• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Browns (Again): Week 15 Edition

how was CJ in coverage
and how was humphrey - what sort of coverages did we use against josh gordon?
Couldn't tell you specifically about the coverages but the only catch I remember Marlon giving up was when he was in zone. It was a well placed ball on the sideline. He had a really nice pass breakup over the middle against Gordon. I think Carr was on Gordon most of the game tbh. CJ had a few nice plays in coverage on the shorter TE routes. Though most of his big plays were around the line of scrimmage. Made a huge play to tackle kizer on 4th down and had a number of tipped passes.

PFF claim he only gave up one catch.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-baltimore-ravens-27-cleveland-browns-10

Last edited:

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
The interception in the end zone by Kizer may have been one of the worst decisions in recent memory. There were at least three defenders within a two foot area.

The interception in the end zone by Kizer may have been one of the worst decisions in recent memory. There were at least three defenders within a two foot area.
And the receiver was barely in bounds so doubtful it’s a completion even if he comes down with it.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
My instant reaction to that was the Bruh meme. Like seriously, my man? You didn't learn from last week? That's fine, we'll take it and then some.

K-Dog

MVP
I agree with going for it on fourth and goal.
I mean worst case ( which it was ) they get the ball on the one. Okay I know it was like the four but what have you....

The browns run D is legit. No if, and's or but's about it.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Mike Wallace showed up and played well. Joe had a good game. Sam Koch and Justin Tucker have to be the top kicking duo in the league. Love the fire that Woodhead brings. Watson is a life saver. Buck Allen played well late. Defense stepped up the play after some shaky moments.

Chris Moore’s hands are worrisome. If they expect to get past the first round he will need him to play better. Maclin....wow. Where did Perriman go? Lack of receiving talent has and is stymieing the offense. Worried about Collins, hope he is OK moving forward. Anemic pass rush has to be fixed. As we saw last week the better teams and QBs will kill given that much time.

Our pass rush needs to step up like @Tank said the better teams with this much time will carve us up like Steelers did.

Pees needs to disguise the blitz better even commentator could see when we were going to blitz.

My instant reaction to that was the Bruh meme. Like seriously, my man? You didn't learn from last week? That's fine, we'll take it and then some.
lol I went back and watched the replay, and what's worse is that the player he was targeting was 5'11" Isaiah Crowell, a runningback.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I agree with going for it on fourth and goal.
I mean worst case ( which it was ) they get the ball on the one. Okay I know it was like the four but what have you....

The browns run D is legit. No if, and's or but's about it.
Though I can't remember where I saw it, I did see a stat was allowing the least yards per carry for the last several weeks.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So for me,

The good: Melanie Collins, our offense seems to be able to successfully move the chains, capitalizing turnovers
The bad: lack of running game (Browns run defense just continues to play well), going for it on 4th down but NOT spreading their defense out (fuck you Marty), inconsistent pass-rush
The Browns: Kizer and the rest of them

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The good: Joe Flacco, Buck Allen, Watson and Woodhead.
The bad: Can't get 4th & goal, Maclin being soft as tissue. Wow!
The ugly: No ferocious and consistent pass rush!

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kizer is just shockingly awful. Just awful.

Joe is light years in terms of how he looks now compared to the way he played earlier this season but his footwork and mechanics were pretty bad yesterday.
For a second consecutive week he cost the team points on the opening drive.

It seems beyond unlikely but Perrriman will absolutely need to come on if this offense is going to make noise in the playoffs.

The defense....just a big question mark to me. I have doubts about them being able to get off the field against a quarterback other than Kizer.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Only issue I had yesterday was with the play calling. We’re on the verge of making the playoffs and Marty calls a QB run and Joe gets blasted. We’re lucky he’s a tough son of a bitch. Also, why did we get away from Alex Collins so early? This was before he got hurt I believe. We kept taking him out in the early first half.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Only issue I had yesterday was with the play calling. We’re on the verge of making the playoffs and Marty calls a QB run and Joe gets blasted. We’re lucky he’s a tough son of a bitch. Also, why did we get away from Alex Collins so early? This was before he got hurt I believe. We kept taking him out in the early first half.
Because the Browns' defense was hellbent on stopping Collins at all costs. That's the reason why we had some pretty nice gains off of play-action. I don't want us to run the ball when it's clearly not working. However, noticed how effective we ran the ball with Allen to chew clock out. That I was impressed with.