• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

TE Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I went back to watch Hayden Hurst's tape and I liked it a lot more than I first did. Very complete prospect, can win in many ways as a receiver and would be a great fit in a play action based offense.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I went back to watch Hayden Hurst's tape and I liked it a lot more than I first did. Very complete prospect, can win in many ways as a receiver and would be a great fit in a play action based offense.
I like him a lot, probably the most of all TEs in this class. Age is an issue a bit, so it's probably what you see is what you get with not a lot of room for development / body work. Worked with Pitta until the freak injury though - I wouldn't mind if we pick him at all.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I worry Hurst is just gonna be average at the next level idk.....he has no trump card like Gesicki with highpointing or Andrews and his route running. Hes solid at everything (in college) but that solid in college can turn to average in the NFL real fast

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I worry Hurst is just gonna be average at the next level idk.....he has no trump card like Gesicki with highpointing or Andrews and his route running. Hes solid at everything (in college) but that solid in college can turn to average in the NFL real fast
He is quicker than both, can box out and high point at an excellent level... Don't really see what's going to turn into average.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hes slow as molasses though. Maybe even slower
He's not the prototype TE so far as what we're looking for but he gets open, he has very very good hands and blocks well.
He's a really good football player. Great red zone target as well.
He will be productive in the league.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's not the prototype TE so far as what we're looking for but he gets open, he has very very good hands and blocks well.
He's a really good football player. Great red zone target as well.
He will be productive in the league.
He gets open vs soft zone but thats it. If hes pressed at the line or gets any physical contact throughout his route he gets completely nulified. He can catch i gibe him that, but he wont get any seperation in the nfl

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
He gets open vs soft zone but thats it. If hes pressed at the line or gets any physical contact throughout his route he gets completely nulified. He can catch i gibe him that, but he wont get any seperation in the nfl
It's amazing how many times he is actually bracketed in coverage due to Wisconsin's lack of pass catchers. I'm certain, on a team with multiple pass catching threats he will be a quarterbacks best friend on third downs and in the red zone.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's amazing how many times he is actually bracketed in coverage due to Wisconsin's lack of pass catchers. I'm certain, on a team with multiple pass catching threats he will be a quarterbacks best friend on third downs and in the red zone.

i dont see that at all - he hasnt got the athleticism to gain much separation and definitely doesnt have the suddenness or smooth agility with speed to get separation fast which is majorly important as a redzone/third down target - he's an in-line tight end who will be a block first guy with some pass catching utility if teams game-plan some routes that get him lost in the wash and sneak him out but as a receiving tight end running routes he's gonna struggle to win where it matters early in the route and late in the route

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Mark Andrews was lucky the Big12 sucks and they only play zone. He gains no seperation in man. Watch him run, his knees never pass his torso, has no knee drive. Hes averaged 16 ypc but i see that dropping to the 10-13 range in the NFL. Hes just too slow and not a good enough athlete who doesnt block at all to really consider him until day 3

If Mark Andrew averages 10 to 13 yards per reception in The NFl you know that isn't slow right ?. Ben Watson averaged less than 9.0 yards per reception last year and that's slow.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Mark Andrew averages 10 to 13 yards per reception in The NFl you know that isn't slow right ?. Ben Watson averaged less than 9.0 yards per reception last year and that's slow.
I find it amazing when people say he "only" averages 10 to 13 yards per reception. That's really good for a TE, really good.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I find it amazing when people say he "only" averages 10 to 13 yards per reception. That's really good for a TE, really good.
He averaged 16 ypc actually. I guess im just shocked his average was so high, it will drop but how much is the question. I guess 10-13 is really good lol. Shouldve used different numbers