• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

First Up: @ Raiders

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Freeman's on the PS now but I wouldn't rule other moves out.

literally the only silver lining to all this is that we probably can have our pick of basically anyone with any sort of vet with any desire to earn carries and resurrect their career - guys are gonna be fine sitting on the PS for a week or 2 if it gets them a chance to get significant touches in this running game

might be the most attractive PS ever lol if you're a RB

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just hope this doesn’t compel Lamar to try to do too much. That’s my biggest fear right now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What this will do to the defence is somewhat change how we run some of our coverages - we've often played coverages that have allowed both MP and Marlon to play to their strengths but no matter who it is that replaces MP on the outside (be that Averett or Jimmy - when he's healthy enough) their strengths are different to MP's

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ty'son to be the starter on Monday? He's been here the longest so he knows the system. Either he is going to surprise the league and go off or we are going to get Lamar killed throwing 50 times a game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What this will do to the defence is somewhat change how we run some of our coverages - we've often played coverages that have allowed both MP and Marlon to play to their strengths but no matter who it is that replaces MP on the outside (be that Averett or Jimmy - when he's healthy enough) their strengths are different to MP's
Honestly I hope to see more cover 2 looks. It’s been a pretty sorely needed evolution in our otherwise awesome defensive scheme. We have the LBs to pull it off and still bring great pressure, plus Elliott plays his best ball when the play is in front of him.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I mean just what the fuck. As others have said, we're deep at corner and RB is a replaceable position, but idk.

MP is special.
Fumbles have been an issue with new running backs in our system have they not?

Also, we're going to sustain more injuries throughout the year. I don't want to over react, but I just seriously doubt come playoff time we'll have the roster required to compete for a Superbowl.

All this hurts more than anyone is Lamar man. Just damn. When all is said and done and we get bounced first round, people will blame him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

just seen this question to Ken and it definitely must be said that as good as Gus and Lamar were down the stretch in 2018 when they both took over, there were a lot of fumbles at the meshpoint

gonna be hard to get the reps for bell and freeman who i dont think have a ton of experience at the mesh (freeman might because of offseason with the saints and taysom hill)

which suggests to me that ty'son's gonna be carrying the load on Monday night just because of the trust he'll have