• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Tennessee

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We just need to try to beat the Titans at their own game and use Alex Collins to eat up clock and get some good runs like he had against Miami. Mallet just needs to be a game manager here, and hopefully we can come out with back to back wins.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We just need to try to beat the Titans at their own game and use Alex Collins to eat up clock and get some good runs like he had against Miami. Mallet just needs to be a game manager here, and hopefully we can come out with back to back wins.
More defensive touchdowns, Jimmy, please....

Or you could spread the wealth......Humphrey it’s your turn to take it to the house.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Brandon Williams is playing, I think we will beat them at their own game. He's such a difference maker to our rushing defense. We're the best in the league with him, and one of the worst without him. Thankfully he seems to be fully back without any lingering effects.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Brandon Williams is playing, I think we will beat them at their own game. He's such a difference maker to our rushing defense. We're the best in the league with him, and one of the worst without him. Thankfully he seems to be fully back without any lingering effects.
Yeah, think he was just getting his sea legs back vs, The Bears

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Our entire defense must play as good as they did against Miami. Mariota isn't Matt Moore.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I know nothing about the Titans defense, but wouldn't surprise me if they became the second coming of the 2000 Titans defense.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know nothing about the Titans defense, but wouldn't surprise me if they became the second coming of the 2000 Titans defense.
Just checked it out, and the Titans are ranked 26th in pass defense and 10th in rush defense. And of course we suck at throwing the ball.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, think he was just getting his sea legs back vs, The Bears

In just 4 games he made every single person who questioned whether he was worth that contract realize that he is worth every single penny and more because the best secondary in the league means nothing if they never have to throw the football.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Just checked it out, and the Titans are ranked 26th in pass defense and 10th in rush defense. And of course we suck at throwing the ball.
Well Miami had the 5th rush defense, so if we can stick to the run game we might control this game well.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I think Joe plays and we win.
I really hope you are right. I have not heard much about Joe. I know he is in concussion protocol but I am also worried about he neck and ear. He has to have a bad case of whiplash from that brutal hit. I should say dirty hit because Alonso definitely lowered his shoulder at Joes head before impact instead of raising it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really hope you are right. I have not heard much about Joe. I know he is in concussion protocol but I am also worried about he neck and ear. He has to have a bad case of whiplash from that brutal hit. I should say dirty hit because Alonso definitely lowered his shoulder at Joes head before impact instead of raising it.

All that’s been said was joe himself saying he was as good as could be expected all considered

Or something to that vague effect - so I guess we don’t really know

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
All that’s been said was joe himself saying he was as good as could be expected all considered

Or something to that vague effect - so I guess we don’t really know
It was reported that ge texted friends that he already felt a little bit better yesterday.

If we win this, we'll have to win 5 of our last 7 games to be a lock for the playoffs. I honestly think this is a must-win game if we want to have post-season aspirations.

Buffalo and Tennessee seem like teams that might not be a threat, but you just can't be sure. I'm still very uncertain about our playoff chances even thought this schedule is favorable to us, it's just in this teams blood to not take advantage of good opportunities that come towards their way and it isn't limited to just this year, we have a history of blowing opportunities.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
As far as I'm concerned this is a must win for the Ravens to have any chance at all to sniff the post season. In fact, not just this game but the next 2 games after this Titans games are must win as well. We need to beat the Titans and GB at the very least to stand a chance at discussing the possibility of a post season berth. If we lose even 1 of the next 2, we need to focus strongly on next year's draft and the changes that need to be made to bring about a winning culture back to Baltimore. I for one am not entirely swayed by this whipping of the Dolphins wet butts! I need to see a win streak of at least 3-4 games playing at a high level to become a believer again. To me we are still ridiculously inconsistent as a team to be talking about anything but trying to eke out as many wins as possible.