• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Bye Marty, Pees and Harbaugh?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
What a time to lose a DC. We're like hookers at a senators ball. Will attract a lot of candidates.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Harbaugh can eat a Santa sack of dicks if he goes that route. I'm honestly not bothered by missing playoffs, but if it's more of the same... FUCK HIM.
Dude... We are retaining him when other teams are inquiring for interviews with him and we almost NEVER do outside hires with DCs... It's inevitable.

Which I wouldn't hate immediately. Pete Carroll was failed his first time as a HC as well... But it's not my preferred choice. Not giving him a chance would be utterly foolish.

That said, Harbaugh is most certainly keeping Marty.

our pro bowl safety was jogging to get deep.
he was pretty much in no mans land covering no one.

welp this is what you get when you have 2 slow safeties who dont have the range to cover any ground and are pretty suspect in coverage at that.

jefferson was over the top on Green helping humprey.

Clark and mosley where the guys giving underneath help as they both where dropping to the sticks from the LOS.

Clark actually had the TE and RB in his area.

The screw ups on this play where canady and weddle.
1 was paying to much attention to the outside making it harder to react in time to the seem.
the other was in no man lands covering nobody doing god knows what.....
I see, I wish I had a look at it from the sky cam but I didn't see Weddle covering anyone either. I would have to imagine double coverage on Green as well but I just really question what they were doing on that play in regards to the safety coverage. I don't think the cover 2 call was a bad one just terribly botched. I think Weddle is great at coverage personally but he really must have blown that one because that was a horribly executed play all around.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Harbs isn’t going anywhere maybe next season if it ends the same but not this season Suggs basically attributed the season turning around to him and not letting them get the fuck it’s that’s all you can ask from a head coach it’s super simple we need playmakers on offense and that’s it this D healthy is more than good enough we just need playmakers on Offense so the D isn’t on the field so much period

Like I said, that look confused me a little bit because they showed Weddle on the blitz, but Canady took the correct drop; he just dropped too deep and should have come up on Boyd as Boyd was the seam threat. Weddle shouldn't even be in the picture. Bigger issue to me looks like Mosley was too shallow.
See that's what makes me awfully confused as well. If you're doing a cover 2 with two safeties deep, then why show blitz? I don't think Weddle had time to even cover ground and clearly he wasn't in the play.

Honestly I don't think Mosley isn't responsible here. With the cover 2 look he's supposed to make a play on the ball if he can, but his responsibility is also underneath. They played to win the game not to allow the FG. They wanted to take away the underneath so they wouldn't have an opportunity at the FG. I honestly do not see why Weddle was showing blitz in that situation, you're not fooling anyone with a safety blitz regardless. Zone deep and zone underneath, and with the seam route I would expect a safety to make a play there.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
It makes no sense to keep Harbaugh on a short leash and say if he fails again he has to go. No relationship can work without 100% trust.
The same mistakes over and over again. And the end of the 2015 season he said we need to get back to play winning football. and he failed 2 times in a row.
Imo the DB coaches, Roman, D'Alessandris and Rosburg have done a great job.
We all can say blame the players for x and y.... but in the end the coaches and the FO are responsible to teach, train and put them in a position to win the game. On the last drive there seemed to be communication issues, they weren't set for 1-2 plays. Why don't you call a timeout with the season and the playoffs on the line?

On the subject of Newsome; It may be time for him to move as well.
The drafting of Corrrea over Myles Jack, clearly a top five talent to my layman's eye, is inexplicable and calls the entire process into question. I see that selection as inexcusable and a clear error. There are a host of other examples one might offer as examples of questionable selection.

Player development and utilization is most probably a problem and if so, this has a lot to do with Harbaugh. It is his apparent philosophy that a player must play teams to dress. I'm certain he isn't alone in this, league-wide but Perhaps a different philosophy might yield better results.

Harbaugh's cliche's have grown stale and it's possible we need regime change for that reason alone. He hasn't exactly been a smash post Lewis/Reed and having those two hall of fame players and consummate leaders did him great favor.

This is something on which I'm sure we disagree but I would make a move on a quarterback in the first round as well.
The Ravens had had such bad luck with injuries that taking Jack just didn't seem feasible to me at least. Perriman was drafted the year prior and at that point people didn't know if Pitta would ever play again.

Marvin Lewis, Rex, Pagano in my opinion should be called this offseason
Not Lewis. Even his most talented teams couldn't eek out a single playoff win. I'd love Pagano as a DC again though.

I’m still waiting patiently for the news of Marty being fired.
I am too but I'm scared we might be waiting until next season when they fire him after an embarrassing game maybe against a divisional opponent...

Last edited:

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
According to Jamison Hensley: Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said he expects Marty Mornhinweg to remain offensive coordinator. "Our relationship continues to grow," Flacco said.