• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
dude's gonna go in the 1st round and might go fairly high

sometimes a little reactively grabby (albeit think he was actually calmer and less panicked in this part of his game in 2020 vs 2021), was stacked vertically a few times when turning late to run down the field, sucks at tackling and helping out in the running game despite being a big dude

and that last issue probably gave everyone ptsd from matt lol...
I like him. Covers his man really well. Let safeties worry about run support.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I like him. Covers his man really well. Let safeties worry about run support.
Fr though. A corner who sucks in coverage but is good in run support could maybe become a decent niche safety, a corner who is good in coverage but sucks in run support is a starter.

And if my cover corners are out there tackling big ass backs then my front seven is a whole bitch for leaving their man’s out there like that

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Fr though. A corner who sucks in coverage but is good in run support could maybe become a decent niche safety, a corner who is good in coverage but sucks in run support is a starter.

And if my cover corners are out there tackling big ass backs then my front seven is a whole bitch for leaving their man’s out there like that
Exactly.

He hasn't done much wrong vs Bama.

Last edited:

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
If we don't end up moving up in the first, I would love to move up on day 2. Espically if a top player is sitting there at the start of the second (Kyler Gordon ^_^ i

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we don't end up moving up in the first, I would love to move up on day 2. Espically if a top player is sitting there at the start of the second (Kyler Gordon ^_^ i
Gordon would be one of a number of pound the table players for me at 45, but I wouldn’t trade up for him. Too many good players on day 2 for that. Now if we could grab Arnold ebiketie by sending our late 3rd then hellllllll yeah

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ugh

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bro I don’t want either lol

You Gon love our favorite scout’s updated mock then. Peep who goes 14 and who goes 15 lol.

Edit: Elam over McDuffie as well. Sheesh

JAAM

Hall of Famer
You Gon love our favorite scout’s updated mock then. Peep who goes 14 and who goes 15 lol.

Hahahahaa bro I’d be fucking livid. Like words wouldn’t express how upset I’d be

rossihunter2

Staff Member

there's been buzz about elam today

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Feels like Walker going 1st overall now.

JD seems like the consensus for our pick amongst the draft people eh..

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Elam is a stud in man coverage and a really well built corner who is rangy and a fluid athlete. If he went anywhere in the teens I wouldn’t be shocked, he just isn’t my cup of tea at 14
He'd be a good trade down target. There's a couple other corners I like more, but he seems to be safe and has a high ceiling.

Right now if I had to put money on our pick if we stay at 14 it's Davis. Really just feels like a Ravens' pick.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
4D920835-C3C7-4AAA-A53F-7EFBDBF47E7F.png

This feels mad unrealistic

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think Davis is the most obvious stick and pick guy
he may well even be the "fallback" guy that EDC was talking to marlon about on the interview they released today

i think at 14 it's likely the best possible fit in terms of scheme, value, philosophy, need etc.

i just think we're not gonna pick at 14... which would obviously throw this all off

it is worth pointing out, however, that the 3 most high profile top 30 visits that i know of were Andrew Booth, Trevor Penning and Jordan Davis and EDC did say back in February that he already knew the 3 guys we'd likely be choosing one of if we picked between 14 and 20...

im just connecting some dots here in a stream of consciousness

that said... the top 30 visits are ultimately not that important, there was that potential top secret derek stingley visit that Chase leaked (that may well have been an unannounced top 30 visit) so there's likely others that havent been reported either - and on top of that, we dont always pick top 30 visit guys anyway and its even less important now that you can do virtual interviews on zoom (and i think you're allowed to do as many as you want)

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have this uneasy feeling that Karlaftis is that 'fallback safe pick' that EDC was referring to. If it is Jordan Davis I'll be ecstatic. However, I would love for us to get one of the top 3 edge guys or the top 2 corners even if it means trading up a few spots by giving up an early 4th. However, like I said this particular draft makes me queasy because there are so many things that may not go our way. Just hoping we get a stud at 14.

JAAM

Hall of Famer