• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Tank

Hall of Famer
No to Jensen. He's a solid center, nothing more. I definitely like the attitude, the toughness and the versatility but he is far from dominant and if we are serious about building a DOMINANT line there is no way we should pay Jensen.
There are three, at least three centers in this draft with higher....much higher upside than Jensen and you get them for four years at a much lower rate of salary.
Most importantly, you are attempting to build something truly special as opposed to something that is simply solid or serviceable...which is what
you'll be over paying for with Jensen.

After all that, I'm pretty sure we'll sign him.
His value is not only at center, but with his versatility as well.

Tank

Hall of Famer
JC Tretter can play every position on the oline at a good level and did not get max money long term.
Right. And he played very little with the Pack in 4 years because of a broken ankle, knee injury, another knee injury requiring surgery......... In other words his career has been injury plagued. Not really a good analogy.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Right. And he played very little with the Pack in 4 years because of a broken ankle, knee injury, another knee injury requiring surgery......... In other words his career has been injury plagued. Not really a good analogy.
And Jensen has been very inconsistent during his entire career and up until last year was a reserve and still serves to be a total question mark due to scheme fit and inconsistent tape. Analogy valid.

Also Tretter has played in more career games and they've been in the league for the same amount of time. Sure, Jensen only has one less career start but Tretter was invaluable as a reserve where he played center, guard, and LT in key games and performed well. Analogy continues to not only be valid but proves my point since when they're both on their A-game they're roughly on the same level. Jensen and Tretter are both good, but not great centers. Anyone who overpays Jensen the $13 million some others have proposed deserves to be duped

Tank

Hall of Famer
And Jensen has been very inconsistent during his entire career and up until last year was a reserve and still serves to be a total question mark due to scheme fit and inconsistent tape. Analogy valid.

Also Tretter has played in more career games and they've been in the league for the same amount of time. Sure, Jensen only has one less career start but Tretter was invaluable as a reserve where he played center, guard, and LT in key games and performed well. Analogy continues to not only be valid but proves my point since when they're both on their A-game they're roughly on the same level. Jensen and Tretter are both good, but not great centers. Anyone who overpays Jensen the $13 million some others have proposed deserves to be duped
$13 mil.? that ain’t happening. I’m guessing between $9 mil. or $10 mil., 5 years, maybe $20 mil. guaranteed gets it done. I think he remains a Raven, he better. lol

Signing Tretter long term was a big risk as he never played a full season prior and is prone to injury. After Ryan was diagnosed with sleep apnea and getting that managed he’s been nothing but steady. Lock him up!

Taze

Practice Squad
I really don't want Landry for 10+ mil a year. I'd much rather him go to a team that selects before us like Chicago, pushing Ridley down. He's good, but not great and doesn't play on the outside. We use 2TE formations more than any other team by far. I doubt they put that kind of investment into a slot guy, especially with the tight cap.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I really don't want Landry for 10+ mil a year. I'd much rather him go to a team that selects before us like Chicago, pushing Ridley down. He's good, but not great and doesn't play on the outside. We use 2TE formations more than any other team by far. I doubt they put that kind of investment into a slot guy, especially with the tight cap.
That’s exactly what I’d like as well. Landry isn’t a no. 1 wr and I’m not saying we need a no. 1, he just needs to be schemed open.

Btw, how did you find out about the forum mock

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s exactly what I’d like as well. Landry isn’t a no. 1 wr and I’m not saying we need a no. 1, he just needs to be schemed open.

Btw, how did you find out about the forum mock
Landry doesn’t need to be schemed open. That’s just not true. Just because the dolphins use him a specific way does not mean he absolutely needs to be used that way. He’s a very good WR and I’d like to have him here. I wouldn’t mind paying him 10 million but not much more than that.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Landry doesn’t need to be schemed open. That’s just not true. Just because the dolphins use him a specific way does not mean he absolutely needs to be used that way. He’s a very good WR and I’d like to have him here. I wouldn’t mind paying him 10 million but not much more than that.

I think Landry will look a lot better when he's in a different system and not being forced to catch screens all game like the Dolphins were using him. We shouldn't break the bank for him, but 10 mil would be acceptable. I'd still prefer Robinson though.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Landry will look a lot better when he's in a different system and not being forced to catch screens all game like the Dolphins were using him. We shouldn't break the bank for him, but 10 mil would be acceptable. I'd still prefer Robinson though.
Yeah I’d definitely prefer Robinson.

Landry though is a very good route runner with very very good hands. He’s good with contested catches as well. I think he would would do great with Joe. He just doesn’t have that break away speed, and that’s basically all that holds him back from being a good #1 WR. But, like I’ve said before, a WR doesn’t need to be incredibly fast. He could be our next Q. If we weren’t in cap hell I wouldn’t mind giving him like 12 million. We can’t really afford any top notch WR though at this moment it seems.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Landry though is a very good route runner with very very good hands. He’s good with contested catches as well. I think he would would do great with Joe. He just doesn’t have that break away speed, and that’s basically all that holds him back from being a good #1 WR. But, like I’ve said before, a WR doesn’t need to be incredibly fast. He could be our next Q. If we weren’t in cap hell I wouldn’t mind giving him like 12 million. We can’t really afford any top notch WR though at this moment it seems.

We could definitely use more of that here lol

I'd also be cool with us just going after some lesser-known guys that have been mentioned in other threads like Butler and Gabriel. Grab a few WRs that have shown potential and then fill out the rest of the corps through the draft.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
The first half of the season, I was all for getting out from Flacco's contract as quickly as possible (next offseason). I wanted to get other's opinions on the pros/cons of extending him to free up I think it was $8M+ in space. When he got over the back injury and had a stable line with even mediocre playcalling, he proved to be effective enough that I am not opposed to being tied to him for another 2-3 years. This all assuming we actually address the line and offensive weapons, and draft a potential replacement for a few years from now.

Thoughts?

Also, I love Robinson for sure but would gladly take Landry as well. Personally, a combination of Sanders (if cut) and one of Richardson/Butler would be my ideal situation for the amount we'd be spending.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
EXACTLY!!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
im gonna always be biased towards josh gordon and hopkins cause those were and are my fav wrs coming outta college that i highly hyped up lol.. with that being said, if josh becomes a free agent i hope ravens consider him.. dude is a monster

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

The thing about ravens is that we dnt know how wrs will work out on our team. What other teams do with wrs, we have no chance at putting up that same production

Sooky

Pro Bowler

Landry would fit perfectly here. Always the Dolphins' #1 weapon and has surpassed expectations each season. He is that short to intermediate threat the Ravens need at WR.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Derrick Johnson yes please! Such a Ravens move, and I’d so be down for it.