• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Browns (Again): Week 15 Edition

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Because the Browns' defense was hellbent on stopping Collins at all costs. That's the reason why we had some pretty nice gains off of play-action. I don't want us to run the ball when it's clearly not working. However, noticed how effective we ran the ball with Allen to chew clock out. That I was impressed with.

At that point the Browns had very clearly quit though and that's kinda a worry for that team.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
At that point the Browns had very clearly quit though and that's kinda a worry for that team.
Well of course, but still it's not like they gave up a huge run like we did early in the game. It was like a 6 yard gain here, 7 yard gain there, etc. At least for this season, we've done pretty well running the ball late in the 4th even when the game is close.

NYSE5

Practice Squad
Well of course, but still it's not like they gave up a huge run like we did early in the game. It was like a 6 yard gain here, 7 yard gain there, etc. At least for this season, we've done pretty well running the ball late in the 4th even when the game is close.
The schedule we have played this year will not serve us well or prepare us for the playoffs and the organization is well aware of this.

NYSE5

Practice Squad
So not sure if this is still true but I just heard a crazy thing - going into the browns game the ravens were (despite the steelers loss) the best team in the afc according to football outsiders metrics
Just to be clear, you heard this where?

The schedule we have played this year will not serve us well or prepare us for the playoffs and the organization is well aware of this.

We just took it to one of the top teams in the AFC a couple of weeks ago and lost by a point. Yes we have played some terrible teams but it's any given Sunday. The only team that is very scary right now (feels weird to type) is the Jags.

NYSE5

Practice Squad
We just took it to one of the top teams in the AFC a couple of weeks ago and lost by a point. Yes we have played some terrible teams but it's any given Sunday. The only team that is very scary right now (feels weird to type) is the Jags.
The organization does not think emotionally as fans do. They must think intelligently and logically.

The organization does not think emotionally as fans do. They must think intelligently and logically.

lol ok..................and? how does our emotional thinking play a role in how the team plays? I don't even understand what point you are trying to make no offense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just to be clear, you heard this where?

chris wesseling mentioned it on around the nfl podcast (thursday show) when previewing the game vs the browns
i just checked their total DVOA metrics and they seemed to have us 1 spot below the steelers as the 2nd best team in the AFC but then i double checked and saw that the weighted DVOA had us as the best team in the AFC (4th in the league)

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
So, we've been harsh on ZDS but it's pretty unfair to him. That we want to see our rookies more is one thing, but we can't really blame Z for doing his job and playing when his number is called. You can't deny that he always gets some pressure and some end up being big turnovers.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So, we've been harsh on ZDS but it's pretty unfair to him. That we want to see our rookies more is one thing, but we can't really blame Z for doing his job and playing when his number is called. You can't deny that he always gets some pressure and some end up being big turnovers.

i just wish he could use moves/bend like he did this sunday more often - too often he makes a potentially big play but then shoots himself in the foot by falling over/getting a stupid penalty/not finishing the play

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

lol ok..................and? how does our emotional thinking play a role in how the team plays? I don't even understand what point you are trying to make no offense.
Here's the thing. We can't control who we play. It's not like the Ravens chose the 16 sorriest teams in the league to make their schedule. Yes, we played several backups, but that's not/wasn't our problem. The organization is well aware of this as well.

In addition, if we make the playoffs, we're entering a "new season." Every one starts out 0-0. Anything goes in the playoffs. But since you brought up the schedule, take a look at the Steelers. Outside of two teams, they play every team we play this season. As much as it pissed me off to watch win 8 straight, let's not act like they were blowing teams out of the water.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So for me,

The good: Melanie Collins, our offense seems to be able to successfully move the chains, capitalizing turnovers
The bad: lack of running game (Browns run defense just continues to play well), going for it on 4th down but NOT spreading their defense out (fuck you Marty), inconsistent pass-rush
The Browns: Kizer and the rest of them
Why Melanie?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Because she's hot IMO.
I love her. She's not just a dumb blonde either. She seems very intelligent. She also liked my comment on Instagram, so it's getting somewhat serious.

NYSE5

Practice Squad
Here's the thing. We can't control who we play. It's not like the Ravens chose the 16 sorriest teams in the league to make their schedule. Yes, we played several backups, but that's not/wasn't our problem. The organization is well aware of this as well.

In addition, if we make the playoffs, we're entering a "new season." Every one starts out 0-0. Anything goes in the playoffs. But since you brought up the schedule, take a look at the Steelers. Outside of two teams, they play every team we play this season. As much as it pissed me off to watch win 8 straight, let's not act like they were blowing teams out of the water.
Fine

JAAM

Hall of Famer