• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I have this uneasy feeling that Karlaftis is that 'fallback safe pick' that EDC was referring to. If it is Jordan Davis I'll be ecstatic. However, I would love for us to get one of the top 3 edge guys or the top 2 corners even if it means trading up a few spots by giving up an early 4th. However, like I said this particular draft makes me queasy because there are so many things that may not go our way. Just hoping we get a stud at 14.
What do you not like about Karlaftis?

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Feels like Walker going 1st overall now.

JD seems like the consensus for our pick amongst the draft people eh..

I'm just hoping one of the top 5 defensive players falls to us. However, I'm reconciled for the pick to be either Davis or Penning at this point unless somebody wanting either of these two badly jumps ahead of us and picks them. I just want 3-4 WRs and QBs in total to go before we pick. Doubt that's going to happen.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 3729
This feels mad unrealistic

yep it is lol
- Cross is going top 7
- Gordon might make it to 45 but i think he might sneak into the back end of round 1
- that's probably roughly the right value for Thomas (for me) but he may well go earlier like Gordon
- Pierce is going 2nd round i think
- i actually am not that big a fan of clemons lol but day 3 is day 3
- Jelani Woods is going day 2
- i love kyren williams
- enagbare's probably going day 2
- alex wright's probably going day 2

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
What do you not like about Karlaftis?
I fear he lacks bulk and tends to get washed up by tackles. He is also a little too aggressive and gets run around the tackles and gives QBs enough time to throw. I just don't like him at 14. In the late 20s' sure, he is a guy we could take a chance on, but not at 14. That's all.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I predicted exactly that a few days ago. I really believe it
I actually believe McShay is playing stooge for the Seahawks and creating a false alarm wrt Davis. They would like to trade out of that spot to one in the teens and gain some additional capital. That is a ruse for a team like the Ravens who are favored to take him to get up to their spot and take him instead. I just don't buy their interest this close to the draft. The Ravens aren't idiots. If he goes, somebody else we covet falls to us anyway. In the worst case, I'll be happy with McDuffy.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Sauce has so much swagger. The most I've seen in a CB since Primetime. It won't happen but damn I'd love to bring that attitude to the Ravens'defense.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jesus.

I wish we lost 4 more games last season.

Finally beating the Chiefs.
Lamar proving to the world on MNF that he came come back from double-digits with his arm vs the Colts.
Justin Tucker proving he is the GOAT kicker with the record-setting game winner.
Ravens spanking the new media darling, Herbert and the Chargers.

Just gimme those 4 wins and the rest L's.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Sauce has so much swagger. The most I've seen in a CB since Primetime. It won't happen but damn I'd love to bring that attitude to the Ravens'defense.
Legit the only reason why id pick him over stingley..i just feel like he one of those guys that would put the work in to the point where he gonna make hard for himself to fail but then again stingley could be the best cb ever lol

Random draft thought: if Stingley or KT isn’t there at 14 or available for a small trade up to say 11. I want a trade back to pick up Dax Hill. Make the secondary nasty and combat the offenses being built around the AFC.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Random draft thought: if Stingley or KT isn’t there at 14 or available for a small trade up to say 11. I want a trade back to pick up Dax Hill. Make the secondary nasty and combat the offenses being built around the AFC.
Keep in mind, we still have to win games in our division, all of which like running the ball, and can really take advantage of a weak front seven. Even the Chiefs and Chargers have ways to exploit that. Any defense that over specializes in one area will eventually have it bite them in the ass.

Keep in mind, we still have to win games in our division, all of which like running the ball, and can really take advantage of a weak front seven. Even the Chiefs and Chargers have ways to exploit that. Any defense that over specializes in one area will eventually have it bite them in the ass.

It always starts with the division as well as stopping the run and I don’t think Dax would make us a liability defending the run.
With that being said the Bengals are the defending AFC North champions and enemy number one in my eyes.