• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Draft Gameday Draft Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Trevor Lawrence throwing Touchdown passes to... Tim Tebow? The draft news is getting crazy lol.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Some notes from Albert Breer...
  • And here are two guys who are wild cards Thursday night: Alabama’s Christian Barmore and Minnesota’s Rashod Bateman. Teams have linked Barmore to Jacksonville, either at No. 25 or No. 33, and that makes sense given Urban Meyer’s emphasis on being strong on the defensive front. But given Barmore’s off-field issues, if he slides past Baltimore twice, with all the connections the Ravens have to Alabama, it’ll get the attention of other teams. As for Bateman, I won’t be surprised in the least if he drops well into the second round.
  • There are rumblings that Baltimore and Cleveland could move up in the 20s
  • Speaking of the Ravens, we mentioned they could move up from No. 27. They’ve also had talks on moving down from No. 31. And the Bills have had talks with teams about moving down from No. 30. And it would surprise no one if the Bucs tried to peddle the 32nd pick.

Why would Bateman fall deep into the second? I can't remember when but at some point someone on NFL network was talking about how some teams have him rated very highly. Obviously its all a bunch of who knows what, but I'd be surprised if he was closer to a 3rd round pick than a first.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
as long as it's not rousseau im fine with it lol - moehrig does lots of things i like - i prefer others at different positions and richie grant at S but i wouldnt hate it
im just not seeing moehrigs value in the first round, let someone else overdraft him. hes a lot like clinton dix to me, good size, good range athletically, good versatility, but hes reactive, i like my safeties proactive, moehrig is often there just in time to stop the completion from turning into a big RAC, when richie grant or his teammate washington for example consistently arrives on time for the PD, because theyre playing very proactive, they see better, anticipate better, more intuitive when they have eyes on the qb, richie grant will frequently creep up or back or one side or another to draw certain release attempts only to break early on it, i like washington much better as a nickel for winks defense where i think he could come in and change the nickel position, i think washington would be a household name as a nickel/robber/free hybrid kinda player.

i just dont see anything close to what those 2 show from moehrig. and i could be wrong on this, there was a point where i thought moehrig was a star but i soured badly on him the more i watched. i just dont buy size as even being a factor for a free safety, like i genuinely dont think it matters much at all and moehrigs ability to move like he does at his size is his biggest attraction, thats not for me at all.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like Elijah Moore, not sure how he really is off the field but I cant see us taking him with the piss incident in the egg bowl after seeing the plaque EDC has in the draft room. Was funny af though even if it cost them the game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
im just not seeing moehrigs value in the first round, let someone else overdraft him. hes a lot like clinton dix to me, good size, good range athletically, good versatility, but hes reactive, i like my safeties proactive, moehrig is often there just in time to stop the completion from turning into a big RAC, when richie grant or his teammate washington for example consistently arrives on time for the PD, because theyre playing very proactive, they see better, anticipate better, more intuitive when they have eyes on the qb, richie grant will frequently creep up or back or one side or another to draw certain release attempts only to break early on it, i like washington much better as a nickel for winks defense where i think he could come in and change the nickel position, i think washington would be a household name as a nickel/robber/free hybrid kinda player.

i just dont see anything close to what those 2 show from moehrig. and i could be wrong on this, there was a point where i thought moehrig was a star but i soured badly on him the more i watched. i just dont buy size as even being a factor for a free safety, like i genuinely dont think it matters much at all and moehrigs ability to move like he does at his size is his biggest attraction, thats not for me at all.

i think the sneaky value he offers is his ability in man coverage out of the slot - it doesnt pop a ton in the highlights in the way that he flashes as a centrefielder and it's not always easy to see without all-22 looks - but he adds great value as a slot defender which is where his size adds a ton of value - his length gives him an extra bit of range, an extra bit of length at the catch-point

this rep is genuinely stunning

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really like Elijah Moore, not sure how he really is off the field but I cant see us taking him with the piss incident in the egg bowl after seeing the plaque EDC has in the draft room. Was funny af though even if it cost them the game

i doubt that one mistake impacts his draft stock when basically everything else on his resume is A+

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i doubt that one mistake impacts his draft stock when basically everything else on his resume is A+
ok just making sure that was his only blunder even though its really bad lol. Still i find it unlikely we take him as hed prob take targets away from Hollywood. Still itd be exciting to have him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
doesnt darrisaw have legit effort concerns?

some say he does, some say he doesn't

the way i saw it on the field was more that he's so used to dominating with his athleticism and power that there were reps where he just didn't put the effort in the way you'd want

but i dont think there were any training issues or anything off-field - just some laziness at times on the field

that's my take - obviously there's some concerns and if he falls into our range then clearly some teams think they're legit and this is one where i'd trust the scouts over me 100% because i dont have the info

but the tape tells me he's a top 10/15 type player

rossihunter2

Staff Member
ok just making sure that was his only blunder even though its really bad lol. Still i find it unlikely we take him as hed prob take targets away from Hollywood. Still itd be exciting to have him

i dont think he'd play the same role as hollywood in this offence so much - id imagine we'd use moore in motion a fair amount and play him a ton in the slot and at "z"

hollywood plays a lot of "x" receiver in our offence and he's getting better and better vs press with each season that passes

i think if it was watkins/hollywood/moore as our top 3 WRs we'd see them all move about and play different spots based on different plays etc. - their roles would be very interchangeable - i wouldnt necessarily be confident with moore playing the x straight away though

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd be willing to give a 3 and another pick, even a 4 to go get Paye. Have aDecosta work a trade at 31 and get one of those back or stay at 31 and grab Humphrey. Jenkins

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i have a feeling i wont be surprised by where spencer brown and creed humphrey go lol - both of them re-set the RAS at their respective positions

schwartz i dont love a ton but he's definitely going higher than i'd take him because he's got that legit track speed that destroys angles and is pretty fluid with it too

eichenberg and holland would surprise me if they went very high though - i think both are 2nd round types - maybe holland's a bit lower on my board...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Payton Turner is the guy that everyone was saying Rousseau was in january before people started watching the tape...
so i'd be surprised but not shocked

i like him but im not big on the idea of drafting edge in rd 1 because its a weak class. Itd feel forced. Be happy with him as a trade down though

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

i have a feeling i wont be surprised by where spencer brown and creed humphrey go lol - both of them re-set the RAS at their respective positions

schwartz i dont love a ton but he's definitely going higher than i'd take him because he's got that legit track speed that destroys angles and is pretty fluid with it too

eichenberg and holland would surprise me if they went very high though - i think both are 2nd round types - maybe holland's a bit lower on my board...

I've assumed Humphrey was a last first all along, and I very much had him in play for Baltimore. I don't think he'd be a surprise.

There's a lot of players I could see the Ravens taking, but I would absolutely be happy if we can get a legit Center and keep Bozeman at LG. You sign a veteran Tackle, and I think you really have a very strong Oline at that point, which has been the emphasis of the offseason.

Simba

Staff Member
One of the interesting things about this Aaron Rodgers saga... let's say a miracle happens and he does get traded tonight. Has GB done any of the homework on the top prospects? Rodgers don't give a shit lol