• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

First Up: @ Raiders

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

just seen this question to Ken and it definitely must be said that as good as Gus and Lamar were down the stretch in 2018 when they both took over, there were a lot of fumbles at the meshpoint

gonna be hard to get the reps for bell and freeman who i dont think have a ton of experience at the mesh (freeman might because of offseason with the saints and taysom hill)

which suggests to me that ty'son's gonna be carrying the load on Monday night just because of the trust he'll have

Exactly. Just posted about this very topic.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly I hope to see more cover 2 looks. It’s been a pretty sorely needed evolution in our otherwise awesome defensive scheme. We have the LBs to pull it off and still bring great pressure, plus Elliott plays his best ball when the play is in front of him.

i doubt we change that dramatically to consistently play cover 2 albeit we might decide we want that additional help over the top of the corners and let them get really aggressive in press man - with humphrey back outside and averett/jimmy there the best play might be to get hyper-aggressive with press on the outside

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i doubt we change that dramatically to consistently play cover 2 albeit we might decide we want that additional help over the top of the corners and let them get really aggressive in press man - with humphrey back outside and averett/jimmy there the best play might be to get hyper-aggressive with press on the outside
Get hyper aggressive with 2 shells lol. Cover 2 doesn’t marry you to a specific strategy with your corners.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I honestly thought we were royally fucked when Ronnie went down last year. Yea this sucks but Ty’Son looked damn good in the preseason and Bell and Freeman are still solid. MP hurts but that’s a deep ass group and I wouldn’t doubt a move at the position even if for a one year rental with how aggressive EDC is. I still think we’d be fine without a move though

Adversity folks. We’ve been here before. Season ain’t over and our front office knows what they’re doing

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
At first, I was extremely deflated about this news. Still am to a lesser extent. Now I'm converting this energy to righteous anger when I say this: our running game will not miss a beat (production wise) and we're making the FUCKING PLAYOFFS.

SPEAK. THIS. SHIT. INTO. EXISTENCE!!!!!! Fuck the haters. Suck my dick, pussy.

#SIIE

rossihunter2

Staff Member
At first, I was extremely deflated about this news. Still am to a lesser extent. Now I'm converting this energy to righteous anger when I say this: our running game will not miss a beat (production wise) and we're making the FUCKING PLAYOFFS.

SPEAK. THIS. SHIT. INTO. EXISTENCE!!!!!! Fuck the haters. Suck my dick, pussy.

#SIIE

#SIIE

fuck it - embrace the comeback underdog energy this gives us