• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Dennis Pitta - Designed Offense is 1 Read and Check Down

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We need to hold Flacco accountable. He does hold some responsibility in this shitshow..

But this is pretty damning imo. It does show that some issues are scheme issues. And it does explain a lot imo. Now, why Flacco is going along with this shit instead of just audibiling out(Which yes... He's done in the past) is beyond me.

Harbaugh should honestly be ashamed of himself and I honestly think he needs to go if this bullshit continues into next season. Fucking hell this is some bullshit.

Flacco needs to improve too.. But my fucking god this makes me semi heated. Put aside your fucking ego Harbaugh. JFC.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
But this is pretty damning imo. It does show that some issues are scheme issues. And it does explain a lot imo. Now, why Flacco is going along with this shit instead of just audibiling out(Which yes... He's done in the past) is beyond me.

i think ive noticed flacco audibling quite a lot out of pass plays into runs this year - suggests to me that marty still hasnt got the pass-run balance right at all

Sooky

Pro Bowler
didnt he say in the offseason that he doesnt need it but it gives him extra confidence so he was looking to find a more manoeuvrable one - he definitely still looks clunky when running
I feel like in Kubiak's rollouts he was comfortable running because a lot of those plays are designed that if nobody is open downfield that there should be running room for the QB to run a couple yards so the play isn't totally a dead one. In Marty's if what Dennis said is true, he is told look at Wallace 15 yards down the field, then look to Collins on a 3 yard out, and if no one is open get rid of the ball.

I feel like those roll outs were perfect for Flacco because he can make plays with his legs but play design definitely helps because he is no Wilson or Rodgers.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I feel like in Kubiak's rollouts he was comfortable running because a lot of those plays are designed that if nobody is open downfield that there should be running room for the QB to run a couple yards so the play isn't totally a dead one. In Marty's if what Dennis said is true, he is told look at Wallace 15 yards down the field, then look to Collins on a 3 yard out, and if no one is open get rid of the ball.

I feel like those roll outs were perfect for Flacco because he can make plays with his legs but play design definitely helps because he is no Wilson or Rodgers.
I think the checkdown is Watson running a 1 yard flat, not Collins.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I had a dream that Rex Ryan wanted to come to the Ravens and the Roman was ok staying in charge of the run game while Gase came over as the OC.......................................................

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think ive noticed flacco audibling quite a lot out of pass plays into runs this year - suggests to me that marty still hasnt got the pass-run balance right at all

Or that maybe....just maybe Flacco might be smarter than he looks.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Or that maybe....just maybe Flacco might be smarter than he looks.
The OC is technically his boss and Flacco is not one to go against the grain like some other players would. So I do think that Flacco is better than what people give him credit for.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I had a dream that Rex Ryan wanted to come to the Ravens and the Roman was ok staying in charge of the run game while Gase came over as the OC.......................................................
Rex Ryan would do better as an OFFENSIVE Coordinator than Marty.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
There are worse qb/ol/wr combos in the league, FAR worse, yet they are performing better. Flacco has had struggles, but obviously the play calling is a factor, the 1 yard flats to the TE is getting ridiculous at this point. The way we run a working game plan by running and calling PA and attacking weak spots, and then abandoning it for more flats passes, is atrocious(we did this vs Miami and for a whole quarter it looked like we might have allowed a comeback if not for our defense).

Marty has to go, Steve needs to overrule harbs on the next OC decision, or harbs needs to go as well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The OC is technically his boss and Flacco is not one to go against the grain like some other players would. So I do think that Flacco is better than what people give him credit for.

it annoyed me that we went hurry up no huddle in the titans game and put it on flacco and he had a chance to put the bad calling behind us and then 2 plays in he threw an awful pick into no window at all - what's annoying is he'd called a good play but picked the wrong read and threw a bad pick - and all it does is send us backwards philosophically - i know it didnt work that one time but id like us to do it more and take the ball out of marty's hands figuratively - but this coaching staff is predisposed in certain directions so that one mistake can prove their point if its their point but multiple mistakes can be forgiven if they go against their point... i think they struggle sometimes to negate their own bias on certain things

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Love to see what Rex would do with this defense.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Y
yeah i dont want rex here - he over complicates defences for players and ive not heard a defensive player since he became a head coach like his scheme - its telling that since he became a HC his defences have not been as dynamic of impressive - he's like a slightly better greg williams
Yes, it tells that is a better coordinator than he is a head coach.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We need to hold Flacco accountable. He does hold some responsibility in this shitshow..

Harbaugh should honestly be ashamed of himself and I honestly think he needs to go if this bullshit continues into next season. Fucking hell this is some bullshit.

Flacco needs to improve too.. But my fucking god this makes me semi heated. Put aside your fucking ego Harbaugh. JFC.
Semi heated? How about FULL heated! Marty should've NEVER been retained after the end of last season. I totally agree that Flacco needs to improve (who wouldn't agree to this), but Harbs needs to go after this season for enabling our offense to regress to 2013 levels.

My friend is a bills fan and hated his defense last season. Sure rob Ryan was in charge of the d, but he was head coach
I heard the same from other Bills fans. Their defense was nasty prior to Rex's arrival. I believe Schwartz was their DC IIRC, who lo and behold, is doing nice things for the other birds that you love so much.