• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

TE Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
williams hasnt been what we hoped but he's hardly sucked - he's not been useful or even used at all as a receiver but he was by far our best run blocker this past year - so much of our running game was predicated on him coming across the line and nailing a defender or at least sealing them off
Alex Collins probably doesn't break out with that high caliber blocking from maxx, he was a stellar run blocker both inline and out of the backfield, he sealed off that last defender and sprung so many runs.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
williams hasnt been what we hoped but he's hardly sucked - he's not been useful or even used at all as a receiver but he was by far our best run blocker this past year - so much of our running game was predicated on him coming across the line and nailing a defender or at least sealing them off
Highly disagree. Boyle was miles ahead of Maxx as a run blocker and we saw that when he missed a game. Maxx whiffed or missed a lot of blocks.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I used Crockett for comparisons sake man, because they're very similar, even if one is superior. hurst is more athletic with stronger hands but I do think they're comparable, because I don't think hurst is some stellar athlete as he's still a big lumbering oaf, and I think he's just serviceable in the contested catch department, rather than adept
I would not say at all that he is a big lumbering oaf.. Crockett? Yes. But Hurst has some burst to him and is far more adept at making good moves in the open field. Fumagali is a big lumbering oaf who is better at contested grabs.

And serviceable is still a LOT better than what a lot of the league can do. I'd say he's above servicable, but not necessarily adept. He's not Gesicki who straight up excells at them. But he can do it which has to be put as a positive.

I still think that if his combine is mediocre he falls to the middle rounds.. And that we'd be stupid if we didn't take a flier on him if he is there in round four and we have the opportunity to take him.. Even if we had taken a TE already

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I would not say at all that he is a big lumbering oaf.. Crockett? Yes. But Hurst has some burst to him and is far more adept at making good moves in the open field. Fumagali is a big lumbering oaf who is better at contested grabs.

And serviceable is still a LOT better than what a lot of the league can do. I'd say he's above servicable, but not necessarily adept. He's not Gesicki who straight up excells at them. But he can do it which has to be put as a positive.

I still think that if his combine is mediocre he falls to the middle rounds.. And that we'd be stupid if we didn't take a flier on him if he is there in round four and we have the opportunity to take him.. Even if we had taken a TE already
I'm not even a big hurst fan but I think we'd be stupid to pass in the third. I wouldn't even risk trying to wait it out til the 4th, his ceiling is retarded and his floor is pretty high as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
that didnt bare itself out to me when i went back and reviewed some of the games... the combo between them was very effective but on an individual level i saw maxx do a lot more for the run game than boyle
I totally Agree. Williams was better than Boyle

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
TE rankings:

1. Mike Gesicki Penn St (late 1st, early 2nd)
2. Dallas Goedert SDSU (early 2nd)
3. Hayden Hurst USC (2nd round)
4. Ian Thomas Indiana (2nd/3rd)
5. UP FOR GRABS

Let the hate flow through all of you.....and no i didnt forget anyone.

Last edited:

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
TE rankings:

1. Mike Gesicki Penn St (late 1st, early 2nd)
2. Dallas Goedert SDSU (early 2nd)
3. Hayden Hurst USC (2nd round)
4. Ian Thomas Indiana (2nd/3rd)
5. UP FOR GRABS

Let the hate flow through all of you.....and no i didnt forget anyone.
Oh man you’re about to get your ass lit up lol

*Grabs popcorn*

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im just gonna leave this here and walk away.....

"He's a great big slot receiver. That's it. He won't block at all so what do you have other than a big slot who is an average athlete? I gave him a Day 3 grade." -- AFC regional scout on Mark Andrews