• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

TE Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mark Andrews was lucky the Big12 sucks and they only play zone. He gains no seperation in man. Watch him run, his knees never pass his torso, has no knee drive. Hes averaged 16 ypc but i see that dropping to the 10-13 range in the NFL. Hes just too slow and not a good enough athlete who doesnt block at all to really consider him until day 3

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The main concern I have with Andrews is with how physical he is. NFL guys will be jamming him and bumping a lot in the first 5 yards. I think he might get pushed around at the NFL level.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
The main concern I have with Andrews is with how physical he is. NFL guys will be jamming him and bumping a lot in the first 5 yards. I think he might get pushed around at the NFL level.
I agree. Hes added weight throughout his time at oklahoma but hes lost some speed with it and doesnt apply it to blocking. He never engages in his blocks, he always kinda waits there and 'catches' his guy. Hes gonna get blown up in the NFL. Guys at Oklahoma never challenged him. He needs to be able to be an in-line blocker or wham blocker if he wants to stay on the feild, otherwise he becomes to predictable cause you can only use him on passing downs. I just dont see him getting the seperation he gets in college at the next level. Not in man coverage at least.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I agree. Hes added weight throughout his time at oklahoma but hes lost some speed with it and doesnt apply it to blocking. He never engages in his blocks, he always kinda waits there and 'catches' his guy. Hes gonna get blown up in the NFL. Guys at Oklahoma never challenged him. He needs to be able to be an in-line blocker or wham blocker if he wants to stay on the feild, otherwise he becomes to predictable cause you can only use him on passing downs. I just dont see him getting the seperation he gets in college at the next level. Not in man coverage at least.

He bombed the 40

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Gesicki has a huge catch radius and soe impressive instincts. Staff said he was always putting in effort to become a better route runners. Shines as a downfield playmaker. I'd love him on the Ravens.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hayden Hurst is a day 1 starting TE. Hes very well rounded and is already 25 years old. Im not sure he has much room to grow but hes ready to contribute now.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, he might not have the same straight line speed, but Thomas did beat Andrews in the cone drill, and ended up second in the long jump. Dude is a hell of an athlete to go along with his great build, massive hands, and blocking ability.

Last edited:

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, he might have the same straight line speed, but Thomas did beat Andrews in the cone drill, and ended up second in the long jump. Dude is a hell of an athlete to go along with his great build, massive hands, and blocking ability.
Ya i saw Andrews 40 time was originally 4.59 but officially 4.67. Either way he doesnt play that fast just like Gesicki doesnt play at 4.55 speed. Ian Thomas is clearly more explosive on film and it shows in the other drills as you mentioned

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm probably getting too attached to Thomas. I truly believe he'd be absolutely perfect for us, but I'm sure he's probably going to end up going right before one of our picks. I just hope the Ravens have a real interest in him given that they've meet with him at the combine.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm probably getting too attached to Thomas. I truly believe he'd be absolutely perfect for us, but I'm sure he's probably going to end up going right before one of our picks. I just hope the Ravens have a real interest in him given that they've meet with him at the combine.
Then don't jinx us then.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
According to Charlie Campbell and unnamed and unconfirmed sources, NFL scouts have injury concerns with Dallas goedert and teams are giving him third and fourth round grades

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
According to Charlie Campbell and unnamed and unconfirmed sources, NFL scouts have injury concerns with Dallas goedert and teams are giving him third and fourth round grades
Wow, love to know where this is coming from. Probably a smokescreen