• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 General Draft Thoughts

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes
yes
idk

mccreary's a classic film vs measureables guy who might be available in the 2nd round because his arms are sub-29" and because he only ran 4.50 - 2 very important metrics for corners tbf and maybe he's a nickel in the pros but my god is the film fun (and notably against the best competition it's possible to face in college for 4 years) - he competed and locked down against everyone

booth's a lot of fun on tape - has a weird thing where he seems to lose balance and be caught a bit flat-footed at times but he has all the athleticism, length, physicality and fluidity that you'd want out of a press corner - love how aggressive he is too

i havent got to drake london yet - but i will preface that im not usually a fan of big receivers like that though
Watch vs. Washington state

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
yes
yes
idk

mccreary's a classic film vs measureables guy who might be available in the 2nd round because his arms are sub-29" and because he only ran 4.50 - 2 very important metrics for corners tbf and maybe he's a nickel in the pros but my god is the film fun (and notably against the best competition it's possible to face in college for 4 years) - he competed and locked down against everyone

booth's a lot of fun on tape - has a weird thing where he seems to lose balance and be caught a bit flat-footed at times but he has all the athleticism, length, physicality and fluidity that you'd want out of a press corner - love how aggressive he is too

i havent got to drake london yet - but i will preface that im not usually a fan of big receivers like that though
London is an absolute monster. He’s not some jaelen strong/nkeal Harry type, he’s more like mike evans. He’s an expert at separating just before the catch point, he’s a monster in the YAC game, he could run a full route tree.

I think Alec pierce is a guy you’d really like, he’s a lanky built jumpball guy but his release is deadly and he has real breakaway speed, severely underrated receiver imo

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
3 players who are new to me but that I am really liking
Andrew booth
Roger mccreary
the receiver from USC
Love all those guys. Booth actually reminds me a lot of marlo, such a well rounded football player in general and plays like his ass is on fire, and a really high end athlete. Mccreary is a dog as well, I was surprised to hear what all he measured at, plays much bigger on film, incredibly skilled and smart, tough as nails, has raven written all over him. And London should be a top 10 prospect imo, he is spectacular, maybe I’m a little too high on him but man if we didn’t take Bateman I’d have him at the top of my board

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
POV: the 31 other GMs took acid on draft night
444B8489-D8A6-49DD-A887-A7D71C8599BC.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
London is an absolute monster. He’s not some jaelen strong/nkeal Harry type, he’s more like mike evans. He’s an expert at separating just before the catch point, he’s a monster in the YAC game, he could run a full route tree.

I think Alec pierce is a guy you’d really like, he’s a lanky built jumpball guy but his release is deadly and he has real breakaway speed, severely underrated receiver imo

thought pierce looked good at the senior bowl and running sub-4.4 definitely got my attention
im not saying i dont like london - just that i havent watched him yet but that i know my own biases and i often dislike those types of guys

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Love all those guys. Booth actually reminds me a lot of marlo, such a well rounded football player in general and plays like his ass is on fire, and a really high end athlete. Mccreary is a dog as well, I was surprised to hear what all he measured at, plays much bigger on film, incredibly skilled and smart, tough as nails, has raven written all over him. And London should be a top 10 prospect imo, he is spectacular, maybe I’m a little too high on him but man if we didn’t take Bateman I’d have him at the top of my board

for me that guy would be olave - he shares so many qualities that i loved about bateman lol - he would have been my version of bateman/hollywood/ridley for this year

if we dont get stingley in 1, id love it if we could land mccreary in 2

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly! Booth put me in the mind of Marlon as well. Love, love love Mccreary. London can't be covered 1 on 1. should have taken Creed last year at the risk of sounding like a broken record

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
3 players who are new to me but that I am really liking
Andrew booth
Roger mccreary
the receiver from USC

These mocks draft, I've been jumping back and forth with Booth and Jordan Davis as the pick at 14. Feel like its going to be one of these guys.

Jordan Davis + Kyle Gordon

Andrew Booth + Travis Jones

Those are always my combo lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

i think a lot of people in the ravens sphere slowly coming to this conclusion

it's gonna be a CB and if it's not a CB then it's probably an EDGE

If Gardner and stingley go before us, then I’d be shocked to find out that BPA was a corner. I like booth a lot, but 14 is a little rich for him

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
With Moses now in the building, im definitely even more willing to look at the more developmental rawer prospects as potential options here

if tyler smith or daniel faalele or rasheed walker can be got on day 2 somewhere id be ecstatic
Walker or smith would be sweet. Walker seems like a guy who could play either side and even if he has to sit behind a healthy Ronnie for a year, Ronnie's health is something that we can't count on long-term and perhaps Rashid is the answer at left tackle after this year

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
A lot of the same stuff about Tyler smith But if Ronnie is healthy I would say Tyler is our Starting guard/ swing tackle With an eye to Him moving outside

Simba

Staff Member
With Moses now in the building, im definitely even more willing to look at the more developmental rawer prospects as potential options here

if tyler smith or daniel faalele or rasheed walker can be got on day 2 somewhere id be ecstatic

Smith would be a dream in this scenario. I’m sure OL coaches are chomping at the bit to work with him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Walker or smith would be sweet. Walker seems like a guy who could play either side and even if he has to sit behind a healthy Ronnie for a year, Ronnie's health is something that we can't count on long-term and perhaps Rashid is the answer at left tackle after this year
A lot of the same stuff about Tyler smith But if Ronnie is healthy I would say Tyler is our Starting guard/ swing tackle With an eye to Him moving outside

i think that's exactly right - Rasheed Walker's probably an immediate candidate to be a swing tackle who you dont mind playing at tackle as a rookie but who you're also fine having as OT 3 or 4 and taking a year to develop and maybe take over the start at RT (if stanley's healthy) in year 2 or even the start at LT (if stanley's not healthy)

tyler has a better chance of getting on the field in year 1 in a healthy situation just by virtue of some potential guard versatility for sure but similarly think he could play either RT or LT in the future

rossihunter2

Staff Member
not that it necessarily means much because idk who decides who runs the workouts at pro days and the combine etc. but interesting that Tee Martin's running the WR workout at Georgia's proday

a continuation of ravens coaches doing lots of work in the scouting part of the season:
d'anton lynn head coaching at the shrine bowl with drew wilkins as the DC (albeit he doesn't work here anymore) and zach orr as the LB coach (albeit he wasnt a ravens coach officially yet)
james urban and keith williams running qb and wr drills at the combine

maybe it's just recency bias but i dont remember many ravens coaches running drills for the wider nfl community in the past - outside of drew wilkins running odafe oweh's workout last year

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not Gon pretend I have an eye for scouting talent, but this shit looks smooth af.