• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defense and The Comeback

Simba

Staff Member
To many negative people that don't want to give up the narrative. Imagine if he actually had a running game behind him. Of course those people are ignoring our injuries and only focusing on the Colts injuries. They forgot we played the healthiest team in the league a few weeks ago (KC) and beat Mahomes.

Feels like people grasping again because he keeps proving them wrong and they have to find another excuse.

“He can’t throw”

Proceeds to light up the national stage throwing the ball with consistent and clean mechanics to all levels of the field

“Well it was against no names”

He’s good. People are just so attached to their original opinions and refuse to realize that they can be wrong. Lamars still not perfect but 31 other franchises would love a Lamar at some point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Passing numbers don’t tell the full tale. Example missing an easy TD to a wide open Brown because he didn’t make his reads. But that stuff happens and I’ll take that or a couple errant throws any day for what Lamar brings to the table. At this point I don’t see how people could rank him lower than #2 in the league. If he wins a super bowl he should claim the top spot over Mahomes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dude that happens to literally every QB even the elite ones - occasionally you take the short read rather than the right read - every Qb does it at some point and none of them have their ability as a passer re-litigated because of 2 frustrating plays

it's not even that i take that because lamar brings other things to the table - i'll take that either way because he's been carving teams apart with his arm this year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Only noticed Marlon twice last night and 1 was a ST play. He did his job for the most part. Hard to get a fumble when they're throwing to the other side.

also it seems like everyone's got the memo - you still see him going after the ball but receivers are protecting themselves when he's in coverage

but it's part of a larger problem that without peters and with queen not playing anywhere near up to his potential we're short on playmakers - we've got lots of guys who are great cover corners but no ball hawks back there right now

which means we're super reliant on our pass rush for turnovers

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The backs ups talk is nonsense he can’t control who’s on the other side of the field. The colts were beat up but these are still NFL caliber players he is making look silly.

Lamar was just awful in the first half and fuels the hate. However, his response tells you everything you need to know about him. What a second half and general will to win. The guy, without a doubt, should be in the discussion for best QB in the NFL. At worst , top 3

I wouldn't call that awful. It was like 2 missed opportunities in the first half with the open play to Brown and not connecting with him for the TD on 3rd down. I know you said it happens in your other post and I agree with that. Just think it looked worse because the running game held us back.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
also it seems like everyone's got the memo - you still see him going after the ball but receivers are protecting themselves when he's in coverage

but it's part of a larger problem that without peters and with queen not playing anywhere near up to his potential we're short on playmakers - we've got lots of guys who are great cover corners but no ball hawks back there right now

which means we're super reliant on our pass rush for turnovers
Tavon Young has the ball hawk ability in him, but he's not one of our boundary guys.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. Harbs didn’t have this team prepared to play. The record talk and his beef with fangio were a distraction. They most certainly overlooked the colts. Lamar saved John’s job a few years ago and continues to do so.
2. The defense is getting a lot of hate but doesn’t deserve it. They played a solid first half and we’re gassed because the offense couldn’t sustain drives. Our depth is next to none so I’m not sure why people expect anything different than what we watched in the second half.
3. Lamar looked bad in the first half. It always takes him a moment to calm down in prime time games. The offense was flat and ugly. Lamar looked like a consensus MVP in the second half. This guy is carrying the team, he is going to get paid this off-season and has earned every bit.

Yeah there was nothing special about the first half defense either. The "they were gassed" argument doesn't hold up on film. They obviously give up the big TD on the third play of the game, and the very next drive, they give up an 11 play, 65 yard drive that was bailed out by a great Oweh play. No way they were gassed after three plays on the prior drive.
The FG drive at the end of the half was after a lengthy Ravens drive that provided ample time for recovery.
Gave up well over 200 yards of offense in the first half. I guess only holding them to 10 points is something, but that's not how I would evaluate a defense's performance either. Gave up three drives of over 55 yards.

Second half defense was atrocious. They're well rested coming out of the half, and give up two chunk plays for another 73 yard TD. Give up a 6 play, 81 yard TD drive after that, well rested out of the half.

Just a poor performance for the most part. A couple of solid, individual plays helped bail out an otherwise bad performance.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
such a power move to put our kicker who's only had to make 1 kick all night out for the toss just to give him something to do when the only reason we're there is because the other team's kicker can't do anything lol
I said the same thing lmao troll move sending tucker out after they missed a game winner.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
and he had no hesitation about approaching this comeback with the 2 point conversions the right way - he could have taken the extra point the first time but went straight to the 2 pt conversions even though we missed the first one

he didnt panic either
I loved our teams composure, they were extremely business like, no celebrations or showboating until we sealed the W. Lamar said after the game that he kept telling guys in the huddle “one play at a time, don’t get too turned up after a big gain” and I felt that watching them, they looked grown in the fourth quarter, it reminded me of the patriots.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Feels like people grasping again because he keeps proving them wrong and they have to find another excuse.

“He can’t throw”

Proceeds to light up the national stage throwing the ball with consistent and clean mechanics to all levels of the field

“Well it was against no names”

He’s good. People are just so attached to their original opinions and refuse to realize that they can be wrong. Lamars still not perfect but 31 other franchises would love a Lamar at some point.
And then to compound it, when an analyst changes their mind about Lamar publicly, they’re trashed for it lol. Shit makes no sense

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I loved our teams composure, they were extremely business like, no celebrations or showboating until we sealed the W. Lamar said after the game that he kept telling guys in the huddle “one play at a time, don’t get too turned up after a big gain” and I felt that watching them, they looked grown in the fourth quarter, it reminded me of the patriots.

he models himself after brady and he looked like him - that 2pt conversion to mark andrews right down the middle was classic brady - step up, looks like you might take off but just gently push it forward for the td to the receiver

i think lamar's slowly building that terminator-like persona and you could see it in the colts faces on the sideline late - they could feel it was coming and they couldnt do anything about it

Simba

Staff Member
And then to compound it, when an analyst changes their mind about Lamar publicly, they’re trashed for it lol. Shit makes no sense

I don’t mind the change. It’s the guys like Bucky Brooks who have openly criticized for years who are now acting like they’ve always been on his side. Admit you were wrong and I’ll respect it.