• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Bernard Pollard Speaks Out on Harbaugh Again

The 12 defense dealt with injuries out the ass. 12 defense if healthy is way better than 13.
Good point but the 2013 Defense was very underrated and a prime reason why we didn’t go to an ultimate collapse. In 2013 I think we suffered from players in playing up to expectations in McPhee and Ngata. That year we had a damn good CB group. The defense is the prime reason why we didn’t crash and burn because that offense was terrifyingly awful. IMO it’s a better team defensively then given credit for. In this case, stats don’t tell the whole story and it’s not the 12th best defense IMO.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Anyone hear his interview with baltimorebeatdown?

Ozzie called pollard and explained the cut wasnt his call bit harbaughs.

And something about the mutiny being players calling harbs out of a lie

RavensDFan

Veteran
So, it's a fact that the depth of injuries the 12 Ravens faced was quite detrimental to the state of the defense.

Look no further than the playoffs for proof of how much better the defense was when it started to get healthy.
That is like saying look no further than the post season to know Flacco is elite isn't it? lol

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
That is like saying look no further than the post season to know Flacco is elite isn't it? lol
Flacco is elite in the postseason, but that's another discussion.

Again, they dealt with a handful of major injuries and finally got close to 100% for the playoffs and performed much better. Not a huge coincidence.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Yep. I really want to know what was he lying about but have a feeling it'll stay the secret forever.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
There are few HCs who actually call plays and schemes. Perhaps I did not say it plainly enough. He relies more heavily on the talent of his coordinators than someone with a background in offense or defense, or both. He lets his loyalty, friendships and personal feelings towards people get in the way of what is best for the team, IMO, when those coordinators are lacking. That does not make him a poor HC overall.

It's my opinion as well! And, it's quite obvious! Many times when you listen to him talk about a coordinator or a player he'll reference them as; "My friend". Or, he'll say, "We're friends" or, "Hopefully, we'll be friends for a long time" etc. It so sickening! :puke:

Harbaugh has always clashed with certain personality types, his track record shows that and Pollard's comments show that as well. Harbaugh likes his players to be humble and listless which is why we have a team that plays conservative and scares nobody.

I remember when Pollard hit a nerve because he dressed down Josh Bynes like a drill sergeant, well Bynes deserved to be tested and thrown in the deep end because he sucked.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
After what I just read, John and his coaching staff are TRASH

RavensDFan

Veteran
Flacco is elite in the postseason, but that's another discussion.

Again, they dealt with a handful of major injuries and finally got close to 100% for the playoffs and performed much better. Not a huge coincidence.
The point is that doesn't change his performance during the regular season. It is what it is. Just like that 2012 defense was what it was throughout the regular season. Injuries cannot be used as an excuse year after year after year and the old "well, they would have been better IF..." standby. They were just what they were and it was mediocre and sometimes below average.

The Raven

Veteran

Yeah, if this came out five years ago when it happened, Pollard's story might have legs, but saying this five years later it looks like an irrelevant, untalented, arrogant hack trying to stay in the news. But then again, I just think Pollard was the worst coverage safety we ever had, so I'm biased as hell.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Yeah, if this came out five years ago when it happened, Pollard's story might have legs, but saying this five years later it looks like an irrelevant, untalented, arrogant hack trying to stay in the news. But then again, I just think Pollard was the worst coverage safety we ever had, so I'm biased as hell.
You see i think he has no reason to lie at this stage. And I'd well believe what he says abw
About harbs.

But then again, i hate harbs, so I'm biased as hell.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

K-Dog

MVP
How that saying go?
There are three sides to every story. Yours, mine and the truth.

Just a thought.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
How that saying go?
There are three sides to every story. Yours, mine and the truth.

Just a thought.

Yeah!

We heard from the media with various articles when the so-called, "munity" first went down. We heard Harbaugh's take on it when asked about it and now we're hearing from Pollard; a former Raven who was not only in the actual meeting in question but who was one at the center of the controversy.

Last edited:

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah!

We heard from the media with various articles when the so-called, "munity" first went down. We heard Harbaugh's take on it when asked about it and now we're hearing from Pollard; a former Raven who was not only in the actual meeting in question but who was one at the center of the controversy.

So essentially the person most likely to spin the story in his favor is the person you consider the most reliable source...

We need a tie breaker, someone from the old guard who will side with Pollard or Harbaugh... although to be fair silence says a lot too.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So essentially the person most likely to spin the story in his favor is the person you consider the most reliable source...

So, essentially the person who was actually linked to the so-called "munity" isn't allowed to speak about it when asked the questions by the interviewers because the person you consider to be the most reliable source is the head coach and he would never spin the story in his favor....

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So, essentially the person who was actually linked to the so-called "munity" isn't allowed to speak about it when asked the questions by the interviewers because the person you consider to be the most reliable source is the head coach and he would never spin the story in his favor....
Why do you keep saying munity?

K-Dog

MVP
We need a tie breaker, someone from the old guard who will side with Pollard or Harbaugh... although to be fair silence says a lot too.

Silence is prefered if you ask me.

I have no clue why this topic even exists. I have no clue why this has some people in such a tizzy.

I am not even positive what a tizzy is.