• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Odafe Jayson Oweh

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I want punk ass Jordan Richards to give him his college number.

I have some irrational desire to see college numbers immediately

J-Rich is Harbaugh’s bunk buddy... he is a special teams ace... no way that’s gonna happen

The Last Great Raven

Practice Squad
Banned

i hope we've just seen our first glimpse of a potential nfl sack dance

Granted Penn State and Michigan were two woeful teams, but that Odafe highlight reel from the game was pitiful. Seriously? Two offsides, almost three..........in on no plays, but for a fourth attempt fumble recovery. You gotta be kidding. Embarrassing. What did the Raven Brass think this guy was gonna do?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
wtf are you talking about?

I mean, I’d say it’s pretty legit what’s being said, unless you or someone else can point out how the guy is wrong. There are games where he disappears but enough games, in my opinion, that makes me believe in his potential to be elite

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
this is more about the poster than the point itself...
but also - what post is he referring to...

Ohhh, didn’t even pay attention to who was posting to be completely honest. I think the poster is just trying to talk about how we need to quench our expectations and that the poster doesn’t think much of Oweh

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Some things to consider about Oweh....

• He didn’t rush the passer over 100 fewer times less then Kwitty Paye who was only able to produce 2 more career sacks.
  • The Big 10 coaches didn’t vote him 1st team.
  • Ohio State made sure he wasn’t single blocked on any play.
  • His pass rush win rate is 18%, Phillips is consider the best edge in the draft rate was 20%.
  • He's constantly tossing DL around. Jacking dudes back into the backfield.
  • Keep in mind, he’s doing all this with only 4 years of football experience and barely any moves other then speed and power.
  • Oweh has as good a chance as any edge prospect of becoming an elite player and talent like his wouldn’t be available if he was more polished.
  • Even if he doesn’t develop he can set the edge and get schemed rushes like Judon for far less money.

Last edited:

The Last Great Raven

Practice Squad
Banned
I mean, I’d say it’s pretty legit what’s being said, unless you or someone else can point out how the guy is wrong. There are games where he disappears but enough games, in my opinion, that makes me believe in his potential to be elite

Watched only one film of this guy. It was the Michigan Game and you are correct off of that the opinion is low
Later, now have seen the bulk of the Ohio State game. He's got one move and its NOT to the outside. OMFG!

Ohhh, didn’t even pay attention to who was posting to be completely honest. I think the poster is just trying to talk about how we need to quench our expectations and that the poster doesn’t think much of Oweh

Don't see it, but didn't think Humpf could cover either Still don't.

Probably doesn’t like the AV Steelers trash talk from us

No interest or opinion upon the Steelers whatsoever, other than a belief that Big Has Ben has game left if he's healthy.

Some things to consider about Oweh....

• He didn’t rush the passer over 100 fewer times less then Kwitty Paye who was only able to produce 2 more career sacks.
  • The Big 10 coaches didn’t vote him 1st team.
  • Ohio State made sure he wasn’t single blocked on any play.
Odafe fell into double teams a few times, but he was singled the majority of the time in this game. His best move was flailing his arms and bullrushing the Offensive Tackle. It didn't do much, but it was his best move. Didn't watch behind about the first half because my mind is made up. Don't need more film. He played even worse in the Michigan game.

• His pass rush win rate is 18%, Phillips is consider the best edge in the draft rate was 20%.
  • He's constantly tossing DL around. Jacking dudes back into the backfield.
  • Keep in mind, he’s doing all this with only 4 years of football experience and barely any moves other then speed and power.
  • Oweh has as good a chance as any edge prospect of becoming an elite player and talent like his wouldn’t be available if he was more polished.
  • Even if he doesn’t develop he can set the edge and get schemed rushes like Judon for far less money.

Filled a need. Unfortunately, NOT with the right guy.

JED3

Practice Squad
Hearing that the Ravens were interested in Oweh and Rousseau at 31. Fortunately for us, the Bills made that decision much easier.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Love what Eric said about oweh in the lounge, he said that he had “position specific critical measurables” or some shit like that, and said that with his toughness and motor and athleticism, everyone says he has huge bust potential, but Eric sees a dominant run defender with elite key measurables for an edge, making his floor actually very high.

like I’ve said before, he is comparable to clowney. He is such a dominant athlete that he should be able to wreck a few game plans and at least be an incredible gap closer and pursuit tackler just simply relying on his physical gifts, and if the development comes, look out because the ravens got an elite freak edge defender at 31st

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Love what Eric said about oweh in the lounge, he said that he had “position specific critical measurables” or some shit like that, and said that with his toughness and motor and athleticism, everyone says he has huge bust potential, but Eric sees a dominant run defender with elite key measurables for an edge, making his floor actually very high.

like I’ve said before, he is comparable to clowney. He is such a dominant athlete that he should be able to wreck a few game plans and at least be an incredible gap closer and pursuit tackler just simply relying on his physical gifts, and if the development comes, look out because the ravens got an elite freak edge defender at 31st
Right @JoeyFlex5. I thought the only good comparison for him given his freak athleticism is Clowney but without the college production. I actually think Oweh can shine much brighter in Baltimore than Clowney did in Houston. I'm very hopeful after the EDC podcast. In fact, I am excited to see how we nourish and develop this young mutant.
It would be nice if we can get a nice side by side comparison of their measurables no?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here's a comparison I dug up between Oweh and Clowney in terms of measurables. Just a shoddy cut and paste job. Not really side by side. Oweh first and Clowney next.
Odafe Oweh:
Measurable Measurement %tile
Height 6' 4⅞"* 70
Weight 257 lbs* 24
Wingspan 82"* 73
Arm Length 34½"* 82
Hand Size 9¼"* 8
10 Yard Split 1.59s* 87
20 Yard Split 2.59s* 95
40 Yard Dash 4.37s* 99
Vertical Jump 39½"* 96
Broad Jump 134"* 99