• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Draft Gameday Draft Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unless we trade up, I can see us moving completely out of the first to get more picks. We’ll either trade up, or our first pick will be tomorrow

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unless we trade up, I can see us moving completely out of the first to get more picks. We’ll either trade up, or our first pick will be tomorrow

Booooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Id like and edge guy or WR with our first selection. I'm ok with trading a pick but not both.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Happy Draft Day! Always remember.....

Vontae Mack... no matter what.

giphy.gif

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Every mock has converged now.
QB
QB
QB
Pitts
Sewell
Chase

Is it just me, but I think just in general, all of the mocks are going to be particularly wrong this year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
QB
QB
QB
Pitts
Sewell
Chase

Is it just me, but I think just in general, all of the mocks are going to be particularly wrong this year.

i still think the draft pivots at 3...
if mac jones goes at 3 then i think the broncos suddenly are still in it for their QB and probably trade up with atlanta
if trey lance goes at 3 then broncos stick and the question then becomes... who does take mac jones...
if justin fields goes at 3 then all hell breaks loose and i instantly combust with pure righteous fury at all those in the media who criticised him for narrative purposes

if mac jones goes at 3 then i think we see 5 QBs in the top 10

im so excited to see where fields lands - and i really hope it's not the lions...

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i still think the draft pivots at 3...
if mac jones goes at 3 then i think the broncos suddenly are still in it for their QB and probably trade up with atlanta
if trey lance goes at 3 then broncos stick and the question then becomes... who does take mac jones...
if justin fields goes at 3 then all hell breaks loose and i instantly combust with pure righteous fury at all those in the media who criticised him for narrative purposes

if mac jones goes at 3 then i think we see 5 QBs in the top 10

im so excited to see where fields lands - and i really hope it's not the lions...

Yeah Mac Jones and Fields have a crazy ability to end up shaping how this draft will go.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah Mac Jones and Fields have a crazy ability to end up shaping how this draft will go.

my question is... if mac jones doesn't go at 3... then where the hell does he go?

im not sure any of the other top 10 teams would be vaguely into him
don't think the patriots will like him
maybe he ends up at washington but i honestly dont see him out-playing fitzmagic
which would leave chicago but that front office and coaching staff are fighting for their jobs right now and my guess is they dont think mac jones will help them win now... i could be wrong - it's possible that acquiring a qb who plays with promise could save their jobs even if the season goes down the garbage chute

and if not chicago then... where?
the steelers? not if they're loading up for 1 more big ben year
my guess then would be the saints... but that's at 28 and i feel like there's no way he lasts beyond 20... but idk who or where that would be

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
my question is... if mac jones doesn't go at 3... then where the hell does he go?

maybe he ends up at washington but i honestly dont see him out-playing fitzmagic
which would leave chicago but that front office and coaching staff are fighting for their jobs right now and my guess is they dont think mac jones will help them win now... i could be wrong - it's possible that acquiring a qb who plays with promise could save their jobs even if the season goes down the garbage chute

my guess then would be the saints... but that's at 28 and i feel like there's no way he lasts beyond 20... but idk who or where that would be

If I had to guess, people tend to take QBs high even when its not prudent. I agree with you, I wouldn't take him but I dont see him on the board at 20.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
QB
QB
QB
Pitts
Sewell
Chase

I'm starting to see reports connecting Trey Lance to Atlanta if Mac Jones goes to San Fran. Also think Miami is all in on Sewell at 6 with the expectation of Chase to Cincy at 5 which could drop Pitts to Carolina at 8 or the Eagles trade up with the Lions to nab him. I think we are going to be surprised by some of these picks.

maybe this is for a QB - but when it's the saints, who can tell - they seem to trade up for guys willy-nilly - i was sure they were coming up for lamar in 2018 but nope... marcus davenport

If its not for Justin Fields or Mac Jones then could be Surtain or Horn getting ahead of Dallas.

I don't believe Jones will make it past Denver at 9. Think we will get our 5 QBs in the top 10.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think someone will - either washington or chicago (or someone trading ahead of those 2) picks him up if he makes it out of the top 15
Without knowing precisely how teams will evaluate Mac Jones, and assuming he gets past Denver at 9...

Eagles at #12 (unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely)
Vikings at #14 (same as Eagles)
Patriots at #15 (obvious)
Raiders at #17 (same as Eagles)
Washington at #19 (obvious)
Chicago at #20 (obvious)

I don't see how he would get past these six teams. Especially true when you factor in that, besides maybe Philly, all of these teams are probably "good enough" to not be picking in like the top 5 of the draft next year, so if they're waiting until next year to grab a QB, they'll likely have to trade up to do it.

I think Washington and Chicago are, in my opinion, pretty desperate for a QB upgrade, both short and long term. They rate to have some of the worst QBs in the league starting for them in 2021. Washington makes total sense, assuming they like him. Chicago would be blatantly obvious, with the only "caveat" being whether Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy feel like he can save their jobs, or if he coaches for the next regime.

I don't see paths where he falls beyond this group, but if he does, I would put my money on him going to a team trading back into late first round. Perhaps somebody like an Atlanta would make sense. Ideally, they trade with us at 31, we pickup like another mid rounder, move back 4 spots, and Atlanta lands like Pitts and Jones without giving up much to do it.