• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Anyone thinks its a possibility that we could move back up and draft a guy like daxton hill of we like him enough?

Anyone thinks its a possibility that we could move back up and draft a guy like daxton hill of we like him enough?

I’ll chime in. I like Hill and wouldn’t be against moving up a bit. However, I have this feeling if he makes it out of the 1st, he goes 33-35 range.

Assuming you like Hill as a prospect? Does he have the traits you desire as a deep safety? Or do you like him as a nickel?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’ll chime in. I like Hill and wouldn’t be against moving up a bit. However, I have this feeling if he makes it out of the 1st, he goes 33-35 range.

Assuming you like Hill as a prospect? Does he have the traits you desire as a deep safety? Or do you like him as a nickel?
Deebo doesn’t like safeties

rossihunter2

Staff Member

if we're gonna trade up from any of our early picks then we've got the capital to do it - just doesnt feel like a ravens type move
i already get the sense that this class has some quite long tiers too in terms of grade similarities - not sure how big but certainly bigger than last year's

not sure the player you get at 35 is going to be vastly different from the player you get at 46

will be interesting to see where the 1st round grade cut-off is this year - last year i had it at 25, in 2020 I had 29, think i only had 20 in 2019 but had 31 or 32 in 2018 (but not completely sure), 28 in 2017 and i didnt have proper boards before then

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

He looks like a guy that we would use just like how he is being used in college and likely see the same results.. havent seen too many vids with him at deep S but in the nickel pos, he looks smart af and plays well in space.

He looks like a guy that we would use just like how he is being used in college and likely see the same results.. havent seen too many vids with him at deep S but in the nickel pos, he looks smart af and plays well in space.

agreed. He’s definitely a guy that could be used as a defensive weapon in Winks defense. Would love to have him here but just don’t see him making it to 45 or whatever we pick

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
there's some guys that really genuinely are ready straight out of high school
i know that a load of folks said AP could have and should have if he was allowed to but had to play college for the appropriate number of years first to become eligible
That was said about Sean Taylor as well, who played both RB and DB in high school.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would love to see Hill fall to our 2nd round pick. He would accomplish a couple things. Improving our safety play and drafting a player out of Michigan. That being said, I think Hill starts to move up draft boards and after the combine he will probably be talked up as a late 1st round pick. Agree with you that we could use him the same way he has been used in college. Smart player.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i just did PFF and they're rankings are still skewiffy lol

traded down to 23 and ended up with Booth, Jordan Davis and Demarvin Leal with my first 3 picks...
it's fun but completely worthless as an exercise when it goes that way on these mock generators lol
PFF's college rankings are definitely way off. The only thing I use it for is to come up with different names to watch tape on. They put me onto Chris Jones a few years back in the Forum Mock and was able to draft him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
1C471C68-4BA7-4CEB-955F-C8B3CEE85A3A.png

couldn’t ask for a much better outcome. This would be a really fun draft class