• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Oweh, The INT and THE OMG WE DID IT!!!

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching the replay and Lamar needs to never do some dumb shit flip like that again. It was really awkward and dangerous in real time. I’ll bet his ass cheek hurts like a motherfucker right now.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I know our pass rushers are criticized often but our lbs( queen, harrison) and safties ( clark, elliot)
maybe worse. i try to give them benefit out doubt but man its hard to

Last edited:

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
I know our pass rushers are criticized often but our lbs( queen, harrison) and safties ( clark, elliot)

I dunno, our safeties aren't Ed Reed clones, but we can't have superstars everywhere. I think they're solid and as a duo are at least above average compared to the rest of the league.

Our ILB can struggle with coverage sometimes and Queen has missed some tackles. I honestly think Queen has got a touch of MP to him in that he's always looking to be a playmaker, which is a double edged sword and leads to some of the issues. Still, they're pretty good for second year rookies playing in one of the hardest positions to learn.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
I think the more interesting question at safety is whether we keep DeShon Elliott around next season. We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but I'm leaning slightly towards no atm. I think next offseason will be the perfect time to push Brandon Stephens into that role next to Clark and eventually he may get the green dot.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the more interesting question at safety is whether we keep DeShon Elliott around next season. We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but I'm leaning slightly towards no atm. I think next offseason will be the perfect time to push Brandon Stephens into that role next to Clark and eventually he may get the green dot.

Agree with everything except the green dot. Stephens is still very new comparatively to other rookies on defense. Don’t saddle him with that mental hurdle while Clark is here.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Agree with everything except the green dot. Stephens is still very new comparatively to other rookies on defense. Don’t saddle him with that mental hurdle while Clark is here.

Ah yeah, agreed. When I said eventually Stephens might get the green dot I kind of meant a few years down the line, if we don't re-sign Clark. Totally agree there's no rush while we've got Clark.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
on the chiefs first offensive TD, brandon williams had probably the best pass rush rep ive seen from him in like 3 years and was egregiously held - didnt see it when watching the broadcast but seeing it on the coaches film it's blatant, excessive and right in front of 2 refs lol
please post. I remember a play where one of our guys was tackled and holding wasn't called and can't remember who was being held or where the Chiefs were on the field.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Queen just needs to cut down on the missed tackles and he'll be fine. Harrison, on the other hand, is a liability in coverage which is why the LJ Fort injury is more impactful than most people want to admit. I'm not sure that Harrison is a long-term answer next to Queen unless he really starts to improve his coverage ability.

As for our safeties, Clark is one of the smartest players on the team and basically runs the defense. Elliot has plenty of room for improvement, but I don't think anyone really expects him to be back after this season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Queen just needs to cut down on the missed tackles and he'll be fine. Harrison, on the other hand, is a liability in coverage which is why the LJ Fort injury is more impactful than most people want to admit. I'm not sure that Harrison is a long-term answer next to Queen unless he really starts to improve his coverage ability.

As for our safeties, Clark is one of the smartest players on the team and basically runs the defense. Elliot has plenty of room for improvement, but I don't think anyone really expects him to be back after this season.
Yes, very underrated loss as he helped Queen a lot last year and when taking into account 20% of the snaps on PFF he was the 14th highest rated linebacker in 2020.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Queen is also a liability in cvg. I dnt think queen is instinctive enough, either that or just hesitates and second guesses himself too much. Clark is smart, but he sucks in cvg like really bad. Elliot a dog in the run game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Queen is also a liability in cvg. I dnt think queen is instinctive enough, either that or just hesitates and second guesses himself too much. Clark is smart, but he sucks in cvg like really bad. Elliot a dog in the run game.

he's had one offseason and is improving. He will get there, but he's playing better this season. That's for sure.