• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Have Fun With This One

Tru11

Practice Squad
Asks for facts, but won't read what i wrote. At least you know when you're in over your head.

a scenario is not a fact.

i stopped right there.

tnx for trying.

ill give you a like for the effort.

hope you happy now and can sleep better.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

i stopped right there.

tnx for trying.

So many ways to admit you were wrong, but at least you stopped while you were only a mile behind.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Alright, but really, I'm getting off topic right now, so unless someone replies with something useful and related to anything discussed in this thread, I'll stop replying to our board contrarian.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
if that makes you feel better sure
Fact of the matter remains I laid out an argument and you couldn't be bothered to read it (because too long make head hurt) and then just entirely gave up. You're a contrarian who regularly looks to disagree with people for the sake of disagreeing and now that you've met someone who won't buy into your BS and actually showed fallacies in your "logic," you crumble like a sand in water. But continue on.

Last time I'm replying unless you offer up something of actual substance.

Tru11

Practice Squad
Fact of the matter remains I laid out an argument and you couldn't be bothered to read it (because too long make head hurt) and then just entirely gave up. You're a contrarian who regularly looks to disagree with people for the sake of disagreeing and now that you've met someone who won't buy into your BS and actually showed fallacies in your "logic," you crumble like a sand in water. But continue on.

Last time I'm replying unless you offer up something of actual substance.

fact of the matter is we disagree.

its also a fact we lost to all the play off teams.
its also a fact we had more turnonvers then takeways against those teams.

you can call it BS but they still remain facts.
there is nothing to dispute them whatsoever.

the only dispute is how relevant this is in the play offs.

i find it relevant , you dont.

this is just opinions.

its your right to find my opinion BS.

i wont stoop to that level.

if you have facts ill consider contuniung this discussion.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

this is just opinions.

No what you are is selectively using facts you want and ignoring the ones you don't like or pretending they aren't facts because you have this childish notion that a debate must have a "winner".

You are firstly ignoring the provably factual statement that you are better off ending strong then ending weak. The 12-4 team that wins its last 8 fairs better in the playoffs then the 12-4 team that lost its last 4. Tgis is a factual statement that holds true in literally every sport and it's part of why resting starters has fallen out of style.

Knowing that and knowing that the last half of the season is therefore more important than the first when analysing a team for playoffs the final games are more important to focus on. Not as simple as 1+1=2 but just as factual.

Just look at everything that has changed since the w3 loss to Jax and you get why it's pointless to look at those early games as evidence for what will happen late in the year

Though if it matters find me a persin who says KC can beat NE @ home in playoffs because they did it in September.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
No what you are is selectively using facts you want and ignoring the ones you don't like or pretending they aren't facts because you have this childish notion that a debate must have a "winner".

You are firstly ignoring the provably factual statement that you are better off ending strong then ending weak. The 12-4 team that wins its last 8 fairs better in the playoffs then the 12-4 team that lost its last 4. Tgis is a factual statement that holds true in literally every sport and it's part of why resting starters has fallen out of style.

Knowing that and knowing that the last half of the season is therefore more important than the first when analysing a team for playoffs the final games are more important to focus on. Not as simple as 1+1=2 but just as factual.

Just look at everything that has changed since the w3 loss to Jax and you get why it's pointless to look at those early games as evidence for what will happen late in the year

Though if it matters find me a persin who says KC can beat NE @ home in playoffs because they did it in September.
I remember last time kc beat ne in reg season... things were totally different in playoffs.. as Raven fans we know all to well that reg season games are far different than playoff games!

Tru11

Practice Squad

2012 ravens where 1-4 going into the play offs.

denver where on an 11 game winning streak and lost.
pats where 9-1 since there bye and lost.

who won the SB that year?

Also im not ignoring the human element at all.
Momentum and confidence are alright and all but they are not only limited to just the ravens.
Any team can get that from anywhere.

the 2012 ravens are the perfect example that you dont need a winning streak to get momentum and confidence to go on and win the SB.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

this is just opinions.

Its gonna take for us to lose before people can see the truth. I guess we are hoping on hot streaks to get us pass good teams( which we are yet to beat). gonna be so much blame thrown around on marty and pees when we simply just dont have the right personnel right now and what we do have is very inconsistent, but i guess we are hoping that they heat up come playoffs and every other team get cold.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i stand by what i said .

novels based on your assumptions wont change it.

facts i might though.

