• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Europe Is My City

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Córdoba was amazing. Hope you enjoyed the Great Mosque of Córdoba or Mesquita de Córdoba

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Iced. A frat star drinking game in the states where if someone presents you with a bottle of Smirnoff ice(aka the pussy vodka) you get down on one knee and chug...

REVENGENCE WILL BE MINE FUCKERS

oh right - we just used to go to a local pub chain and get 3 WKDs for £5 and strawpedo them all and get brainfreeze i guess that's the closest thing we had to iced...

stampedehero

Practice Squad
So those of you who know me well know that I am going to be studying abroad in Seville Spain from January 10th-May 25th.

So. I have questions. I obviously want to spend a decent amount of time in Seville.

So here is a list of places I am going to visit OUTSIDE OF SPAIN(A good friend of mine is going to be in Barcelona, so I will be visiting her from time to time. Also have friends in Granada, Madrid, etc).

So here's a list of places I want to visit. Money isn't an object(I've been saving for a long while) but I obviously don't want to be spending a ton of money everywhere I go.

1. London, England. Will be going here regardless. Gordon Ramsay's restaurant is somewhere I'll be going on my 20th birthday. London eye is also on my list. Guiness and fish and chips.
2. Paris, France. Also on my must visit. Have a little something planned for a friend of mine. Is Disneyland Paris worth a visit?
3. Dublin, Ireland: On St. Patrick's Day. Needless to say that I am not going to remember this place.
4. Rome, Italy: When in Rome? Any places?
5. Alamafi Coast, Italy
6. Prague, Czech Republic. I don't want to go here but a friend of mine does. Sacrafices must be made.
7. Bordeaux, France- WINE COUNTRY

Any other places? I feel like this is a solid list of places I want to go to. Only guarentee for me is England.

You shall fall in live with the Alamafi Coast and not come back. Prague is an interesting place but maybe you can urge your friend to visit Buda Pest (Two cities in one) and get the royal bargain. My brother despised the Parisian French. The other city folk are far more warm. Why not venture in any town on the Mediterranean. You could wear an ascot on the French Riviera and tell them this is the way Baltimoreans dress for the occasion..

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Travel Logistics

15 total weeks for possible travel when you factor in the Morocco trip which I am going on.

Three trips planned thus far outside of the program
  1. One weekend in Madrid
  2. One weekend in Barcelona
  3. Weekend in Paris with a friend from University(yes @Jacquouille if you want to meet for a beer or something whilst I'm there I'm more than down)
I do want to spend time here in Seville but this does present options

France-Bordeaux(I love wine so fuck y'all)

Germany-Berlin, Munich(though Berlin is cheaper)

Italy-Rome, Amalfi Coast, Milan

Czech Republic- Prague

Netherlands-Amsterdam

Greece(likely what people will be doing on the first spring break)

Monaco

Other times to travel include

1. First spring break, where we could do multiple trips in one week
  2. Second spring break, where we could do a singular trip towards the end of the week
  3. There are longer weekends than normal
  4. If we budget our time wisely it is possible to do multiple trips in one weekend since we all have Fridays off.

This should be fun

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
@Lost_In_Translation anytime, just tell me when you plan on coming so I can be sure I'll be there.

Also, just came back from Prague. Wonderful city, but from what I've seen and heard you want to go there in the spring to have a good weather (the city is very colorful so it's better if you have some sun to magnify it) and more activity and life in the city.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Travel Logistics

15 total weeks for possible travel when you factor in the Morocco trip which I am going on......

France-Bordeaux(I love wine so fuck y'all)

Germany-Berlin, Munich(though Berlin is cheaper)

Italy-Rome, Amalfi Coast, Milan

Czech Republic- Prague

Netherlands-Amsterdam

Greece(likely what people will be doing on the first spring break)

Monaco

This should be fun

Just came across this thread. Your plan looks great.
Prague is great if you're into bear you absolutely have to go to a local brewery.
Greece: I can recommend Crete
Germany: Imo Berlin has more things to offer.
I can understand why you don't intend to visit Switzerland. But if you're still considering it, just hmu.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Heading to Prague Thursday...

Pro tip. If you ever go to Europe and want to go clubbing and you're a guy.

Enter with a 4-1 ratio and be able to recite all four teams in the NBA that don't end in the letter s. They'll let you in easily

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Omg Noway! where did u go in prague?? My fiancé lived there For a while b4 coming here as a little girl to escape war in Bosnia
Moving this to the more relevant thread.
1. Czech Republic. Not Norway, but close enough.

Drank lots of craft beer and walked for about 15 miles in 20 degree weather with the worst windchill ever... And it was awesome. I had some local food as well, went to a few nightclubs, got stuck in an elevator with a few of my best friends for an hour and a half, got kicked out of a nightclub.. Eventful weekend.