• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Emmanuel Sanders is bound to be a FA, I would love to see us go after him. I could imagine a scenario in which we get him, re-sign Wallace and get Ridley or Miller/St.Brown/Kirk then I'll be satisfied, especially if it comes with an OL early. I would love to have Demaryius Thomas as well and I do want him more then Sanders but I'm fine with either.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Emmanuel Sanders is bound to be a FA, I would love to see us go after him. I could imagine a scenario in which we get him, re-sign Wallace and get Ridley or Miller/St.Brown/Kirk then I'll be satisfied, especially if it comes with an OL early. I would love to have Demaryius Thomas as well and I do want him more then Sanders but I'm fine with either.
i would like sanders here, good hands, very quality route runner, just a good well rounded dependable receiver, not that i think hes necessrily better than a guy like landry, but should be a better value, you can get around the same type of impact for a fraction of the cost.

stampedehero

Practice Squad
Sure like Kirk

JAAM

Hall of Famer
i would like sanders here, good hands, very quality route runner, just a good well rounded dependable receiver, not that i think hes necessrily better than a guy like landry, but should be a better value, you can get around the same type of impact for a fraction of the cost.
Now Sanders is someone we can agree on lol

He'd definitely offer better value considering that he shouldn't be too expensive to bring in here. But in all honestly I like Sanders more for the fact that he can make plays downfield. In the 2014 season he was tied for 3rd in the league for receptions of 20+ yards and was 15th among players with catches of 40+ yards or more. We need more downfield plays and Sanders will bring plenty of that here. He would offer value and would be a downfield option we badly need in the passing game.

If I were to make a WR rankings, it would be...
1.) Robinson
2.) Demaryius
3.) Sanders
4.) Dez
5.) Landry
6.) Lee

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
He'd definitely offer better value considering that he shouldn't be too expensive to bring in here. But in all honestly I like Sanders more for the fact that he can make plays downfield. In the 2014 season he was tied for 3rd in the league for receptions of 20+ yards and was 15th among players with catches of 40+ yards or more. We need more downfield plays and Sanders will bring plenty of that here. He would offer value and would be a downfield option we badly need in the passing game.

1.) Robinson
2.) Demaryius
3.) Sanders
4.) Dez
5.) Landry
6.) Lee

I would not want any fading vets. Cuz every year is a half step slower. It’s time To get receivers that will get better within the system over next several yrs. when a receiver is 30 or older. He is slowing down as he acclimates to joe and the offense. Somebody like Robinson Lee Richardson and Watkins will get better over next couple of yrs acclimating to joe. cuz after a year of experience with joe. A cap cut vet is slowing down. And if Demariyus Dez and Sanders were at their peak. Their respective teams would be trying to keep them. Restructuring as opposed to outright cuts. Especially while WR needy!! And those teams are somewhat WR needy cuz of these WRs fading skills. These WRs are desperation upgrades!! To try and squeak into to playoffs. Not an attempt to build a potent offense. Not bad signings as a No.2 Wide Receiver. But not as the best option the offense has. I would prefer young fast talented ambitious WRs looking to prove he can handle No.1 WR role. Like Watkins, Paul Richardson and Marqise.

