• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Rashod Bateman

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looks like he’s going with #12 according to his IG post. As a fan who cares waaay too much about numbers, kind of disappointing. The 12 don’t look nice lol.

Was hoping for 1 or 10 if duvernay was going to be stubborn.

Side note: I know we don’t retire numbers, but I wonder if he wasn’t allowed to pick 3 because of stover. If that’s the case.. ain’t no way Hollywood gets 5.

FC655A20-AB0D-4170-97FF-CCEBCD7A54BF.jpeg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Looks like he’s going with #12 according to his IG post. As a fan who cares waaay too much about numbers, kind of disappointing. The 12 don’t look nice lol.

Side note: I know we don’t retire numbers, but I wonder if he wasn’t allowed to pick 3 because of stover. If that’s the case.. ain’t no way Hollywood gets 5.

View attachment 2674

my guess is he's not precious about 13 because he changed to 0 last year... probably would have wanted 13 but ultimately didn't care

12 works fine by me (my guess is he didn't ask about 3 - which would look really odd on a WR - to me at least) - jacoby jones, campanaro, waller (at one point)

take a number and make it your own

Simba

Staff Member

View attachment 2674

Nah 3 is more than open. We had RG3 in it for a few years lol

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

View attachment 2674
I like the way 12 looks. I generally prefer even numbers.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not to mention that Jacoby played as #12 here, but someone said definitely not #5... I would love to hear why. No one who was any good ever wore that number

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

View attachment 2674
Yeah I don’t love 12. I was hoping for 16 for no odd reason, or a single digit number. Not digging 12.

Also, that photoshop ain’t it... that’s Duvernay, shirt untucked, 13 still on the shoulder, head big af

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m seriously interested in why #5 isn’t up for grabs. Any HOF players ever wear that one??

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Davesta said: “ain’t no way Hollywood gets number 5”... why not if he wanted it?
Davesta thought that 3 wasn't being given out because of Stover, but forgot about RG3 wearing 3

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m seriously interested in why #5 isn’t up for grabs. Any HOF players ever wear that one??
Hollywood may not have wanted it badly enough perhaps. I can't think of any other reason. Flacco isn't Ray Lewis, JO, Ed Reed, Sizzle or Yanda. His # is as available as Dilfer's was. No disrespect to him but he's no HoF player. RoH maybe...

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Davesta thought that 3 wasn't being given out because of Stover, but forgot about RG3 wearing 3

Hey man.. you can’t blame me for forgetting about RG3. Haha

But I do think it’s too soon to be giving 5 out. That’s probably the old head in me. That’s like giving out the number 55 or 73 to someone new. I’m just not ready for it. Lol

But seriously, I wonder if we will be giving single digits out. Seems like Bateman chose 12 and Tylan chose 16. Surprised neither of them want a single digit.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hey man.. you can’t blame me for forgetting about RG3. Haha

But I do think it’s too soon to be giving 5 out. That’s probably the old head in me. That’s like giving out the number 55 or 73 to someone new. I’m just not ready for it. Lol

But seriously, I wonder if we will be giving single digits out. Seems like Bateman chose 12 and Tylan chose 16. Surprised neither of them want a single digit.

Both of their single digit college numbers were unavailable - NFL doesn’t allow 0 and ty Huntley has 2

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Bateman comes off as supremely confident in his presser, I got a feeling about this guy, he’s got superstar written all over him

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Bateman comes off as supremely confident in his presser, I got a feeling about this guy, he’s got superstar written all over him

Same with Oweh. Really think he's going to be a menace. Whole season of black air force energy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Same with Oweh. Really think he's going to be a menace. Whole season of black air force energy.
Lmao did you see what I said in the Tylan Wallace thread? That mf got black Air Force energy too.

Bateman made a lot of catches on poor decisions, throws that shouldn’t have been made, but he completed them anyway.

I stopped watching Bateman tape because I figured we didn’t have a chance, I had forgot just how good he was man. In a class with a lot of really good route runners, he’s either the best or second best, it’s between him and devonta.