• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
I would like to see The Ravens go after Trey Burton. I think he could be that speed tight end they need and he wouldn't be total stranger to The Ravens offensive system either.
I like Trey Burton but have a feeling he's gonna get paid. He proved he could be a #1 when Ertz was out, plus he's going to get that SB winner bump in pay.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
this is predicated on us letting jensen hit free agency - if we offer a competitive deal is he necessarily gonna be worried about being the highest paid centre in the league or anything...

all this report is, is confirmation that the rest of the league still knows that baltimore exists

I will say this though. It would not surprise me in the slightest if we did not make an effort to match a reasonable contract. It would just be more of the same from Ozzie tbh. He was one of.. Idk. TWO good players on our oline last offseason and not resigning him would be moving 10 steps backwards even if we somehow got an Allen Robinson. Honestly. If this happens, fuck Ozzie. I already don't trust him to address the offense this offseason. Given that he promised upgrades on the oline last season and we did next to nothing. I'm still furious with him for that reason.

I still have little doubts in my mind that this is how the offseason is going to go.

Resign: Wallace, Watson(Moves I wouldn't be against since both should be cheap tbh)
Sign: Haloti Ngata, Kyle Fuller, Taylor Gabriel(Ozzie logic: fixed the offense)

Draft: Rashaan Evans(good player. Thoroughly disappointing when we draft him given the needs we have), Maurice Hurst(actually I'd like this pick), Troy Fumagali, Bradley Bozeman(again. I'd like that pick), Allen Lazard.

Please Ozzie prove me wrong. But I don't fucking trust you

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Jensen is going to get overpaid and a reasonable contract will not be enough
I agree, we most likely won’t sign any of our free agents outside maybe Urban. I like Jensen but I’m not overpaying for him either. I’d use Skura in that roll and draft another center.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I agree, we most likely won’t sign any of our free agents outside maybe Urban. I like Jensen but I’m not overpaying for him either. I’d use Skura in that roll and draft another center.
Then we're fucked. We're moving two steps back on offense because we've grown complacent. We have to go find an equal replacement or buck and overpay. While I'd normally not be in favor of this... We have only 2 good starters. Sakura VASTLY overachieved along with Hurst and Howard is nothing but a stopgap. What's the franchise tag going rate for a center? Honestly.

I am not content with Skura. He did not look that good and I think he heavily benefitted from playing weaker competition down the stretch. I know several here would be in favor of letting Jensen walk if it means we could get an elite WR.. But no. Just no. We need to fix this fucking line and losing Jensen is honestly the worst case scenario for what happens to the team. Even if we have to overpay, we should resign him now that I'm thinking about it. The last thing this team can afford to do is take a few steps back.. He is literally our only FA worth a damn. Or go find somoene of equal value(hint: There's not many of those).

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will say this though. It would not surprise me in the slightest if we did not make an effort to match a reasonable contract. It would just be more of the same from Ozzie tbh. He was one of.. Idk. TWO good players on our oline last offseason and not resigning him would be moving 10 steps backwards even if we somehow got an Allen Robinson. Honestly. If this happens, fuck Ozzie. I already don't trust him to address the offense this offseason. Given that he promised upgrades on the oline last season and we did next to nothing. I'm still furious with him for that reason.

I still have little doubts in my mind that this is how the offseason is going to go.

Resign: Wallace, Watson(Moves I wouldn't be against since both should be cheap tbh)
Sign: Haloti Ngata, Kyle Fuller, Taylor Gabriel(Ozzie logic: fixed the offense)

Draft: Rashaan Evans(good player. Thoroughly disappointing when we draft him given the needs we have), Maurice Hurst(actually I'd like this pick), Troy Fumagali, Bradley Bozeman(again. I'd like that pick), Allen Lazard.

Please Ozzie prove me wrong. But I don't fucking trust you
Im almost certain were not gonna rely oir offensive production next year to come from a crew of just wallace, watson, fumagali, abd Lazard after a year like that lol. Besides i think Watson retires. Were probably gonna let go of maclin and sign 2 pass catchers free agency while drafting like 3 more. I see a big overhaul on the offensive side of the ball. I dont mind not using the 16th pick on a offensive player....but we better go offense heavy rounds 2-5. If not then idk why Bisciotti and Harbaugh are imploring ozzie to bring in some offense, cause thats all they keep talking about

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Im almost certain were not gonna rely oir offensive production next year to come from a crew of just wallace, watson, fumagali, abd Lazard after a year like that lol. Besides i think Watson retires. Were probably gonna let go of maclin and sign 2 pass catchers free agency while drafting like 3 more. I see a big overhaul on the offensive side of the ball. I dont mind not using the 16th pick on a offensive player....but we better go offense heavy rounds 2-5. If not then idk why Bisciotti and Harbaugh are imploring ozzie to bring in some offense, cause thats all they keep talking about
I will believe it when I see it. Last offseason we said we'd address offense. Did next to nothing in favor of defense. Did the same damn thing 2014.. I have 0 faith and I have every right to not trust Ozzie because he's done nothing but let this damn team down. Especially Flacco. The way he fucking ignored Joe after signing him to a massive contract is absurdly idiotic. Jensen is probably going to walk because Ozzie is hellbent on commpensatory picks which will leave us with 2/5ths of an oline. And no. We don't have good in house options. Lewis is a TERRIBLE guard. Siragusa might not ever be the same again. Howard is old and we need a new RT. Our offense takes 2 steps back and we can't afford for that to happen. Skura vastly overachieved and I don't trust him moving forward. Elumenor? Forget about it. Hurst? Also forget about it. We should have gotten rid of him years ago and once again, he overachieved like it's nobody's business. Our weapons are a fucking joke outside of Collins and Woodhead and when avaliable Dixon is good too.

