• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Home and Away Opponents Set for 2018 Season

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Schedule still scares me. Chargers always play us tough, Raiders will be back, even with Mahomes the cheifs during the regular season, Denver likely to get Cousins, Saints are an offensive powerhouse and now have a good defense, Falcons are still damn good, Carolina is going to be tough as well, Steelers still going to be good and I don't see us beating them, Bengals are only going to get better, Browns might actually get a good QB..

We could be looking at a top 5 pick if we don't make proper upgrades on the offensive side of the ball. And still be in terrible drafting position even if we do.

Don't like our chances at all. Sorry guys
I agree

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Teams change from year to year. No one knows who is going to be healthy and who is going to be much better from year to year and week to week. No need to fret over the schedule. No reason at all.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Teams change from year to year. No one knows who is going to be healthy and who is going to be much better from year to year and week to week. No need to fret over the schedule. No reason at all.

Eagles were 7-9 in 2016, on their way to a good season with Wentz in 2017. Then still managed a good season that turned into 13-3 and a Super Bowl. Jets were even competitive despite everyone saying they would be 0-16 and have the first overall pick.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I truly feel with how awful this schedule is the division win can be reached at 10/11wins. I also feel we have to get significantly better to have even 8 wins. If we played this schedule last year I think would have won 6.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I can easily see us only beAting be bucs in the south. We can’t go 3-3 in this division and expect to go anywhere. We should take care of Tennessee and buffalo but we thought the same about Tennessee this year. Broncos has potential to be blow out of the year (in their favor, esp if they get cousins) and who knows with that entire division. Without some player makers we don’t stand a damn chance. The south is the best passing division in the entire nfl and the West is the best passing division in the afc. We aren’t going to win unless if we can stay in shoot outs

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
And we are the medicore team year after year. That hasnt changed

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I can easily see us only beAting be bucs in the south. We can’t go 3-3 in this division and expect to go anywhere. We should take care of Tennessee and buffalo but we thought the same about Tennessee this year. Broncos has potential to be blow out of the year (in their favor, esp if they get cousins) and who knows with that entire division. Without some player makers we don’t stand a damn chance. The south is the best passing division in the entire nfl and the West is the best passing division in the afc. We aren’t going to win unless if we can stay in shoot outs
yes! We are in some trouble this upcoming season. Tbh even this past season, we were worse than what our record showed.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry Deebo but we really weren't.

Also depending on what Denver does the Ravens are favorites in all 8 home games but sadly probably only 3 road games though KC does not impress me.

There are teams on that schedule the Ravens are simply not beating (Carolina, Atlanta, LA) but it's not as bad as it looks.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry Deebo but we really weren't.

Also depending on what Denver does the Ravens are favorites in all 8 home games but sadly probably only 3 road games though KC does not impress me.

There are teams on that schedule the Ravens are simply not beating (Carolina, Atlanta, LA) but it's not as bad as it looks.

Eh, I would wait until the off-season plays out before making any statements like that. Also, Carolina and Atlanta are generally inconsistent so I think we would have a solid chance. LA will probably give us the most trouble unless we make major improvements in the draft and FA.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Eh, I would wait until the off-season plays out before making any statements like that. Also, Carolina and Atlanta are generally inconsistent so I think we would have a solid chance. LA will probably give us the most trouble unless we make major improvements in the draft and FA.
I also want to wait and see how good the Rams are opening up the season. They had an amazing season last year and they turned their team around a lot but it makes me wonder if it was a fluke or if it was real.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I also want to wait and see how good the Rams are opening up the season. They had an amazing season last year and they turned their team around a lot but it makes me wonder if it was a fluke or if it was real.

I think they're set up to be really good for a long time. Goff looks like the real deal, Gurley is one of the best backs in the league, and they have the reigning DPOY in Aaron Donald. They just need to add a few more defensive pieces and I think they could do some real damage in the playoffs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think they're set up to be really good for a long time. Goff looks like the real deal, Gurley is one of the best backs in the league, and they have the reigning DPOY in Aaron Donald. They just need to add a few more defensive pieces and I think they could do some real damage in the playoffs.

more important than any of that - Sean McVay looks like the real deal

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I've decided to go through and look at all of the team's situations. And looking at all of this. My concerns have kind of eased. I expect a few teams to take some declines going forward.

I think we can and should beat.

Denver(even if they get Cousins they'll have to sacrifice a few key pieces to get him),

Tampa Bay(lots of cap space sure but there's not a lot of depth on the team despite their being some nice pieces)

Cleveland(even if they're a QB away and have more cap room than everyone they're unlikely to be a juggernaut immediately. Even if they substantially improve this wouldn't be the first time we've seen them fuck up an offseason with a ton of cap room. I think they're still beatable especially with a rookie given all the questions they have on defense). I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them twice again.

Oakland is beatable. Even if Carr should return to form with the injury they have way too many holes on defense for them to be a threat. Sure, Mack is great, but he's one man. They don't have the resources to do an overhaul of their defense either.

Cincinatti is notoriously cheap and is unlikely to participate in FA despite them having some holes on the offensive line and on the defensive side of the ball, instead they'll probably try to build through the draft and resign their own guys. They're still a few steps away. We should be able to win at least one against them.

Buffalo is beatable given Shady's injury and the fact that the oline just took a massive hit. They have some cap room and two first round picks to play with, sure. But they're still a QB away form being a legit threat but they have a good amount of issues that I might expect a decline from them despite their fluke playoff appearance.

I could see a few teams decline too.

Carolina is an easy decline candidate. Their defense has a few nice pieces in the front 7 but the secondary is concerning and the oline is about to become a total joke when Norwell leaves. They have uncertainty on the offense as well and they don't have too much cap room. They lack a lot of depth as well. Plus, they're an inconsistent team usually so I could see us beating them.

The Steelers are a decline candidate. The dline is nice, and Watt is a solid prospect, but the LB corps is very lacking, the secondary is a joke, and even if they cut Mitchell and Haden to open up some room the FA market at CB and S is kind of bare and they're unlikely to get a quality option. The offense will be nice, but with the right moves we should be able to score on them. I could see them have a worse season next year easily. I could see us having a season where we take a game from them, possibly two if we can make the right moves.

Chiefs are decline candidates as well. They have some really nice pieces on the offensive side of the ball skills department wise, but lack of cap room + lack of quality offensive line could show some concern. Not to mention the defensive line is lacking. Houston is great but he's one man. Berry returning will be nice, but who else is around him? Mahomes will basically be a rookie and will still have to get used to seeing NFL defenses.

There are certainly games that do scare me. I don't see us beating New Orleans. Atlanta will be tough since we are going there, but Sark might hold them back again. San Diego might be my favorites for the SB depending on what they do in the offseason. Titans are a total wildcard.

I could easily see a season from us where we beat

TB
CLE(2)
DEN
CIN(1)
PIT(1)
OAK
BUF
KC
CAR

That's a 10 win season. In the AFC that's a wildcard spot with how pathetic it is.

We'd have to make the right moves.. But it's certainly doable.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
What would you guys say would be the most ideal schedule? Early BYE, Late BYE, MID season BYE, facing teams at a certain point in the season?