• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defense and The Comeback

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i honestly think this was queen's worst game so far - ive been defending him for weeks that he's not been THAT bad but tonight he was worse than bad

we see flashes on like 1 or 2 plays but he just doesnt attack the way he needs to - i think he's so scared of hitting the wrong gap that he's freezing himself
He’s got the yips big time

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

How Flock Nation is on social media right now to all the Lamar haters

Simba

Staff Member
i honestly think this was queen's worst game so far - ive been defending him for weeks that he's not been THAT bad but tonight he was worse than bad

we see flashes on like 1 or 2 plays but he just doesnt attack the way he needs to - i think he's so scared of hitting the wrong gap that he's freezing himself

That’s what concerns me the most. He has the ability to be great from a physical standpoint. I’m not sure he has it mentally. Just plays so tentative sometimes and it fucks everything up. Make mistakes but make them at 100mph if you’re going to. Overthinking and doing nothing does exactly that for us… nothing.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder if we'll see more no-huddle offense going forward. Seemed to really stress the Colts in the 4th quarter and OT; Lamar was able to sit back and do whatever he wanted.

Shout out to Mandrews and Hollywood for being clutch AF tonight as well. Made a ton of great catches out there to help propel the comeback.

Simba

Staff Member
I wonder if we'll see more no-huddle offense going forward. Seemed to really stress the Colts in the 4th quarter and OT; Lamar was able to sit back and do whatever he wanted.

Shout out to Mandrews and Hollywood for being clutch AF tonight as well. Made a ton of great catches out there to help propel the comeback.

It’s a tough one. No huddle helps tremendously when they have to bring in PS guys due to injuries. But we also need to control the ball because our defense was being gashed all night. No huddle has it’s time and place but not sure it’s on this team on any consistent basis as it’s currently constructed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s what concerns me the most. He has the ability to be great from a physical standpoint. I’m not sure he has it mentally. Just plays so tentative sometimes and it fucks everything up. Make mistakes but make them at 100mph if you’re going to. Overthinking and doing nothing does exactly that for us… nothing.

at least as a rookie he was given free reign to just fly - didnt matter if he made the wrong read as long as he did it at 100mph
i honestly think that if he's not got it mentally that you have to get him back to that mindset - just put him in attack mode and live with the occasional mistake

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
think we might have to bench him just to let him reset his mind - not saying we give up on him at all but we might have to sit him just to try and fix some stuff
I think wink needs to re assess what he sees his role as, make him a rotational player, give him non flexible assignments, don’t put him in a position to drop back, don’t rely on him to read, do everything you can to put him on a pitch count where he’s essentially a rotational pass rusher and let him do what he does well and get his feet under him

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s a tough one. No huddle helps tremendously when they have to bring in PS guys due to injuries. But we also need to control the ball because our defense was being gashed all night. No huddle has it’s time and place but not sure it’s on this team on any consistent basis as it’s currently constructed.

Very true. I'm thinking they could pull it out when they're struggling though (like in the first half) as a way to spark the offense. Definitely don't want to do it all the time with this defense right now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think wink needs to re assess what he sees his role as, make him a rotational player, give him non flexible assignments, don’t put him in a position to drop back, don’t rely on him to read, do everything you can to put him on a pitch count where he’s essentially a rotational pass rusher and let him do what he does well and get his feet under him

maybe even completely change his role - let malik play the mike and have queen rotate with board to play the will

Simba

Staff Member
everyone of the corners on this team owes lamar a nice dinner lol

humphrey giving the colts those 3 points in the first half
averett getting roasted
tavon with the dumb penalty that nearly gave the colts the game at the buzzer

Tavon was in the running for defensive MVP before that boneheaded penalty, even though Doyle instigated AND took a dive. Honestly a smart play by him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
maybe even completely change his role - let malik play the mike and have queen rotate with board to play the will
I’ve thought this for a while but tbh after what I’ve seen tonight I think he might need his role dumbed down even more than that

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
You can’t have a middle linebacker like Queen play like he has and expect to win. They will just constantly pick on him in the passing game and he always seems out of position.

We have a big problem here folks . I don’t think we can go to the Super Bowl with inside linebacker play like this . It’s embarrassing .

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think id like to see us use tempo more - not saying we should go no huddle all the time but i'd like to see us not just come to no huddle when we're trailing or in 2 minute

with the speed we have on offence we can be devastating