• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Steelers

JAAM

Hall of Famer

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
This game scares me. I know the Steelers are bad but they have pride and they were just humiliated.

Meanwhile Lamar just played his worst game as a pro and he knows next week is his shot at redemption. It is so easy to look past the Steelers for all those reasons that this game screams trap game even more than the Dolphins or Lions games did.
I would hope not, it’s still the Steelers

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
This recap of the last decade has been great, dare I say it may have started with my flacco comment.

I regret saying that RSR and Reddit was better than this place, it’s not, please forgive me for my hateful, foolish words.

I’ll never forget the Aaron Mellette hype lol

I was so bullish on Tim White. Those were the days lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was so bullish on Tim White. Those were the days lol
was that 2018 or 2017.

The 2017 we ended up getting 3 starters from but it took awhile for this draft to look successful.

Marlon Humphrey was obvious, but Bowser took a while and then Chuck Clark in the 6th round. 3 starters is considered an above average draft. I guess we were able to trade Eluemenor for a 4th and Chris Wormley was depth that we later were able to trade and move up in the draft, so they weren't complete losses.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
was that 2018 or 2017.

The 2017 we ended up getting 3 starters from but it took awhile for this draft to look successful.

Marlon Humphrey was obvious, but Bowser took a while and then Chuck Clark in the 6th round. 3 starters is considered an above average draft. I guess we were able to trade Eluemenor for a 4th and Chris Wormley was depth that we later were able to trade and move up in the draft, so they weren't complete losses.

tim white was also the year that we had tim patrick lol...

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
tim white y tim patrick habían hecho una buena pretemporada, enviamos a white a IR. dedo roto y sorprendentemente cortamos a patrick.
campanaro no podía mantenerse sano.
nos quedamos con maclin adeboyejo perriman, wallace y cris moore y la línea ofensiva era stanley lewis jensen yanda y howard
Taliaferro, Dixon Woodhead y Allen

tim white and tim patrick had done a good preseason, we sent white to go ir for a broken finger and surprisingly we cut off patrick.
campanaro could not stay healthy.
we stayed with maclin adeboyejo perriman, wallace and cris moore and the offensive line was stanley lewis jensen yanda and howard
Taliaferro, Dixon Woodhead and Allen Rb

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
oh man i truly thought michael campanaro was the answer in that 2014 draft lol
I don’t think anyone disliked campanaro, and I think his issues were 99% injury related

even healthy he would’ve never been a star but he had a floor of a productive chain mover if he was healthy

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, about Ronnie Stanley…
Yeah not apples to apples though. You have a contractual obligation to pay Ronnie because he's injured. And he got injured after we extended him, and there was no reason to think he'd suffer a major injury that would cost him multiple years.

I'll never blame GM's for handing out large contracts to great players, who are still in their prime, who then get injured and ruin the contract. There's not a GM or fan on this planet who has the foresight to see those things coming.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This recap of the last decade has been great, dare I say it may have started with my flacco comment.

I regret saying that RSR and Reddit was better than this place, it’s not, please forgive me for my hateful, foolish words.

I’ll never forget the Aaron Mellette hype lol
Nothing will out-do the Marlon Brown hype I saw on the BR.com boards. It was laughable. In 2013, he had 7 TD catches on 49 receptions. That's a completely unsustainable trajectory. I literally watched dozens of fans telling me that him scoring 15-20 TDs the following season was a foregone conclusion.

He never scored another TD again, and he was out of the league entirely two years later. It is the classic example of why you don't look at a individual stat line for a guy and project his whole career based on it. Especially when it comes to TDs. Even showed them the fact that Calvin Johnson's (arguably) best season, 2012, when he went 122/1,964... he caught only 5 TDs. He had caught 28 the prior two years combined.