• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Draft Gameday Draft Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Simba

Staff Member
looking at my board - there's still lots of guys i like but not a ton who i'd expect to be starters or early contributors (at least not initially)

Thats kind of where I’m at. Still some players I like but what is the upside like? Think a lot of what’s left just kind of are what they are. Think we could still see some more “safe” picks but also might see some more high upside like Stephens mixed in more than usual.

Seems like DeCosta was pissed that they lost out on a bunch of good players. Again I think giving up a second in that Orlando Brown trade was not a good decision, but if Oweh turns into an all-pro it doesn't matter.

Simba

Staff Member
I haven’t been fully referencing my board as much because it was more haphazardly thrown together this year, but I have 5 round 3 grades left.

Amon-Ra St. Brown
Tylan Wallace (health issues)
Trey Hill (health issues)
Dylan Moses
Daviyon Nixon

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thats kind of where I’m at. Still some players I like but what is the upside like? Think a lot of what’s left just kind of are what they are. Think we could still see some more “safe” picks but also might see some more high upside like Stephens mixed in more than usual.

my top 80 or so has mostly been wiped out...

in terms of what's left this is what i've got:

Daviyon Nixon (not sure what's going on with him)
Trey Smith (blood clots - might go undrafted)
Deonte Brown (weight issues - i love him and im surprised in a seemingly shallow draft that no team's taken a swing on him yet)
Ar'Darius Washington
Jamar Johnson
Michael Carter
Amon-Ra St Brown
Kary Vincent Jr
Jabril Cox (very surprised he's not gone yet)

and after that you get into the high upside vs solid but unspectacular types

of that group, the one im most surprised didn't hear his name called is Stone Forsythe

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I haven’t been fully referencing my board as much because it was more haphazardly thrown together this year, but I have 5 round 3 grades left.

Amon-Ra St. Brown
Tylan Wallace (health issues)
Trey Hill (health issues)
Dylan Moses
Daviyon Nixon

Nixon's the one that really surprises me - because he has incredible traits and disruptive abilities in both the running game and passing game - seems to be a higher calibre of talent (to me at least) than many of the prospects who've already been picked

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting note here at the end that tomorrow is a scouts day. Gotta think that they aren’t too enthralled with the options in this draft. This is where the Broderick Washington type of picks come from.

the answer is yes to the answer if there was ever a draft we didn't make a trade and that would have been two years ago.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I will say, day 2 was underwhelming as hell - and the draft as a whole is full of risk...

for me the class so far hinges on whether Cleveland is able to rise to the top and put his stamp on the LG spot... we've got so many fine but below-average type players (good backups) on the IOL that it would seem pointless for us to draft Cleveland unless we felt very confident he could win that starting job...

i guess the upside with Stephens is that there's not much of a role for him to play in year 1 anyway because the corner depth on the roster is loaded, so he's looking at some special teams and some deep safety (in dime) type stuff at most in year 1 - but it's a massive swing to take with almost the expectation that we're mostly stashing him for a year

it would be a great year for us to have a great day 3

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Amon-Ra st brown and tylan wallace still haven’t got drafted? Sheesh