• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 14 Discussion (Other Teams)

I would certainly not be afraid of NE in the playoffs, hell I would like our chances of beating the Pats in January.
We could get a crack at them in the first round. If they lose here, they can find themselves losing the 2nd seed to the Jags if they fall to the Steelers next week.

Really - I wasn't considering the Dolphins as a threat to the playoffs ... but part of the reason was expecting them to lose here. If they run the table, they could screw us ... I know that's highly unlikely ... but as with everything else, you'd like to see the nail go in the coffin sooner rather than later.

This has NOT been a good weekend.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Cutler had the room to run and get the first but yet he tried to throw it to his receiver. Pats right back in it, doing exactly what we allowed the Steelers to do last night.

Love how ESPN showed the playoff picture of having us in but the playoff machine still has Buffalo listed as the 6th seed.
I mean, what the hell? I did the playoff machine before this weekend and ran a billion scenarios with us tying at 9-7 every team imaginable and we always came out on top. Now the Bills are always coming out on top. I thought we had margin for error at 9-7 with them, but now that's mysteriously gone.

Pats

Veteran
I mean, what the hell? I did the playoff machine before this weekend and ran a billion scenarios with us tying at 9-7 every team imaginable and we always came out on top. Now the Bills are always coming out on top. I thought we had margin for error at 9-7 with them, but now that's mysteriously gone.
From what I deduced on nfl.com and the playoff machine you guys would make it over the bills in tiebreaker

JO_75

Hall of Famer

On the Playoff Standings Page, it lists Buffalo having the Strength of Victory tiebreaker over us. Yet NFL.com and even the playoff graphic they showed during the game had us as the 6th seed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

someone said it elsewhere (or maybe here) earlier - the reason we are out at this second is because we are in a 3 way tie but we actually have the tiebreakers individually over virtually every other 6th seed team - and its unlikely that we end up in a 3 way tie because of the schedule (if we go 10-6 we are guaranteed in and if we go 9-7 we are pretty much guaranteed in i think)

someone said it elsewhere (or maybe here) earlier - the reason we are out at this second is because we are in a 3 way tie but we actually have the tiebreakers individually over virtually every other 6th seed team - and its unlikely that we end up in a 3 way tie because of the schedule (if we go 10-6 we are guaranteed in and if we go 9-7 we are pretty much guaranteed in i think)
Here's what I'm seeing on the playoff machine now that I wasn't seeing earlier this week: We go 9-7 and the Bills go 9-7 (with their loss coming to NE) the Bills get in " based on strength of victory." That was NOT what it was showing me this past week and I can only imagine it had something to do with some of the way that other games broke that I didn't think were of consequence.

If the Bills get that loss, say to Miami - THEN we are in "based on best win percentage in common games" ...

I know I should just say - forget all this - just run the table and we've nothing to worry about, but I'd still like a little margin for error.

Here's what I'm seeing on the playoff machine now that I wasn't seeing earlier this week: We go 9-7 and the Bills go 9-7 (with their loss coming to NE) the Bills get in " based on strength of victory." That was NOT what it was showing me this past week and I can only imagine it had something to do with some of the way that other games broke that I didn't think were of consequence.

If the Bills get that loss, say to Miami - THEN we are in "based on best win percentage in common games" ...

I know I should just say - forget all this - just run the table and we've nothing to worry about, but I'd still like a little margin for error.
I wish my Packers were in the AFC right now. We would have a shot to get in lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

If we beat the bengals and colts we own the tiebreaker in common games, if they lose to Miami once and we beat either cinci or Indy we own the tie breaker - they need us to lose to either cinci or Indy or both and also sweep the dolphins...