If we let Jensen walk we will have to get.

LG
C
RT
WR
WR
TE

And we'll still go fucking defense mostly smh. We need an entire offensive overhaul and it looks like we are content with letting Jensen walk. Fucking typical of us.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im pretty sure Skura could play well between Yanda and Lewis as the gaurds if not then im ok with taking a Center in the 3rd or 4th round. Lets say Jensen walks. We somehow sign Jimmy Graham and maybe a Brice Butler in FA. Draft Derwin James, Anthony Miller, Sony Michel or Nick Chubb in the 3rd, and grab a center like James Daniels with our comp (something like that).

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Then we're fucked. We're moving two steps back on offense because we've grown complacent. We have to go find an equal replacement or buck and overpay. While I'd normally not be in favor of this... We have only 2 good starters. Sakura VASTLY overachieved along with Hurst and Howard is nothing but a stopgap. What's the franchise tag going rate for a center? Honestly.

I am not content with Skura. He did not look that good and I think he heavily benefitted from playing weaker competition down the stretch. I know several here would be in favor of letting Jensen walk if it means we could get an elite WR.. But no. Just no. We need to fix this fucking line and losing Jensen is honestly the worst case scenario for what happens to the team. Even if we have to overpay, we should resign him now that I'm thinking about it. The last thing this team can afford to do is take a few steps back.. He is literally our only FA worth a damn. Or go find somoene of equal value(hint: There's not many of those).

I can check but I believe that the tag for Center is based on entire OLine and is something like 14m so basically not an option.

Edit: it's also not about being content. He knows he can get more elsewhere because the bad teams have way more cap space so why wouldn't he go to FA? What motivation does he have to sign with us?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I will believe it when I see it. Last offseason we said we'd address offense. Did next to nothing in favor of defense. Did the same damn thing 2014.. I have 0 faith and I have every right to not trust Ozzie because he's done nothing but let this damn team down. Especially Flacco. The way he fucking ignored Joe after signing him to a massive contract is absurdly idiotic. Jensen is probably going to walk because Ozzie is hellbent on commpensatory picks which will leave us with 2/5ths of an oline. And no. We don't have good in house options. Lewis is a TERRIBLE guard. Siragusa might not ever be the same again. Howard is old and we need a new RT. Our offense takes 2 steps back and we can't afford for that to happen. Skura vastly overachieved and I don't trust him moving forward. Elumenor? Forget about it. Hurst? Also forget about it. We should have gotten rid of him years ago and once again, he overachieved like it's nobody's business. Our weapons are a fucking joke outside of Collins and Woodhead and when avaliable Dixon is good too.

If we let Jensen walk we will have to get.

LG
C
RT
WR
WR
TE

And we'll still go fucking defense mostly smh. We need an entire offensive overhaul and it looks like we are content with letting Jensen walk. Fucking typical of us.
Last year you didn’t want Jensen at OC until the preseason. I was one of the members that was pushing for Jensen to start at Center due to the change in scheme being a strength. I’d love to keep Jensen in his role, but I’m not overpaying for him either. The OL performed more than admirably throughout the year. Now if we lose Jensen, we will fix it. This year is different than the past.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Last year you didn’t want Jensen at OC until the preseason. I was one of the members that was pushing for Jensen to start at Center due to the change in scheme being a strength. I’d love to keep Jensen in his role, but I’m not overpaying for him either. The OL performed more than admirably throughout the year. Now if we lose Jensen, we will fix it. This year is different than the past.
It didn't perform admirably, it overachieved. There's a fundamental difference. Skura SUCKS. No thank you.

We finally have stability at the center position and you think we can fix it after it has been a problem after 5 fucking years? No.. Just no. You now want us to go find 3 offensive line starters and a plethora of weapons in a single offseason. Well I hope Ozzie can shit money like Ben Bernanke thought people could because we can't afford to do that. I do not trust us to fix it. I'd strongly consider overpaying him in the long run.

We give the fucking one dimensional run stuffer franchise money but we don't resign the anchor at center.. Fuck me.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Ryan is a one year “vet” at center so I’m not so sure he gets the stupid money thrown at him. If the Ravens can sign him for say, 5 years, average $8.5 mil. to $9 mil. I think they have to jump on it. They have not had an acceptable anchor since Matt Birk retired and it showed. Even if they draft a project and he works out down the road Jensen will be there to play guard. Pay the man!

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

I mostly agree. I think we’re looking at the real Ozzie without the elite scouts and assistants around him that Belichick hired in Cleveland. Who pays a one dimensional overrated defensive tackle franchise money?? And DeCosta was cool with that?? I mean u can get an ok replacement far cheaper an mid rounds in the draft. Only way I could be in favor of letting Jensen walk is if we sign young WRs and draft oline early and often. Like trade down grab Wynn and Hernandez or Wynn and price. If Ozzie lets Jensen walk like KO to use the money on older diminishing patchwork receivers. that would so totally suck. To trade an anchor for temp patchwork players to try and get Harball to the playoffs for ammo to defend him from fans wanting him gone. It would be cool to keep Jensen for Yanda money. He could get offered anywhere’s from $8–11 million a yr on the market.