• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Tennessee

K-Dog

MVP
With all of the concern and pending litigation against the NFL you can be guaranteed that Joe won’t play unless he is fully cleared by an independent neurologist.

yeah, it is not like we can stuff him full of Tylenol and send him out on the field.

There are people who have NO ties to Joe or the Ravens who can give him a green light. If I am not mistaken it is plural. Not just one person gives him the green light. There must be a consensus.

Zrebiec pointed this out but this is our only game in 23 days. I think these next two games, Tennessee and Green-bay are pivotal for this team.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Zrebiec pointed this out but this is our only game in 23 days. I think these next two games, Tennessee and Green-bay are pivotal for this team.
The ONLY two losses we can afford are GB and DET because they're NFC opponents. If this team is serious about making the playoffs, they CAN NOT lose to another AFC team from here on out.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
No way Joe plays even if cleared I think. That'd be dumb.
Harbaugh just forcing Titans to plan for him.
Do you truly believe that. Cause i wouldnt be shocked if he plays sunday

Concussions dont always have symptoms the week of the hit. He could end up having symptoms 4 weeks from now or none whats so ever. Thats what makes them so complicated

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Do you truly believe that. Cause i wouldnt be shocked if he plays sunday

Concussions dont always have symptoms the week of the hit. He could end up having symptoms 4 weeks from now or none whats so ever. Thats what makes them so complicated
I'd rather sit him and take advantage of a continuous 16 days break for his health's sake.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know it's a week by week league and unpredictable but taking into account the titans beat the jaguars
it does give me a reason to put the breaks on optimism.

Really need to get to mariota and win the battle vs that O line. I really like their O line. wish we made an effort like they did with it :/

Tank

Hall of Famer
I know it's a week by week league and unpredictable but taking into account the titans beat the jaguars
it does give me a reason to put the breaks on optimism.

Really need to get to mariota and win the battle vs that O line. I really like their O line. wish we made an effort like they did with it :/
Did you also take into account the dolphins beat the titans? Shouldn’t that have you on the gas with optimism? Performance against like opponents means nothing.

Last edited:

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd rather sit him and take advantage of a continuous 16 days break for his health's sake.
If we beat the Bears, we surely could rest Flacco. But that isn't something we can afford to do. If we lose this week, best we go is probably 8-8. Nothing else will matter. I think we will surely not have Flacco drop back 30+ times, I say we feed Collins 25 carries with Joe throwing max 20 times.

Tank

Hall of Famer
If we beat the Bears, we surely could rest Flacco. But that isn't something we can afford to do. If we lose this week, best we go is probably 8-8. Nothing else will matter. I think we will surely not have Flacco drop back 30+ times, I say we feed Collins 25 carries with Joe throwing max 20 times.
It’s not a question of “something we can afford to do”. If there’s any question of Joe’s fitness to play, he won’t play and it’s not the Ravens’ decision.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's pretty clear that our main threat is alex collins

words cannot describe how much of a bust and dissapointment perriman is. If he could have been that bigger bodied torrey smith it would have changed our O

right now he makes darius heyward bey look like julio jones

it's pretty clear that our main threat is alex collins

words cannot describe how much of a bust and dissapointment perriman is. If he could have been that bigger bodied torrey smith it would have changed our O

right now he makes darius heyward bey look like julio jones
I’m very disappointed in Perriman as well. He has the size and speed you dream of in a receiver but he does not win off the LOS and that’s going to hold him back, not to mention his hands are an issue. He’s just really raw at the moment and that’s because he can never stay healthy which is easily his biggest issue. I wish the guy can go one offseason without an injury.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
cant really afford to lose to the packers either tbh given that they are going to be yet another team we face who doesnt have the qb who started week 1 to face us
I'm of the mindset that we really can't afford to lose any games from here on out, BUT I could stomach the loss against the Packers because they're an NFC team. But I do hope they beat the Lions next week. I don't want to give Hundley his first NFL win.

Did you also take into account the dolphins beat the titans? Shouldn’t that have you on the gas with optimism? Performance against like opponents means nothing.
To be fair, that was against the Cassel-led Titans, but I agree with the rest.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm of the mindset that we really can't afford to lose any games from here on out, BUT I could stomach the loss against the Packers because they're an NFC team. But I do hope they beat the Lions next week. I don't want to give Hundley his first NFL win.

To be fair, that was against the Cassel-led Titans, but I agree with the rest.

i mean honestly we can only afford 2 more losses really which seems crazy when we are .500 but heyho and they absolutely cannot come against titans or texans - the rest i see as a jumble of less important games in terms of tiebreakers (even the steelers game) as long as we only drop 2 more games this year

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i mean honestly we can only afford 2 more losses really which seems crazy when we are .500 but heyho and they absolutely cannot come against titans or texans - the rest i see as a jumble of less important games in terms of tiebreakers (even the steelers game) as long as we only drop 2 more games this year
Well, we can also hope Pittsburgh drops one and we beat them back, then it's a race.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Oh no doubt. Anything less than a 10-6 is basically elimination. I would also add the Bengals to the list of teams we absolutely cannot lose to.