Ravens should clear out cap space and really make a real run at Robinson. Not a so called joke of a “strong offer”. Cuz here is the deal. Not a player on the team up for free agency or cap cut couldn’t be replaced except for maybe Jensen. And that includes CJ Mosley. Good linebackers are all over. Cuz he isn’t an elite feared splash LB. Where are the ravens gonna find a legit No.1 WR?? The kinda receiver that makes the No.2 and 3 WRs better. The kind the offense feeds off of and makes Joe better. Unless management trades up for Ridley then where is a No.1 coming from?? Cuz this WR class is a real crapshoot. Dudes like Miller Kirk and Cobbs could maybe be solid No.2 options. But could be busts and average as well. Not to mention Robinson would help a young No.2 WR succeed cuz the attention he takes from them.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would not want any fading vets. Cuz every year is a half step slower. It’s time To get receivers that will get better within the system over next several yrs. when a receiver is 30 or older. He is slowing down as he acclimates to joe and the offense. Somebody like Robinson Lee Richardson and Watkins will get better over next couple of yrs acclimating to joe. cuz after a year of experience with joe. A cap cut vet is slowing down. And if Demariyus Dez and Sanders were at their peak. Their respective teams would be trying to keep them. Restructuring as opposed to outright cuts. Especially while WR needy!! And those teams are somewhat WR needy cuz of these WRs fading skills. These WRs are desperation upgrades!! To try and squeak into to playoffs. Not an attempt to build a potent offense. Not bad signings as a No.2 Wide Receiver. But not as the best option the offense has. I would prefer young fast talented ambitious WRs looking to prove he can handle No.1 WR role. Like Watkins, Paul Richardson and Marqise.

Ravens should clear out cap space and really make a real run at Robinson. Not a so called joke of a “strong offer”. Cuz here is the deal. Not a player on the team up for free agency or cap cut couldn’t be replaced except for maybe Jensen. And that includes CJ Mosley. Good linebackers are all over. Cuz he isn’t an elite feared splash LB. Where are the ravens gonna find a legit No.1 WR?? The kinda receiver that makes the No.2 and 3 WRs better. The kind the offense feeds off of and makes Joe better. Unless management trades up for Ridley then where is a No.1 coming from?? Cuz this WR class is a real crapshoot. Dudes like Miller Kirk and Cobbs could maybe be solid No.2 options. But could be busts and average as well. Not to mention Robinson would help a young No.2 WR succeed cuz the attention he takes from them.
I agree we need to hit WR and playmaker especially hard in both Draft and FA. We need to be aggressive in both avenues because we can't just rely on a draft pick panning out to succeed on this team. I'm not talking about re-signing Wallace because that's the status quo but we need to make an upgrade there. We can sign Wallace sure but that's not where we should be resting our laurels. Last year I remember a lot of people wanted Jeffrey and man were they vindicated. You have to be willing to pony up the dollars to get where you need to be. Sadly, our GM has failed us in his recent drafts dating back to the beginning of the end back in 2010, to the start of the end in 2012 (passing on Harrison Smith, an egregious mistake honestly) and then the real start of our decline in 2012. I realize we've hit on Mosley and Stanley and now Humphrey, but we can't keep taking these 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round missed--sometimes which occur all in the same draft. That's absolutely destroying the team.

We gotta sign a FA WR or two AND draft a couple as well. We're that bad at WR right now.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
thomas always had problems catching the ball! id love sanders and ridley though!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

1.) Robinson
2.) Demaryius
3.) Sanders
4.) Dez
5.) Landry
6.) Lee
sanders had manning as his qb then though right? i think landry would be the perfect fit for us simply cause he can do everything.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
sanders had manning as his qb then though right? i think landry would be the perfect fit for us simply cause he can do everything.
That’s just it. Landry can’t do everything. You need to create plays for Landry. I like Landry, but he’s not a no. 1 receiver and I don’t want to pay him like he is one. Sanders isn’t a number 1 wr either, but he should be more reasonable. I’m also of the opinion that you don’t need a no. 1 receiver to win in this league. Having a few no. 2 quality receivers should be good enough. Besides, the majority of teams do not have a no. 1 wr.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s just it. Landry can’t do everything. You need to create plays for Landry. I like Landry, but he’s not a no. 1 receiver and I don’t want to pay him like he is one. Sanders isn’t a number 1 wr either, but he should be more reasonable. I’m also of the opinion that you don’t need a no. 1 receiver to win in this league. Having a few no. 2 quality receivers should be good enough. Besides, the majority of teams do not have a no. 1 wr.
Id say a little less than half of the teams in the league don’t have a #1 WR.

