

john brown? really? he's a JAG.

I mean John brown healthy is the best receiver we’ve had for a while but I don’t disagree with you

I was excited about us getting 3 guys - if we had brown, Crabtree and grant with the draft to come I’d feel a lot better

That being said they are absolutely better than Wallace and Maclin

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

Jesus dude you’re trying to find any reason you can to not like this guy it seems. You’re really reaching.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just don’t understand why anyone can question whether he loves football...

He played behind an appalling oline taking hit after hit throwing to a rubbish receiving corps and still went into the tape and still put in the work and still stood in there

When has he ever shown that he’s not loving football

I just don’t get where this narrative comes from...

Why’s no one asking the same questions of sam Darnold or josh Allen?

And no one goes after Aaron Rodgers for being similar to Rosen - he’s an intelligent guy who’s not interested in being a choirboy for the sake of being a choirboy

And it’s perfectly reasonable to enjoy being recognised for being good at something - it makes him more interesting, more human, more relatable and more honest (at least to me it feels that way)
The ESPN article just throws me off. He contradicts himself throughout the interview and I think he'll get himself in trouble. Im not question whether or not he loves the game. The fact that he doesnt NEED the game raises questions for how lon hed want to play the game. I agree with a lot of his opinions being his age and all but i just feel it could end up getting him in trouble.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jesus dude you’re trying to find any reason you can to not like this guy it seems. You’re really reaching.
I said i have 1 question lol. Im not saying i dont like him as a person or player im just saying we dont see many kids come into the league who would be in the top 1% without football. Only other kids who come into the league rich are because their fathers played in the league before them and that a different situation entirely

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I said i have 1 question lol. Im not saying i dont like him as a person or player im just saying we dont see many kids come into the league who would be in the top 1% without football.
Ready..

WHO CARES? No one. This is literally a non-issue. He puts in film work like a mad dog and got good grades in school. Smart guy. Who cares if his family has money? I guess Andrew Luck should've sucked too. The Manning bros had money growing up, both ended up being better than their rich father and both are probably hall of famers. Aaron Rodgers lived in Chico California... That place isn't exactly a poor man's town.

Just wow. It's literally a non-indicator.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I mean John brown healthy is the best receiver we’ve had for a while but I don’t disagree with you

I was excited about us getting 3 guys - if we had brown, Crabtree and grant with the draft to come I’d feel a lot better

That being said they are absolutely better than Wallace and Maclin
Both are absolutely better... Both can CATCH THE BALL.

But it's still an average corps at this point. I still want us to get Dez, AND draft a WR and TE early.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ready..

WHO CARES? No one. This is literally a non-issue. He puts in film work like a mad dog and got good grades in school. Smart guy. Who cares if his family has money? I guess Andrew Luck should've sucked too. The Manning bros had money growing up, both ended up being better than their rich father and both are probably hall of famers. Aaron Rodgers lived in Chico California... That place isn't exactly a poor man's town.

Just wow. It's literally a non-indicator.
Right but Luck didnt rub people the wrong way like Rosen does. Nothing he says really bothers me but dont you think Belicheck would be pulling his hair out dealing with a milenial like Rosen? I just feel like some old school coaches would have a hard time with Rosen.

I like that Rosen is educated but so is Josh Allen and maybe even more so. I just see a bit of a smart ass in Rosen and idk if that makes a good leader. Not saying he wont be a good player

Simba

Staff Member
Right but Luck didnt rub people the wrong way like Rosen does. Nothing he says really bothers me but dont you think Belicheck would be pulling his hair out dealing with a milenial like Rosen? I just feel like some old school coaches would have a hard time with Rosen.

I like that Rosen is educated but so is Josh Allen and maybe even more so. I just see a bit of a smart ass in Rosen and idk if that makes a good leader. Not saying he wont be a good player

Aaron Rodgers is a smart ass and he’s doing just fine.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'd rather have a smart and curious Qb instead of a flat earther (Geno) or Goff who doesn't know where the sun rises.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Hell, Tom Brady is an asshole with plenty of interests outside of football and he's doing just fine, too.

It's just a lazy criticism.
"But Jay Cutler".

Yeah. Cutler doesn't have the football IQ of a rookie coming into the league. That's his problem. The modern day Jeff George has his own separate problems, his personality is just one of them.