• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Oweh, The INT and THE OMG WE DID IT!!!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think this is an excellent point, ross! We have finally hit on some OFF weapons in Hollywood, Lamar, some Oline guys, a TE, maybe WR, and RB's. It is time to get ready to pay them and go to the draft to rebuild a DEF that is a little heavy on FA money. Get some younger guys in there on rookie deals and payoff the OFF for a cycle and then hopefully do the same with the OFF when it comes necessary. I'm more confident in our ability to find DEF gems than OFF in the draft.

The one point I think essential is: we can't keep everyone and we have to be quick to identify who we can trade for additional draft capital just as we did with Zeus Jr.

im not saying to completely avoid the offence and i think you'll see us continue to take OL every year and if there's a marquee guy we like at OL or a high-value offensive position i think we still take him but you might see some defensive stacking across the next couple of drafts (especially if we do intend to keep hollywood)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
on the chiefs first offensive TD, brandon williams had probably the best pass rush rep ive seen from him in like 3 years and was egregiously held - didnt see it when watching the broadcast but seeing it on the coaches film it's blatant, excessive and right in front of 2 refs lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Just one play but holy sh!t

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
I know it's a serious oversimplification, but I tend to think of the trade as 1 year of Orlando for 4-5 years of Oweh. So far, and in spite of how useful Orlando could be given the injuries, I'm thinking: Good trade.

My reaction to this win was reminiscent of how I felt when Flacco finally beat the Steelers for the first time. Tough game, emotional finish. If I recall correctly, that was also on a Sunday night.
Unrelated, but that was also the game in which the stadium in Pittsburgh played 'What's Your Name, Little Girl' while showing Flacco's stats.
I never knew that was a thing. Glad they got their just desserts.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know it's a serious oversimplification, but I tend to think of the trade as 1 year of Orlando for 4-5 years of Oweh. So far, and in spite of how useful Orlando could be given the injuries, I'm thinking: Good trade.

1 year of Brown + 4 years of LB Nick Bolton + 2022 6th rounder
for
4-5 years of Oweh + 4 years of Ben Cleveland + Shaun Wade (who turned into a 2022 7th rounder and a 2023 5th rounder) + 2022 5th rounder + 2022 4th rounder (but gave up 210th pick to arizona who became Victor Dimukeje)

We've got 1 starter already and possibly 2 starters from the deal as well as multiple future picks
Chiefs have 2 starters out of this but 1 for a year

Brown's valuable but i think you could make a good case we've already won the trade even before we see who we get in 2022... tbf though partly that's because im not the biggest fan of Nick Bolton (think he's gonna be a great run defender and he's really sound but idk that he's ever gonna be good in coverage which is crucial at this point for a LB - especially 1 taken in the 2nd round)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Damnnn… that pass rush move was sick! Had to have learned that from Houston

think he had an even better pass rush on the next drive - this was great though and he won super quickly with that fake and then explosion inside

but on the next drive he combines the things that both Campbell and Houston spoke to him about this preseason and destroys the RT

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
think he had an even better pass rush on the next drive - this was great though and he won super quickly with that fake and then explosion inside

but on the next drive he combines the things that both Campbell and Houston spoke to him about this preseason and destroys the RT

Sweet… any way you can find a clip of that?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Bell I believe was signed before news broke of Murray being cut. I feel like Murray is perhaps filling a lot of Bell’s role, except for the receiving which Williams is not bad at whatsoever
Murry seems like an inside threat only to me

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
1 year of Brown + 4 years of LB Nick Bolton + 2022 6th rounder
for
4-5 years of Oweh + 4 years of Ben Cleveland + Shaun Wade (who turned into a 2022 7th rounder and a 2023 5th rounder) + 2022 5th rounder + 2022 4th rounder (but gave up 210th pick to arizona who became Victor Dimukeje)

We've got 1 starter already and possibly 2 starters from the deal as well as multiple future picks
Chiefs have 2 starters out of this but 1 for a year

Brown's valuable but i think you could make a good case we've already won the trade even before we see who we get in 2022... tbf though partly that's because im not the biggest fan of Nick Bolton (think he's gonna be a great run defender and he's really sound but idk that he's ever gonna be good in coverage which is crucial at this point for a LB - especially 1 taken in the 2nd round)
to me its a fair trade.. even if oweh becomes a hofer and brown has an avg career.. if we wouldve picked a bust, it was still fair imo. Im probably the only one lol but i dnt really judge trades based on who gets picked with draft capital they received from a trade. Kc has no control over our draft decisions.

JAAM

Hall of Famer