• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bucs signed Ryan Jenson to a 4 year $42M contract. Meanwhile the Rams just re-signed Center John Sullivan to a 2 year $15M deal.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Counted 9 contracts that were UFAs that had higher figures than Jensen, took one away from Vikings since they signed Cousins. Will go through and get a look at potential comp pick here in a bit but I'd expect at least 4th rounder for Jensen next year

EDIT: Missed Trumaine Johnson so 10 total

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
I figure at this point, the Ravens are going to prioritize cap casualties for the comp pick formula. You might have 1 more signing as we really only have 3-4 guys that will get contracts with a high enough value to factor into the equation - Jensen, Wallace, Howard, and maybe Campanaro. The rest are likely minimum deals or out of the league entirely.

I'd imagine the contract Wallace (if it's not here) or Howard signs is likely going to be in the John Brown range to cancel that out. Might be content signing another guy in that range, or maybe someone more in Camp's range once we see what he gets, also with the caveat that it's not a return here.

Yea just like with orr and rick wagner too right lol. Cmon man. I dnt understand when yall do that. We got guys like webb and flacco who have been playing garbage forever, yet yall stick up for them but soon as a player that played well for leave, people throw a lil shade. Idk guess im just different
I was on the train to keep Wagner last season and let B Williams walk. Howard stepped in and was decent I think our o line would have been fine with Lewis and Yanda sucks that we lost them both. I was never a fan of Jensen, I can’t speak for anyone else

Last edited:

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Bucs signed Ryan Jenson to a 4 year $42M contract. Meanwhile the Rams just re-signed Center John Sullivan to a 2 year $15M deal.

Crabtree left just win baby to just lose baby!! I would prefer Jensen to Hurst Crabtree and Brown combined. But ravens let their young Alpha’s walk to spread money around patching holes 4 quick fixes to. Attempt to get to 8-9 wins and make the playoffs. Managements actions are that of a very desperate team!! Bengals are fixing their weakness the Oline. Browns are going to be so much better. Ravens look like a last place team. Would really have to strike gold and have an historical great draft to remotely have any chance to be a playoff team.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Crabtree left just win baby to just lose baby!! I would prefer Jensen to Hurst Crabtree and Brown combined. But ravens let their young Alpha’s walk to spread money around patching holes 4 quick fixes to. Attempt to get to 8-9 wins and make the playoffs. Managements actions are that of a very desperate team!! Bengals are fixing their weakness the Oline. Browns are going to be so much better. Ravens look like a last place team. Would really have to strike gold and have an historical great draft to remotely have any chance to be a playoff team.
So sick of your pessimism. Sorry, Ryan Jensen played pretty well for us but he does not deserve to be the highest paid center in the NFL and I wouldn’t want my team to pay him that much. I’d much prefer Crab and Brown.

I don’t want us overpaying players anymore. Tired of being in cap hell.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
So sick of your pessimism. Sorry, Ryan Jensen played pretty well for us but he does not deserve to be the highest paid center in the NFL and I wouldn’t want my team to pay him that much. I’d much prefer Crab and Brown.

Salaries escalate dude.By end of that contract there will be 5 or more centers making more than Jensen. Every time ravens don’t get a player he wasn’t worth the money. But applauded the Williams and Jefferson contracts. Then when Mosley becomes highest or near highest paid ilb all of u will talk it up as a great signing. And u full well know it. I’m not a pessimist. It’s being honest and not a biased homer. Crabtree is a 30+ former NO.2 in decline. Ravens are gonna turn him into a NO.1. I’m looking forward to ravens losing 10 games maybe 11 and getting a top6 pick maybe top4. A new coach and GM not scared to hunt big game. With a vision to build a formidable team. That’s not so pessimistic

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Salaries escalate dude.By end of that contract there will be 5 or more centers making more than Jensen. Every time ravens don’t get a player he wasn’t worth the money. But applauded the Williams and Jefferson contracts. Then when Mosley becomes highest or near highest paid ilb all of u will talk it up as a great signing. And u full well know it. I’m not a pessimist. It’s being honest and not a biased homer.
Stop saying “all of you” with everything you say. Stop trying to group everyone up. We all have differing opinions on things. You are the biggest freaking pessimist on this board dude. Not even close.

Please for the love of god try and see the good in things for once. It will change your life.

arnie_uk

Veteran
It will be at least 4th, most likely 3rd round.
I'm still at loss how Jensen can be highest paid C in the league. Looks like Bucs have fallen the next victim of the Ravens FA who played well in his contract year.
Can't see it being a third. I mean he's well down the list in contract size this season.

Bigger salaries:

Bradford
Robinson
Keenum
Norwell
Watkins
Cousins
Solder
Trumaine Johnson
Butler

Obvisouly some of those will be cancelled out by free agent signings, but he's well down the list.

I wouldn't expect much more than a 4th