• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Draft Gameday Draft Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you want the exact slots, by the way, it's going to be:
1 - Jags - Lawrence
2 - Jets - Fields
3 - 49ers - Wilson
TRADE - 4 - Panthers - Lance
9 - Broncos - Jones
So you're the only person on the planet who thinks the Jets are taking Justin Fields?

Or that the 49ers have any interest whatsoever in Wilson?

Or that the Falcons are going to trade back with a divisional rival so that they can draft a franchise QB to play against for the next 15 years?

Yeah, other than that, this looks good...

LOL, OK.

Can I be the first to tell your sources that they're full of shit?
You'd be the first to tell them anything given that they don't exist. I do hope you're not mistaking my wild speculation for hardcore analysis.

No fun in making predictions if they line up with the consensus. If it hits I look good. If it misses, who cares? Nobody knows what's going to happen.

Simba

Staff Member
Some notes from Albert Breer...
  • And here are two guys who are wild cards Thursday night: Alabama’s Christian Barmore and Minnesota’s Rashod Bateman. Teams have linked Barmore to Jacksonville, either at No. 25 or No. 33, and that makes sense given Urban Meyer’s emphasis on being strong on the defensive front. But given Barmore’s off-field issues, if he slides past Baltimore twice, with all the connections the Ravens have to Alabama, it’ll get the attention of other teams. As for Bateman, I won’t be surprised in the least if he drops well into the second round.
  • There are rumblings that Baltimore and Cleveland could move up in the 20s
  • Speaking of the Ravens, we mentioned they could move up from No. 27. They’ve also had talks on moving down from No. 31. And the Bills have had talks with teams about moving down from No. 30. And it would surprise no one if the Bucs tried to peddle the 32nd pick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So you're the only person on the planet who thinks the Jets are taking Justin Fields?

Or that the 49ers have any interest whatsoever in Wilson?

Or that the Falcons are going to trade back with a divisional rival so that they can draft a franchise QB to play against for the next 15 years?

Yeah, other than that, this looks good...
you mean it's not Fields, Lance, Wilson, Lawrence

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Some notes from Albert Breer...
  • And here are two guys who are wild cards Thursday night: Alabama’s Christian Barmore and Minnesota’s Rashod Bateman. Teams have linked Barmore to Jacksonville, either at No. 25 or No. 33, and that makes sense given Urban Meyer’s emphasis on being strong on the defensive front. But given Barmore’s off-field issues, if he slides past Baltimore twice, with all the connections the Ravens have to Alabama, it’ll get the attention of other teams. As for Bateman, I won’t be surprised in the least if he drops well into the second round.
  • There are rumblings that Baltimore and Cleveland could move up in the 20s
  • Speaking of the Ravens, we mentioned they could move up from No. 27. They’ve also had talks on moving down from No. 31. And the Bills have had talks with teams about moving down from No. 30. And it would surprise no one if the Bucs tried to peddle the 32nd pick.

trading up into the 20s, you'd have to assume that it's for an edge or a tackle... gotta be either kwity paye (like peter king suggested) or maybe teven jenkins or christian darrisaw (if either falls into range)

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm going to wish I didn't read Peter Kings prediction that we move up for Kwitty Paye if we don't draft him tonight.
Been watching him all day and I've gotten attached to the idea.
Could have a Terrell Suggs type impact.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm going to wish I didn't read Peter Kings prediction that we move up for Kwitty Paye if we don't draft him tonight.

and the ceiling's through the roof - he's that good in the running game already (clearly very coachable) - he's a mouldable ball of clay for his positional coach in the passing game - if he can develop as a pass rusher the same kind of refinement and technique he shows in the running game with that kind of athleticism then he's a legit all-pro candidate

i think he's a high floor (because of that run defence), massive ceiling prospect - and i think he's going top 20

Simba

Staff Member
And Paye is just a good human being. Going to root for him wherever he ends up.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
hes gotta be the ravens favorite "realistic" prospect tonight. if i had to take a wild guess, id think the guys in that "realistic/trade up" range for the ravens would be paye, jenkins, bateman, then i feel like beyond that it would be some order of moehrig(ugh), marshall, ojulari, tryon, dickerson.

feels like a very ravenesque board.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
And Paye is just a good human being. Going to root for him wherever he ends up.

I've been thinking a trade up for Paye would be an option. Plus he is familiar with the Harbaugh family, pretty sure Eric and John have talked to Jim on several occasions throughout the scouting process.

Though all this Aaron Rodgers stuff just came out of nowhere. PFT says 49ers have had secret discussions with the Packers about Rodgers availability. Others say they are working on an extension... it's getty hotter and hotter as the draft gets closer.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
hes gotta be the ravens favorite "realistic" prospect tonight. if i had to take a wild guess, id think the guys in that "realistic/trade up" range for the ravens would be paye, jenkins, bateman, then i feel like beyond that it would be some order of moehrig(ugh), marshall, ojulari, tryon, dickerson.

feels like a very ravenesque board.

or darrisaw if he falls maybe?