• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defense, the Special Teams, and the Ugly: Week 9 Edition

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I understand the desire to want Breshad to succeed, I feel the same way. But in what was his best game of the year he had 3 catches from 7 targets for 28 yards. That ain’t gonna get it. By contrast Maclin had 8 from 9.

Perriman did look more confident in his play and route running yesterday, but plain and simple the dude just has board hands.
I mean I don't think he has board hands. He doesn't drop everything. He's gonna drop like one pass a game, I've accepted it. He only dropped one pass yesterday. Another target was the deep bomb that was out of his reach. Another target was thrown literally on the ground at his feet. The other one the defense hit him at the perfect time popping the ball out. The other 3 he caught.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
I mean I don't think he has board hands. He doesn't drop everything. He's gonna drop like one pass a game, I've accepted it. He only dropped one pass yesterday. Another target was the deep bomb that was out of his reach. Another target was thrown literally on the ground at his feet. The other one the defense hit him at the perfect time popping the ball out. The other 3 he caught.
Man I would love to stay optimistic about Breshad, but..........

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Man I would love to stay optimistic about Breshad, but..........
But what? In the end, whether he succeeds or not won't change my life or yours. All we're hoping is for a young and deserving kid to get the reward he deserves.

Tank

Hall of Famer
But what? In the end, whether he succeeds or not won't change my life or yours. All we're hoping is for a young and deserving kid to get the reward he deserves.
But he doesn’t look to be what he was hoped to be. Doesn’t mean I don’t still want him to take the next step and help the team win, but it doesn’t look good. And yeah, he seems like a great guy. But let’s keep things in perspective.......he’s already made millions, so yeah, there’s that.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
What have you seen from Perriman's game play in 9 games so far....that says otherwise? That he's not a BUM? :rolleyes: :cool:
He's just not dependable to me. I kind of got off the whole Joe doesn't look towards his way argument, because when you have as many drops (7), as catches (7), then you're not exempt from blame. The injuries just hurt this guys development badly and he was raw coming out of college, now you just wonder if he even took any steps in his game since college.

Tank

Hall of Famer
What have you seen from Perriman's game play in 9 games so far....that says otherwise? That he's not a BUM? :rolleyes: :cool:
Bum is a little harsh. I think he has the skills and physical talent to be a good one and his problems lie between his ears. All of the reports of him excelling on the practice field can’t be that wrong, but there’s something in his head that turns his hands to hams at the worst moments. It’s a shame because he could be just what this offense needs. Wallace regularly disappears and Maclin is made of glass so neither of them can really be depended upon either. Sadly another year goes by without a dependable wide receiver. Maybe the bye turns some things around.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bum is a little harsh. I think he has the skills and physical talent to be a good one and his problems lie between his ears. All of the reports of him excelling on the practice field can’t be that wrong, but there’s something in his head that turns his hands to hams at the worst moments. It’s a shame because he could be just what this offense needs. Wallace regularly disappears and Maclin is made of glass so neither of them can really be depended upon either. Sadly another year goes by without a dependable wide receiver. Maybe the bye turns some things around.
I hope Perriman succeeds and we desperately need him but I don’t see it . The front office will give him one more year to turn it around , that’s it.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

You're optimism makes me sick... but I somewhat respect it. The truth is, most wrs don't take this long to start getting good and even if he does, I don't think it will be here. We're allergic to creative offenses and doubt we'll find a way to utilize him properly. We can't even find a way to use him for what's supposed to be his strong suit which is deep passes. Hell, it shouldn't be that difficult to set him up for easy touches to get some yac and we can't even do that.

But, with the right staff.... MAYBE... next season he could...

BREAKOUT

Tank

Hall of Famer
You're optimism makes me sick... but I somewhat respect it. The truth is, most wrs don't take this long to start getting good and even if he does, I don't think it will be here. We're allergic to creative offenses and doubt we'll find a way to utilize him properly. We can't even find a way to use him for what's supposed to be his strong suit which is deep passes. Hell, it shouldn't be that difficult to set him up for easy touches to get some yac and we can't even do that.

But, with the right staff.... MAYBE... next season he could...

BREAKOUT

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Was I being optimistic?

He had two excellent deep ball chances last week.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope Perriman succeeds and we desperately need him but I don’t see it . The front office will give him one more year to turn it around , that’s it.

He probably gets one more year, but does he really deserve it? Tim White was really looking like he was going to get some substantial play-time before his injury and I expect him to continue that next season, provided that he's healthy. Then, if we draft a WR or two then where does that leave Perriman? We'll have an extra spot next season once we cut Wallace, but I just don't know if Perriman will be able to beat out anyone for a roster spot.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
He probably gets one more year, but does he really deserve it? Tim White was really looking like he was going to get some substantial play-time before his injury and I expect him to continue that next season, provided that he's healthy. Then, if we draft a WR or two then where does that leave Perriman? We'll have an extra spot next season once we cut Wallace, but I just don't know if Perriman will be able to beat out anyone for a roster spot.
Well they say Perriman looks great in practice, minicamps but it just doesnt translate in the games.

I agree he may not deserve it but we give top picks more time to come around.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well they say Perriman looks great in practice, minicamps but it just doesnt translate in the games.

I agree he may not deserve it but we give top picks more time to come around.

Yeah, Campanaro is a prime example of this with all of his injuries and still being on the team (although in his case, he's actually shown production when he's on the field).

I recall Harbaugh, at a time, saying that they weren't going to keep sticking with guys if they're not producing and/or can't stay on the field....

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Sorry gang- I usually have my thoughts up on Monday night, but I missed half the first quarter and want to watch that (will be able to today with NFL Sunday Ticket) before writing my thoughts. Should be up tonight by hopefully 8 or 9 PM.