• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 15 Discussion (Other Teams)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
titans lost. this is huge. I can't see them beating either the rams or jaxonville

5th seed is in our grasp!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Had it not been for the worthless pieces of shit Dolphins and Cutler, this would've been a fantastic weekend.

K-Dog

MVP
Cheats gonna cheat. Pittsburgh was robbed on that TD.
I always thought as long as the ball breaks the plane it is a touch down. Once the ball breaks the plane the play is over.

But yeah that whole game was fantastic.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Patriots still need to win out to likely secure top seed. They cannot afford to lose vs the bills
If the pats and steelers finish with the same record the steelers are likely the top seed because the steelers likely go 6-0 in the division and the patriots lost a game

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I always thought as long as the ball breaks the plane it is a touch down. Once the ball breaks the plane the play is over.

He didn't complete the catch, so the plane didn't matter. If he breaks the plane and then he ball pops out before the catch is complete then it's incomplete

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
He didn't complete the catch, so the plane didn't matter. If he breaks the plane and then he ball pops out before the catch is complete then it's incomplete
Exactly. The catch precedes reaching the end zone. Can't tell you how many people I had to explain that to. :brickwall:

K-Dog

MVP
I hear ya. I disagree with the call, but my opinion doesn't matter one iota.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Patriots still need to win out to likely secure top seed. They cannot afford to lose vs the bills
Indeed. Also to note, the Bills only put a measly 3 points in the 2nd half. While I give credit to the Dolphins defense for stepping up, that shit isn't gonna cut it in Ne. Besides, I don't know if the Bills have ever beaten the Patriots in NE with Brady as the QB.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

That's true if the ball is carried by runner. Receiver must complete the catch (survive the ground hit with control).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Exactly. The catch precedes reaching the end zone. Can't tell you how many people I had to explain that to. :brickwall:
My wife is a steelers fan and we just argued intensely for 20 minutes about it. The NFL has treated this rule the same way for years and they stand firm on "complete the process of the catch" and he didn't do it

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

It was the right call being incomplete. The play is only over when the ball crosses the plane if the player is already a runner. He had to maintain the catch all the way through the ground for it to count. It’s in the rule book

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I hear ya. I disagree with the call, but my opinion doesn't matter one iota.
You disagree with the RULE. The call was right without question, based on the rule, the rule might be bullshit, but they called it right and they make the right call pretty consistently based on the rule