• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What’s our guess for QBs selected by the time we draft? I’m going with three. Depending on trades/ FA I could see the Texans, Panthers, Broncos, Falcons, Giants and WFT all in play to select a QB. Really going to leave some nice options left at 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What’s our guess for QBs selected by the time we draft? I’m going with three. Depending on trades/ FA I could see the Texans, Panthers, Broncos, Falcons, Giants and WFT all in play to select a QB. Really going to leave some nice options left at 14.

if it's 3 then that would be great - just not sure there's 3 that teams will take that high - would have to be pickett, howell and... i guess ridder or corral - not studied them enough yet but first impression is those guys dont fit the bill of top 15 type QB prospects

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
if it's 3 then that would be great - just not sure there's 3 that teams will take that high - would have to be pickett, howell and... i guess ridder or corral - not studied them enough yet but first impression is those guys dont fit the bill of top 15 type QB prospects

Not sold on Malik Willis?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
not in the 1st round - not so far - tbh im not entirely convinced from what ive seen about any of the QBs this year in the 1st round outside of maybe pickett
again though it's early in the process and i havent even started studying the QBs yet though (for fairly obvious reasons lol)

I would be hesitant to select any of the QBs in the top ten. I feel terrible for the QB needy teams, but I’m hoping they get desperate and 3-4 come off. Just opens of the door for some more solid selections for us!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I would be hesitant to select any of the QBs in the top ten. I feel terrible for the QB needy teams, but I’m hoping they get desperate and 3-4 come off. Just opens of the door for some more solid selections for us!

im very hopeful that guys go off the board - and i think it's likely that at least 1 will go earlyish - just not sold that more than 1 will go before 14 even with the qb-needy teams

at least based on the stuff ive seen so far

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not in the 1st round - not so far - tbh im not entirely convinced from what ive seen about any of the QBs this year in the 1st round outside of maybe pickett
again though it's early in the process and i havent even started studying the QBs yet though (for fairly obvious reasons lol)
I think I've seen Willis in the first in two different mock drafts, not that that means anything, but one of those mocks he was the first QB off the board (Mel Kiper's). I agree with you though and I'm not a fan of any of the QBs in this draft.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think I've seen Willis in the first in two different mock drafts, not that that means anything, but one of those mocks he was the first QB off the board (Mel Kiper's). I agree with you though and I'm not a fan of any of the QBs in this draft.
Yet some gms are still pressured into drafting a qb.. still dont know what they saw in darnold.. just fire me cause if i think the qb suck, im not drafting him regardless

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’d say corral, I’ve heard many many bad things about ridder, basically that he’s got no real chance to make it in the nfl.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
83A5BB74-63D9-4F56-BCF1-EB3BF712CAC1.png

THIS is the one

rossihunter2

Staff Member

he gets a first-hand look at a few guys ive got some interest in: Alec Lindstrom, Brock Hoffman, Tyree Johnson, Montaric Brown

and also probably gets to see the West guys or at least coach against them in the game: Jaxson Kirkland, Blaise Andries, Kellen Diesch, Nephi Sewell, David Anenih

not as many small school prospects as i was expecting to see tbh

Lindstrom, Hoffman, Johnson are probably the 3 prospects i was most interested in - probably the only 3 who were on my radar before i started deep diving to add prospects to my list of guys to study

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Screenshot_20220120-210611.png

Wasn't planning on going all in on the O-line, but this would solve many of our issues: elite center, and a group of mauler, identity pick OTs. And while not stars these two edges and two corners have interesting skills and high potential. Also, Muma could legit transform how the defense is run if he can step in as the starting Mike.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
View attachment 3054

Wasn't planning on going all in on the O-line, but this would solve many of our issues: elite center, and a group of mauler, identity pick OTs. And while not stars these two edges and two corners have interesting skills and high potential. Also, Muma could legit transform how the defense is run if he can step in as the starting Mike.

not studied coby bryant yet but my initial impressions were that he's going to go much higher than that - there's a reason sauce gardner wasn't travelling with number 1 receivers often at cincinnati and it's because bryant was there and they trusted him also

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
not studied coby bryant yet but my initial impressions were that he's going to go much higher than that - there's a reason sauce gardner wasn't travelling with number 1 receivers often at cincinnati and it's because bryant was there and they trusted him also
Yeah, in an actual draft he should be a day 2 pick.