• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He seems wise beyond his years in his interviews, he’s really sharp and seems to have great perspective on things and comes off like he’s focused

Throughout the process he’s been introspective and completely comfortable in his own skin and some old-school types seem to have let that get under their skin and have become convinced that it means he doesn’t love football enough when really all it means is he’s not sweating the big stuff

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think I’ve finally made my decision… I have stingley over sauce. He’s superior in every tangible category. Sauce has a swagger you love and a cleaner bill of health, and those are really the reasons there is even a debate between the two
Yeah I don't at all deny that if they both pan out Stingley will have the higher upside. Both are great prospects. I feel like it is somewhat similar to the Hutch Walker situation. In both cases I want the Sauce/Hutch version over the Stingley/Walker version. But that's just me and I def understand the competing opinion.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just couldn't tell you dude. I think my order is exactly how I have it written out. I feel like corner is position we need this year right now to win a superbowl.
Eh, I think health at corner could do just as much for this one year as drafting one high, if you’re in win now mode and tight against the cap, maybe trust your highest paid defenders to stay healthy, risky proposition but hey that’s the nfl. We have Calais Campbell and Justin madubuike and Michael pierce and that’s it, we barely have starters, we don’t have depth, a difference maker there is imperative.

Different strokes though, I feel you. If we’re talking sting or sauce then I’m with you, I just don’t see mcduffie as that guy

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Eh, I think health at corner could do just as much for this one year as drafting one high, if you’re in win now mode and tight against the cap, maybe trust your highest paid defenders to stay healthy, risky proposition but hey that’s the nfl. We have Calais Campbell and Justin madubuike and Michael pierce and that’s it, we barely have starters, we don’t have depth, a difference maker there is imperative.

Different strokes though, I feel you. If we’re talking sting or sauce then I’m with you, I just don’t see mcduffie as that guy
Yeah I definitely understand where you're coming from. With the way we sub our DL Davis would basically be a starter. CB3 is also a starter though. If Davis is the guy I am extremely excited by the pick. If it's McDuffie I'm also hyped because I do believe he can be that guy. If we're staying pat and KT and KH don't fall, I'm really hoping for McDuffie or Davis. Would be ok with Booth or LLoyd. Don't want Penning.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Can’t wait for “Ravens attempted to trade up for Kayvon, only for the deal to fall through because Baltimore wouldn’t include their 2023 5th round pick” Friday morning

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can’t wait for “Ravens attempted to trade up for Kayvon, only for the deal to fall through because Baltimore wouldn’t include their 2023 5th round pick” Friday morning
Could be worse. Could be that the deal falls through because the phone line is busy (ala their attempt to trade up for Byron Leftwich back in the day).

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
What's up everyone ? Been a while since I've come here, glad I didn't lost my password at least ! Apologies for the absence, since I've graduated I've been kept quite busy and didn't really feel like going online. Don't worry I haven't missed one minute of football and I've been grinding draft season as much as annyone (by the way, I've been writing Scouting Reports for the french community, if you're curious it's here and it's probably translatable : https://cafecremesport.com/category/scouting/draft-nfl/).

As the best day of the year is coming I thought I'd at least say hi and share some of my thoughts on this class.

1) We're trading for KT.
2) I actually prefer Karlaftis over Jermaine Johnson. Johnson is meh tbh.
3) Andrew Booth should be talked about as a top 15 pick if this was a serious business.
4) I love Devin Lloyd but he's 24 and a LB so let's not.
5) I loved Devonta Wyatt but apparently he beat girls so fuck off.
6) Even if Jordan Davis never becomes a pass rusher he's a top 10 talent still.
7) My WR rankings : Wilson, London, Jameson, Olave, Dotson
8) Some Day 2/3 personnal favourites : Rashaad White (RB1 imo), Tariq Woolen, Jalen Pitre, Marcus Jones, Greg Dulcich, John Metchie, Phidarian Mathis, Myjai Sanders.
9) Demarvin Leal is horrendous.

Simba

Staff Member
1651058964089.png

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What's up everyone ? Been a while since I've come here, glad I didn't lost my password at least ! Apologies for the absence, since I've graduated I've been kept quite busy and didn't really feel like going online. Don't worry I haven't missed one minute of football and I've been grinding draft season as much as annyone (by the way, I've been writing Scouting Reports for the french community, if you're curious it's here and it's probably translatable : https://cafecremesport.com/category/scouting/draft-nfl/).

As the best day of the year is coming I thought I'd at least say hi and share some of my thoughts on this class.

1) We're trading for KT.
2) I actually prefer Karlaftis over Jermaine Johnson. Johnson is meh tbh.
3) Andrew Booth should be talked about as a top 15 pick if this was a serious business.
4) I love Devin Lloyd but he's 24 and a LB so let's not.
5) I loved Devonta Wyatt but apparently he beat girls so fuck off.
6) Even if Jordan Davis never becomes a pass rusher he's a top 10 talent still.
7) My WR rankings : Wilson, London, Jameson, Olave, Dotson
8) Some Day 2/3 personnal favourites : Rashaad White (RB1 imo), Tariq Woolen, Jalen Pitre, Marcus Jones, Greg Dulcich, John Metchie, Phidarian Mathis, Myjai Sanders.
9) Demarvin Leal is horrendous.
welcome back and stick around. We just finished the forum mock after 3 years of not having the game.