Nope - there are facts and stats and analytics to back up his points - your laziness doesn’t mean he’s lazy too

And furthermore football outsiders going into the colts game had the ravens as the best team in the afc in weighted DVOA and 3rd in the nfl as a whole

The ravens have scored something like the 3rd most points per week as an average since the bye week too

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i stopped right there.

tnx for trying.

He mentioned a scenario but then added facts - you can’t criticise or debate his points if you don’t read what he wrote

this is just opinions.

And in terms of losses to playoff teams I can only think of 3 playoff teams:

1 is the steelers, the other was jax in London and the other was the Vikings... I wouldn’t say that’s indicative of much at all tbh

Tru11

Practice Squad
He mentioned a scenario but then added facts - you can’t criticise or debate his points if you don’t read what he wrote

And in terms of losses to playoff teams I can only think of 3 playoff teams:

1 is the steelers, the other was jax in London and the other was the Vikings... I wouldn’t say that’s indicative of much at all tbh

2 times to the steelers , 1 times jags , 1 time vikes and he counted the titans as a play off team so that makes it 5.....

also this debate did not start with the post you are referring to.
his debate is all about the human element and momentum and confidence but to me its not that relevant because its not exclusive to the ravens alone.

again the 2012 ravens are the perfect example that a winning streak going into the season does not mean much as we had a losing streak and then went on and beat teams with a winning streak.

on top of this is that people outside of the ravens simply wont respect us since we have not beaten a play off caliber team this season which is pretty much the basis of the article that started this thread.

this also is not something exclusive to the ravens as every season their are 1 or 2 teams that people are not sold on because of just that.

there is also a point to that as i cant think of 1 team that had not defeated a a play off team in the regular and yet still went on and won the SB.

if anyone can find out if this is not true and there are plenty of examples of teams who did just that then go ahead.

Edit : Ill happily admit im wrong if their are alot of teams.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
2012 ravens where 1-4 going into the play offs.

denver where on an 11 game winning streak and lost.
pats where 9-1 since there bye and lost.

who won the SB that year?

Also im not ignoring the human element at all.
Momentum and confidence are alright and all but they are not only limited to just the ravens.
Any team can get that from anywhere.

the 2012 ravens are the perfect example that you dont need a winning streak to get momentum and confidence to go on and win the SB.

The 2012 Ravens actually proves my point and ruins yours.

That team ADDED Ray Lewis for playoffs after not having him down the stretch meaning that an early game where they got CRUSHED by Denver was meaningless and showed nothing because the teams were different.

Now to talk about examples. The thing about data is that there are always outliars thats why you look at a large sample size. It can snow in early May (and has) that doesn't make it wrong to put away winter clothes in mid April.

The Pats were also a funny team to cite. Every year in September the Pats lose a couple and people predict the demise and then they roll off 10 in a row and everyone gets quiet.

Tru11

Practice Squad
The 2012 Ravens actually proves my point and ruins yours.

That team ADDED Ray Lewis for playoffs after not having him down the stretch meaning that an early game where they got CRUSHED by Denver was meaningless and showed nothing because the teams were different.

Now to talk about examples. The thing about data is that there are always outliars thats why you look at a large sample size. It can snow in early May (and has) that doesn't make it wrong to put away winter clothes in mid April.

The Pats were also a funny team to cite. Every year in September the Pats lose a couple and people predict the demise and then they roll off 10 in a row and everyone gets quiet.

i think you read it wrong.

Bmore is the one arguing about how the ravens have momentum and confidence.

the 2012 ravens proof my point as they had 0 of that down the stretch but gained it after ray announced his retirement after the season.

it actually proves you dont have to win down the stretch to gain that.

so what is stopping others teams from gaining that?

also how do ravens still have an advantage when the other also gains momentum and confidence in another way.

teams like the jags and the chiefs who are hitting a few bumps down the stretch can do just that.

heck even the pats and steelers can gain even more momentum if all of sudden edelman and brown are healthy enough to play.

this whole momentum confidence human element talk is not a ravens exclusive thing.

true the pats are a team who do just that until they meet us in the play offs ;)

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Just so we're clear, the Ravens are a bit of an odd case and not one that I would use. It wasn't Ray Lewis that inspired the team. The Ravens really picked up their play thanks to Jim Caldwell taking the reigns, not because Ray Lewis coming back.

If you watched the Giants game in 2012 and any of the playoffs, you would know damn well that run had nothing to do with Lewis.