Bears, Ravens, Bills, Browns (Josh Gordon ?), Chiefs, Dolphins if you don’t want to count Landry, 49ers, Jets, Panthers, Redskins, Titans, Rams

Some of these have some high end #2s that are borderline #1 depending on who you ask, and there’s some other teams I didn’t list that you could make an argument against as well. So yeah a lot of teams don’t have that AB Julio type guy but then again...how many of the teams I listed were in the playoffs? Just a few. I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, it’s just food for thought.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Id say a little less than half of the teams in the league don’t have a #1 WR.

Bears, Ravens, Bills, Browns (Josh Gordon ?), Chiefs, Dolphins if you don’t want to count Landry, 49ers, Jets, Panthers, Redskins, Titans, Rams

Some of these have some high end #2s that are borderline #1 depending on who you ask, and there’s some other teams I didn’t list that you could make an argument against as well. So yeah a lot of teams don’t have that AB Julio type guy but then again...how many of the teams I listed were in the playoffs? Just a few. I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, it’s just food for thought.
I believe a strong defense and good qb play is key to getting into the playoffs, not no, 1 wr.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

I agree. However most teams do have a No.1 or a young skilled WR it feels good about stepping up. Like the bears have a young wr that was escalating b4 an injury. Dez and Demariyus were No.1 b4 losing a step or 2. Fitz was a No.1. Redskins don’t have a true No.1 but have many top shelf No.2’s and continue to be aggressive pursuing playmakers. Jets have robby Anderson it feels good about him moving forward. At least til his brush with the law

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I agree. However most teams do have a No.1 or a young skilled WR it feels good about stepping up. Like the bears have a young wr that was escalating b4 an injury. Dez and Demariyus were No.1 b4 losing a step or 2. Fitz was a No.1. Redskins don’t have a true No.1 but have many top shelf No.2’s and continue to be aggressive pursuing playmakers. Jets have robby Anderson it feels good about him moving forward. At least til his brush with the law
I dont want us to break the bank and pay #1 money for a #2 who needs manufactured production when our OC has made it clear that he's not a fan of manufacturing production for anyone but the TE.

How? By paying him top dollar, which he isn't worth. It's not that I like lee more as a player, it's that I like the value far more. He won't be bank breaking and he should impact just as much as Landry.

And Marqise has a legit shot to step up and be a No.1 with a solid QB and opportunity. He has the speed and skill

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And Marqise has a legit shot to step up and be a No.1 with a solid QB and opportunity. He has the speed and skill
His hands and injuries are a concern, but he just shouldn't come that expensive and may even take a 1 year prove it deal when he hits the market and sees himself being pushed down the ladder. Not committing long term to a guy sounds good to me for a guy with question marks like lee, throw him a solid 1 year deal, see what he brings us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Reports coming out that sanders is as good as gone. If the ravens don't go after him hardcore I'm gonna be pissed. He's exacrly the kinda guy we need, he's a legit NFL receiver without many weaknesses, steady and dependable and well rounded as they come. He needs to be a primary target for us.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Reports coming out that sanders is as good as gone. If the ravens don't go after him hardcore I'm gonna be pissed. He's exacrly the kinda guy we need, he's a legit NFL receiver without many weaknesses, steady and dependable and well rounded as they come. He needs to be a primary target for us.

If we could land him and Richardson, I'd say it was a productive haul at the position. If my choice is between Dez, Demarius and him, I'm going with Sanders. If we were lucky enough to pull both, I'd still expect to draft at least one, but that would be a great start.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we could land him and Richardson, I'd say it was a productive haul at the position. If my choice is between Dez, Demarius and him, I'm going with Sanders. If we were lucky enough to pull both, I'd still expect to draft at least one, but that would be a great start.
Lol sanders and Richardson along with Anthony miller or cedrick Wilson, our passing game is hanged