• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Free Agency

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
we had the probably the easiest schedule of the whole nfl and still couldnt make the playoffs or even beat a playoff caliber team! Even in the 1st 4 games of season you could see that we werent a good team! Nothing good came from last season, from offseason to seasons end. Terrible

Good to see you are still just as divorced from reality as ever.

The only weakness the team had on O after Flacco healed up was the awful receiving group which is being addressed. The problem is deep down you know that so instead you judge offense based on how it played with an injured QB because otherwise it breaks the narrative you are so desperate to pitch.

You are not the voice of reason im a sea of deluded fans, you are just a pessimist determined to proclaim doom and gloom when it is completely unwarranted and unsupported by reality.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

The only weakness the team had on O after Flacco healed up was the awful receiving group which is being addressed. The problem is deep down you know that so instead you judge offense based on how it played with an injured QB because otherwise it breaks the narrative you are so desperate to pitch.

You are not the voice of reason im a sea of deluded fans, you are just a pessimist determined to proclaim doom and gloom when it is completely unwarranted and unsupported by reality.
*drops mic*

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I wonder which is worse, a deluded optimist or a deluded pessimist?

All Free Agency this year, with the crazy ups and downs, the Raven fanbase has been quite crazed. Between the "Better measure Ryan Grant's gold jacket" camp and the "Let's cut Ozzie Newsome open with a knife and play with his organs" camp, the fanbase hasn't left a lot to be desired.

I think this is just what happens to fanbases of consistently average teams. Every decision gets hyper-analyzed and viewed as a make or break move. Hopefully everybody feels better by the time the draft comes around.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

so this means next year the offense should much better since flacco is healed up right? ive seen on multiple ocassions the low football Iq flacco possess when it comes to clock managment.. seen flacco consistently make bad reads and throw an int directly to a defender! in his 10th plus yr, he still doesnt make nor call reads at the line of scrimmage... you want me to be optimistic about a guy that hasconsistently throughout his career looked like a bad qb? He played well? Vs who? how many playoff teams did he beat this year? Or plus.500 teams? Why are we blaming the wrs when flacco is just as bad lol. All of the injuries, bad signings in jefferson and maclin, no playoffs, terrible cap situation.. whole season was just bad.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
so this means next year the offense should much better since flacco is healed up right? ive seen on multiple ocassions the low football Iq flacco possess when it comes to clock managment.. seen flacco consistently make bad reads and throw an int directly to a defender! in his 10th plus yr, he still doesnt make nor call reads at the line of scrimmage... you want me to be optimistic about a guy that hasconsistently throughout his career looked like a bad qb? He played well? Vs who? how many playoff teams did he beat this year? Or plus.500 teams? Why are we blaming the wrs when flacco is just as bad lol. All of the injuries, bad signings in jefferson and maclin, no playoffs, terrible cap situation.. whole season was just bad.
you missed B.Williams. There's no guarantee to get to the playoffs with an elite QB (Brees). The F.O. needs to minimize their mismanagement. I'm not optimistic about next season: again too many ???.
Ozzie has no chance to draft a QB high. There's no way he's trading up to the top 5. I hope DeCosta has the guts to trade up and takes Herbert or Thorson next year.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've got bad news for @Sledge Hammer.
In the next two weeks #Cowboys UFA WR Brice Butler has scheduled visits to Seattle, Chicago, Jacksonville and Arizona

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've got bad news for @Sledge Hammer.
In the next two weeks #Cowboys UFA WR Brice Butler has scheduled visits to Seattle, Chicago, Jacksonville and Arizona
Lol i swear he only brings that up cause Brice Butler was on The Herd with colin cowherd. He must listen to that cook religously, all they sponser is Mdrive! Lmao!

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Lol i swear he only brings that up cause Brice Butler was on The Herd with colin cowherd. He must listen to that cook religously, all they sponser is Mdrive! Lmao!

Wrong, I don't watch any sports talk shows. A member here brought him up I watched highlights and liked him. I watched clips where he wasn't the target yet you would have thought he was his routes are so good and fast. I like Meredith better. Similar skills as Robinson but smarter. Didn't know he was a free agent. That's the deal ravens need to get done. But will probably sign him when he turns 34 and gets cut lol.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

Deebo takes it in and and blows by the defenses attempts to stop him. He Shoots HE SCORES!! Since everybody is checking off on Crabtree\Brown and ravens making all the correct moves. It means no more excuses 4 Joe Flacco if he blows. Since he now has exactly the receiver ravens needed Crabtree

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Deebo takes it in and and blows by the defenses attempts to stop him. He Shoots HE SCORES!! Since everybody is checking off on Crabtree\Brown and ravens making all the correct moves. It means no more excuses 4 Joe Flacco if he blows. Since he now has exactly the receiver ravens needed Crabtree

when did any of us say this was enough - i think the general attitude from the people you are referring to is that it's a reasonable start to the overhaul but it absolutely has to include more additions through either free agency but also definitely the draft

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Per Schefter:

Former Dolphins’ DT Ndamukong Suh reached agreement with Los Angeles Rams on a one-year, $14 million deal, per source. Suh took less to go to LA. Suh and Aaron Donald now manning LA’s front.

that's a crazy looking DL
RIP Sam Bradford...
And fuck you Cardinals for wasting Fitz's career.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

No matter how many times you try that square peg is not going to fit in the round hole.

Yes, the Ravens unfortunately did not get the playoff teams on their schedule late, they got them early when Flacco was hurt.

I'll say it again slower in case your missing of the point is not you closing your eyes and trying to pretend that reality doesn't exist. Flacco. Was. Hurt. Offense. Bad. When. QB. And. Top. OLINE. Player. Hurt.

Once QB got healthy the offense was great. When he was healthy they went 6-2 losing to the Bengals due to 9 drops and the Steelers in a game that not only did the defense blow (and Maclin), but also it managed to show the difference between healthy Flacco and hurt Flacco.

My primary worry is that I have no idea who the starter is at RT or C. They solve that problem to at least a reasonable degree and I think the offense ranks somewhere in 8-14 range. Solid but not world ending and with the defense that exists that is all that is needed

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Once QB got healthy the offense was great. When he was healthy they went 6-2 losing to the Bengals due to 9 drops and the Steelers in a game that not only did the defense blow (and Maclin), but also it managed to show the difference between healthy Flacco and hurt Flacco.

and still only lost by 1 point in a nail-biter where the defence capitulated at the very end... that's not on flacco either especially given the maclin stuff in that game - i still remember clearly that easy 1st down catch at the end where maclin just let it go right through his hands