• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Offensive Coordinator Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Thinking if Marty was fired, it would’ve been this morning, unless we’re waiting for Harbaugh to reveal the news at his presser.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think it would make much sense to fire Marty now unless Kubes is walking through the door. Let Marty run out the season and replace him in the off-season. Besides, the more games we lose, the better draft pick we'll get.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I don't think it would make much sense to fire Marty now unless Kubes is walking through the door. Let Marty run out the season and replace him in the off-season. Besides, the more games we lose, the better draft pick we'll get.

If kubes isn't interested who then could ravens replace Marty with

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
If kubes isn't interested who then could ravens replace Marty with

If we don't get Kubiak then I would want to get an up-and-coming OC. I can't think of any names off the top of my head, but we just need some fresh ideas on offense in the worst possible way. Even if we hire a guy and he's only here for a year or two before getting a HC job somewhere else, I think that's the way to go.

Purple&Black#20

Practice Squad
We still looking for a patch job. Fire Harbaugh and hire Kube. Harb and Flacco both needs to go but we all know we're stuck with Flacco for a least another full season. Draft a quarterback....hint hint Baker Mayfield to run Kubes system. Harbs and Flacco first 5 season record is 54-26 under Ray Lewis and the defense. We are 35-38 after winning the Superbowl. Do the math...we suck and will always under this Flacco, Harbaugh marriage.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
When is Harbaugh supposed to talk to the media? Doesn’t he do it sooner on a Monday than now? Maybe they’re on the phone with Kubiak and Marty has been out of the Castle since early this morning.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd still like to see what Roman can do. Yes, I'd love to have Kubiak here, but it certainly would make the decision easier with a little information on roman calling the plays.

The only logical, probably short term, answer is Roman. There is no way Kubiak is joining a team half way into a season. He'd basically be calling plays from another guy's playbook.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
For those wondering..... Harbaugh is blinded by friendship and his way past delusional.

Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 2h2 hours ago
Harbaugh on why Mornhinweg is still the OC: "I see an identity to this offense. I can look at it and see where we're going to build."

Harbaugh is digging his own grave at this point if he continues to say stupid things like that when it's obvious something needs to change.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
For those wondering..... Harbaugh is blinded by friendship and his way past delusional.

Harbaugh on why Mornhinweg is still the OC: "I see an identity to this offense. I can look at it and see where we're going to build."

Harbaugh is digging his own grave at this point if he continues to say stupid things like that when it's obvious something needs to change.

We all can see that identity.

Harbaugh needs to go, taking all his staff with him. We keep Rosburg and Roman.

Happy watching the second part of the season, Ravens fans!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The only logical, probably short term, answer is Roman. There is no way Kubiak is joining a team half way into a season. He'd basically be calling plays from another guy's playbook.

I’m pretty sure kubiak himself insinuated as such when he said he might be coming back: he’d be coming in as an OC to a team he thinks is a potential contender and joining them for 2018

JAAM

Hall of Famer

He’ll be gone the Monday after our last game. I’ve been thinking about it all day, and it really doesn’t make much sense to promote Roman for half the season, then hire Kubiak, even if Roman does well. They probably don’t have a lot of faith in Roman anyways, and want him to work on the offensive line. I’m willing to bet we’re all in on Kubiak for ‘18, and if not, Steve needs to intervene (which I’m sure he will).

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
What happened to "I am not going anywhere, I am not interested in any HC positions. We are building something here"?
Trader.
EXACTLY THIS. I was fucking heated when he left us after hearing that. This was the one time where I actually felt optimistic about the offense in quite some time. Had he not say any of that and kinda hinted that he was looking at his options, then I would've been fine. But naaaahhh, I ain't letting this shit go. I don't want him here just to leave because he found ANOTHER "favorable" gig.

LMAO, this fool on that good stuff. I've never smoked a day in my life, but you know what, I'd be willing to have some of what he's having because that shit must be magical. He needs to be drug tested twice a day until our next game.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know this much. The Ravens organization is churning full steam ahead strategizing about what happens next. Best case and worst case. Best case we go on a run, make the playoffs and everything is hunky dory and Steve will be lauded for his patience and faith. Worst case, we lose the rest of the way, Harbaugh is let go, Ozzie is forced to resign and trades galore trying to free up cap space and draft well. Eric DeCosta will be given a short rope to turn this around and we'll hire another unknown coach who impresses Bisciotti.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
You guys are crazy if you think kubiak could hell this current offense! I have no faith in joe flacco at all. Bottom 3 QB in nfl