• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Oweh, The INT and THE OMG WE DID IT!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He went from this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/ebonybird.com/2021/09/04/ravens-odafe-oweh-pff-worst-rookie/amp/

To AFC DPOW

Tell me he doesn’t have it in him to become an all-pro
Haven't heard from Michael Renner this week, but this is what he had to say two weeks ago.

“Oweh was always going to be a project — if you watched his tape at Penn State, this shouldn’t be too surprising. Unfortunately, the confidence simply isn’t there, and he’s not playing up to his tested athleticism. You can tell he is thinking more than he is playing football so far.”

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Queen is also a liability in cvg. I dnt think queen is instinctive enough, either that or just hesitates and second guesses himself too much. Clark is smart, but he sucks in cvg like really bad. Elliot a dog in the run game.
Queen is highly instinctive, instincts aren’t always correct though, that goes for any instinctive player. And one could rightfully assume that a naturally instinctive player would be correct more often as he gains experience

also in coverage, that’s not about being instinctive, that’s about the flow of the game and matching your feet to the qbs eyes, understanding what each offense is trying to do to you when their receivers run past you. Mosley was great at understanding what direction the receivers were going behind him without having to see behind him, this too comes with experience, I have full faith queen will learn these things, the tackling is a much more worrying issue though.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
he's had one offseason and is improving. He will get there, but he's playing better this season. That's for sure.

I actually don’t think his coverage is as bad as last year, I also think he’s improving. He still has lapses but people forget how much experience (or lack thereof) he had in college

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Queen is highly instinctive, instincts aren’t always correct though, that goes for any instinctive player. And one could rightfully assume that a naturally instinctive player would be correct more often as he gains experience

also in coverage, that’s not about being instinctive, that’s about the flow of the game and matching your feet to the qbs eyes, understanding what each offense is trying to do to you when their receivers run past you. Mosley was great at understanding what direction the receivers were going behind him without having to see behind him, this too comes with experience, I have full faith queen will learn these things, the tackling is a much more worrying issue though.
Naw i wasnt trying to combine his instincts and cvg together.. there was 2 plays vs kc.. one where he couldve shot the gap and tackled clyde but its like he waited or just didnt wanna risk it.. another was on a pass play where the wr sat in the zone right in front of him, he took like 2 steps towards him then backed up, causing pat to pass for a short gain of like 7 yards.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

also - queen was pretty good in coverage against the chiefs

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Naw i wasnt trying to combine his instincts and cvg together.. there was 2 plays vs kc.. one where he couldve shot the gap and tackled clyde but its like he waited or just didnt wanna risk it.. another was on a pass play where the wr sat in the zone right in front of him, he took like 2 steps towards him then backed up, causing pat to pass for a short gain of like 7 yards.
2 plays doesn’t make a player not instinctive

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Queen is also a liability in cvg. I dnt think queen is instinctive enough, either that or just hesitates and second guesses himself too much. Clark is smart, but he sucks in cvg like really bad. Elliot a dog in the run game.

Queen isn't great in coverage, but he has been improving which is more than we can say for Harrison. Also, I'm not sure what you want out of our safeties because I feel like they've been solid. It's not like the start of that year in which we had an aging Weddle and a slow-as-molasses Tony Jefferson (before he got hurt); I cringed any time a deep pass was thrown during that time period.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Queen isn't great in coverage, but he has been improving which is more than we can say for Harrison. Also, I'm not sure what you want out of our safeties because I feel like they've been solid. It's not like the start of that year in which we had an aging Weddle and a slow-as-molasses Tony Jefferson (before he got hurt); I cringed any time a deep pass was thrown during that time period.

harrison has been intermittently fine in coverage - he's been given tough 1v1 matchups in coverage where people have criticised him on those plays because he's overmatched when singled up vs Kelce or Waller...

and he's been violent and aggressive in run defence - and guys who run into him react like they've just run into a brick wall

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I actually don’t think his coverage is as bad as last year, I also think he’s improving. He still has lapses but people forget how much experience (or lack thereof) he had in college
correct, he didnt even start his last year at LSU. That started later in the year. The previous year Devin White was the starter.

I agree his coverage has improved. If you recall KC truly exploited him in coverage last year. Of course all of the newly drafted linebackers outside of Chase Young were awful last year due to not having any offseason practices.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
correct, he didnt even start his last year at LSU. That started later in the year. The previous year Devin White was the starter.

I agree his coverage has improved. If you recall KC truly exploited him in coverage last year. Of course all of the newly drafted linebackers outside of Chase Young were awful last year due to not having any offseason practices.

Exactly, so he’s on track to be a really good LB

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
2 plays doesn’t make a player not instinctive
I mean from what i see he never looks instinctive when i feel he needs to atleast when it comes to shooting gaps or what not. Queen needs a lot of work. We may not want to admit it but its the truth.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching the replay and Lamar needs to never do some dumb shit flip like that again. It was really awkward and dangerous in real time. I’ll bet his ass cheek hurts like a motherfucker right now.

.......and he confirmed it. His ass cheek is hurting lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
im gonna always critique our safeties lol.. they simply just arent good in cvg to me. I cant even think of a play off the top of my head where anyone of them made a play on a deep ball.. like i said in offseason, i wont be surprised if one of them lose their job or a whole bunch of reps. I do like elliot for what he brings to the table when we play chubb, harris, henry and mixon.

Simba

Staff Member
harrison has been intermittently fine in coverage - he's been given tough 1v1 matchups in coverage where people have criticised him on those plays because he's overmatched when singled up vs Kelce or Waller...

and he's been violent and aggressive in run defence - and guys who run into him react like they've just run into a brick wall

I feel like they left Harrison on Kelce a lot on Sunday. And he didn’t do too bad.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Harrison is a great tackler; the dude THUMPS people.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean from what i see he never looks instinctive when i feel he needs to atleast when it comes to shooting gaps or what not. Queen needs a lot of work. We may not want to admit it but its the truth.

says who - i dont see what you're seeing - he had a poor 2 play stretch near the goal-line and missed a couple of tackles - mostly he was shooting gaps and staying disciplined and attacking the whole game - looked really comfortable in the zone coverage too - still needs to work off blocks better sometimes but that's not unexpected given he's not as long or as big as a guy like Harrison...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I feel like they left Harrison on Kelce a lot on Sunday. And he didn’t do too bad.

he got destroyed on a whip route by Kelce but that's not fair lol

yeah i dont think he did too badly at all given the assignment when the chiefs got that matchup that they liked - think they had another play where they completed it on him later too but cant remember the specifics of it

also while watching oweh back over the last 2 weeks i noticed harrison punish a TE crosser a la CJ Mosley early in the raiders game

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
At least he didn’t head butt the stadium wall.

I had to check up on Gus Frerotte when you mentioned that. According to Wikipedia, the QB who intentionally ran head first into a wall is now the VP of a company called Brain Health Initiatives. Have to love that.