• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pro Bowl Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The amount of work Sam Koch puts in is well documented. His methods have been talked about, how he revolutionized punting by learning different strike points and angles on the ball to make it land perfectly, they should know he's not medically enhancing himself, he's just a fucking pioneer at the position and has put in the work. The NFL a whole whore yo.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Happy Suggs got in just cuz it will help his Hof odds. Mosley shouldn’t have made it over Telvin Smith. Complete bullshit that Pouncey made it over Jensen, but it might help us value wise in free agency. Eric is eh making it, but imo it should have been Suggs Jensen Tucker and Koch

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Happy Suggs got in just cuz it will help his Hof odds. Mosley shouldn’t have made it over Telvin Smith. Complete bullshit that Pouncey made it over Jensen, but it might help us value wise in free agency. Eric is eh making it, but imo it should have been Suggs Jensen Tucker and Koch

its not just CJ though, CJ probably deserved to be there given the level of competition in the AFC but the other linebacker should have been telvin smith - the fact that ryan shazier (with injury) and joe schobert (1st alternate) are ahead of him is ridiculous

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
its not just CJ though, CJ probably deserved to be there given the level of competition in the AFC but the other linebacker should have been telvin smith - the fact that ryan shazier (with injury) and joe schobert (1st alternate) are ahead of him is ridiculous
I agree Telvin Smith should be in the pro bowl. However I disagree that Shazier shouldn’t be able to get the honor due to injury when he was healthy for the required games (8). As long as he played in eight games he is entitled to be able to be voted in.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I agree Telvin Smith should be in the pro bowl. However I disagree that Shazier shouldn’t be able to get the honor due to injury when he was healthy for the required games (8). As long as he played in eight games he is entitled to be able to be voted in.
If that's the case, Jimmy should've gotten in too.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
ive just realised why he didnt...
his suspension makes him ineligible i think
It most certainly did. I recall that an article about Tom Brady being eligible after his four game suspension which mentioned that players with PED use are automatically blocked from entry.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
that was stupid about brady though given that the supposed infraction happened 2 seasons prior - the nfl is weird
Yes but the previous year he went to the pro bowl, when the suspension should have started. Because of the appeals and stay it was pushed into the next season. So it was right if them to block him from going to the pro bowl last year.