• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The MLB Offseason Thread

O

OriolesMagicPlease

How would you feel if he was traded to them, but in 2019 you ended up getting Harper.

Won’t happen, but curious what your answer would be.

I would still be upset, but I would take Harper. No way would we pay him though.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I certainly understand that sentiment, but to me it is more important to get good value in return for Manny, preferably young controllable starting pitching.

I understand that. I would be willing to give up Manny for the pitching we need. But I don't think a team in our division is going to give us what we need in return. It is much more likely that if a trade happens with Boston/New York, we would get the short end of the stick.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Looks like the Diamondbacks are the ones most interested in Manny, but they are still far apart. I'm thinking that Manny will be starting for the O's this season.

And we have two starting pitchers right now. Supposedly interested in Andrew Cashner. He probably sucks, lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So is Harper going for the money or does he want to stay?
Only preliminary stages. He will get the money no matter where he plays. The GM of the Nats, mike rizzo has a very good relationship with agent Scott Boras a s has signed several of his players.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Looks like the Diamondbacks are the ones most interested in Manny, but they are still far apart. I'm thinking that Manny will be starting for the O's this season.

And we have two starting pitchers right now. Supposedly interested in Andrew Cashner. He probably sucks, lol.

I think other teams are interested too. I do think they will trade Manny when they get the young pitching they need, perhaps when a contending team has an injury on the left side of their infield. Even with Manny the Orioles will struggle this season with our starting pitching being inadequate. As you said we have two starters and of them, Gausman, suffers from inconsistency. I would not be surprised if two of our rule five draftees end up starting for us.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
When was the first time the Nationals won won?
I knew that was coming up. We have only been the Nationals since 2005.

You already owe me one steak dinner, I’ll let you bet me double or nothing. If Harper goes to another team outside the nationals or dodgers it’s a draw.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I knew that was coming up. We have only been the Nationals since 2005.

You already owe me one steak dinner, I’ll let you bet me double or nothing. If Harper goes to another team outside the nationals or dodgers it’s a draw.
Lol. Even with Giancarlo he's going to the Yankees dude. They'll pull more money out of their asses tbh. They have it

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I think other teams are interested too. I do think they will trade Manny when they get the young pitching they need, perhaps when a contending team has an injury on the left side of their infield. Even with Manny the Orioles will struggle this season with our starting pitching being inadequate. As you said we have two starters and of them, Gausman, suffers from inconsistency. I would not be surprised if two of our rule five draftees end up starting for us.

NOOOOOOO!!!! But agree with what you said, we are going to struggle without the pitching. My fear is that we screw this trade up.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Only preliminary stages. He will get the money no matter where he plays. The GM of the Nats, mike rizzo has a very good relationship with agent Scott Boras a s has signed several of his players.

Scott Boras, yuck. I know he will get the money. Let me rephrase, hometown discount or no?