• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The MLB Offseason Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Orioles also drafted catcher Martin Cervenka from the Giants in the minor league part of the Rule 5 draft.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Looks like Manny is going bye-bye.

No worries though, Rafael Palmeiro is making a comeback! :p

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Dan Duquette to me is putting himself on a very, very hot seat heading into the season. Machado soon to be gone, discussing getting rid of Britton, this isn't some house cleaning rebuild team we have. We've been competitive and battling for the playoffs, hell we won the AL East for the first time in 17 years only 3 years ago in 2014. Now all of it gone in one offseason. Baltimore Sun is also reporting that Duquette has said the O's won't be in the market for a pitcher commanding more than a 2 or 3 year deal. We should have let him walk to Toronto since he so badly wanted to go, and then the Nationals wanted him. We just need to let him go to whatever team he truly wants to be with after 2018 and hire a better GM.

Tired of this team being cheap, why the hell can't we have the same luck the Ravens have. Pay the right guys, let the over paid guys go and flunder while we still flourish.

Pats

Veteran
For fucks sake, we just traded my boy max schrock and another good prospect to the cards for stephen fucking piscotty. Good work A's management, im sick of this cheap ass team.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yankees are out if the Harper sweepsteaks and Nats are in preliminary talks with Scott Boras. No way they let him walk.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

So Manny trade talk has cooled down. He wants to play shortstop.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Oriole pitcher Zach Britton ruptured his right Achilles during a workout. I imagine the Orioles will release him and save $12 million

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Oriole pitcher Zach Britton ruptured his right Achilles during a workout. I imagine the Orioles will release him and save $12 million
I'm probably wrong about this, but I think the Orioles would still be paying him if they release him.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I'm not really sure, but I'll try to find out later how that would work.
I just read it is too late for the O's not to tender him a contract, so I guess Britton will still go to arbitration. If the Orioles release him before the 16th day of spring training the Orioles can avoid all but 30 days of his salary.