• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Defense and The Comeback

Simba

Staff Member
If Watkins does miss time, at least it’s when Bateman is coming back and Duvernay and Proche have stepped up.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Still some things to work on but damn I love Brandon Stephens still. Probably not his strongest game of the year but you can still see the IQ and change of direction show up every game, which is really impressive for a young guy who is switching positions yet again.

he was the guy the colts were going after on that weird trick play - and he was glue - not fooled for a second and beautiful coverage

he's got some work to do being decisive breaking on the ball from the deep and coming downhill but he's really natural in coverage especially picking up passed off receivers from corners and he's got so much upside in man coverage too at deep safety

he's only going to get better and better

i will say that the defence clearly missed deshon though - he's so important at helping us defeat RPOs and play-action as well as setting the tone coming downhill which we've missed that 2nd/3rd level physicality since he went down

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Still some things to work on but damn I love Brandon Stephens still. Probably not his strongest game of the year but you can still see the IQ and change of direction show up every game, which is really impressive for a young guy who is switching positions yet again.
He looks REALLY good, like holy shit

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ugly knee injury. Carted off. Rolled up on pretty good.

I’m not gonna call it a season ender just yet because I thought so with tyre, but I wouldnt expect good news…

was odd though - it didnt look like anything got forced the wrong way like you often see in those kinds of injuries - when i saw the replay i wasnt surprised he was ruled out but i was surprised he needed the cart

im hopeful that maybe it's short-term i/r at worst but you never know when guys get rolled up on even innocuously

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Lamar just keeps fighting . A Grade for Lamar even with the costly fumble that was very very close to not being one.

Averett looked like he was just sleep walking tonight. Tavon almost cost us . Humphrey offsides almost cost us .

We have big problems on D . Queen has regressed so much he looks like the shell of even his rookie year.

Our run game has nothing either

Lamar , just keep throwing the rock !! Lol
Queen didnt regress.. he was anything to begin with

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
was odd though - it didnt look like anything got forced the wrong way like you often see in those kinds of injuries - when i saw the replay i wasnt surprised he was ruled out but i was surprised he needed the cart

im hopeful that maybe it's short-term i/r at worst but you never know when guys get rolled up on even innocuously
I might be partial to knee injuries because I’ve suffered with one for ten years now lol, every funny knee movement and I’m writing a players season off

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's been playing like a top 5 safety all season - only reason he doesnt get recognition is because he doesnt get a ton of turnovers - and unfortunately for him the pick won't show up in accounting stats lol
I almost want to see Clark replace queen when Elliott comes back, let Elliott play strong and let Stephens play free, and obviously it’s completely interchangeable and nobody is glued to a position, but you get the point.

Simba

Staff Member
exactly my thoughts although i doubt he comes into a huge role straight away

Yeah don’t know exactly what we have in Bateman just yet but I’d feel confident that Duvernay and Proche could come up with 80% of the production at this point. Not a ton on the stat sheet tonight but they’ve really stepped up when given the opportunity.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I almost want to see Clark replace queen when Elliott comes back, let Elliott play strong and let Stephens play free, and obviously it’s completely interchangeable and nobody is glued to a position, but you get the point.

oh for sure - queen already played his fewest snaps - we'll still see queen and LBs on early downs but you bet we're going to play dime as much as possible with both elliott and chuck able to play all over the field and in the box

with jimmy smith too it creates some flexibility

but for any of this to work the big guys up front need to be more stout - calais made some big plays at the end but at times he and brandon williams were getting moved way too easily

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
oh for sure - queen already played his fewest snaps - we'll still see queen and LBs on early downs but you bet we're going to play dime as much as possible with both elliott and chuck able to play all over the field and in the box

with jimmy smith too it creates some flexibility

but for any of this to work the big guys up front need to be more stout - calais made some big plays at the end but at times he and brandon williams were getting moved way too easily
Yeah that front was just getting casually removed from the line of scrimmage lol, it was ugly

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah don’t know exactly what we have in Bateman just yet but I’d feel confident that Duvernay and Proche could come up with 80% of the production at this point. Not a ton on the stat sheet tonight but they’ve really stepped up when given the opportunity.

duvernay was big early in this game running routes that we'd normally see watkins running so im not super worried

and im 100% confident in bateman - just not sure he'll have the game fitness or chemistry yet to not be somewhat limited to start with

but we also dont know that watkins is out yet - it's possible it was some sort of stinger