• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

End of Season Mock

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Not sure if this has been talked about but I was looking at a CBS mock which had us getting Minkah Fitzpatrick and I told him I was happy with that pick with Weddle aging as well as Jimmy Smith being an injury waiting to happen. He bashed me for the team not using their first pick on offense. But would you all agree or disagree Fitzpatrick would be worth going defense again?
He is the best player in 2018 draft, including all the QBs and Saquon Barkley.
Even less chance taking Fitzpatrick than we'd have taking Smith.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not sure if this has been talked about but I was looking at a CBS mock which had us getting Minkah Fitzpatrick and I told him I was happy with that pick with Weddle aging as well as Jimmy Smith being an injury waiting to happen. He bashed me for the team not using their first pick on offense. But would you all agree or disagree Fitzpatrick would be worth going defense again?

I foresee minkah fitzpatrick being no lower than 5th on my big board - purely in that sense he’s 100% worth taking at 16 - you can emphasise offence over bpa in day 2 and 3 if you get minkah because he’s that good

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
He is the best player in 2018 draft, including all the QBs and Saquon Barkley.
Even less chance taking Fitzpatrick than we'd have taking Smith.

Hey strange things happened before. Look at Marshon Lattimore falling to the teens last year.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Great mock! At first I was concerned about Millers age. But I realized it isn't that important. unlike Kevin white he doesn't win his match-ups because he's more physical and stronger. You will not beat NFL cbs like freshmen cbs. What do you guys think of Miller's and/or Ridley's age?
Carter and T.Williams can grow into that Upshaw/Dumervile tandem. I like this pick a lot.
Ian Thomas is that athletic slot TE and we finally get something out of those numerous TE screens.
i like ridley more. Great route runner, great hands and fast. I didnt know he only weighed 190 though

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
if we draft minkah and play him at CB... i may switch teams lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
lol if fitzpatrick is inexplicably available at sixteen and we dont take him then its time for oz to retire, and quite possibly go directly to the hospital.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol if fitzpatrick is inexplicably available at sixteen and we dont take him then its time for oz to retire, and quite possibly go directly to the hospital.
Ozzie would sprint to the podium himself if Minkah Fitzpatrick is there. He loves good value defensive players in the draft. And taking a top 5 talent at 16 is pretty damn good value.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hi all,

Long time Raven fan from England and after reading these forums for a long time (including the old one before it closed) decided today to sign up. With the college football being limited over here I love these discussions as I start watching tape on a lot of players (mid and late rounds especially) that I wouldn't have.

Anyway, with my first post joining this chat I have to say after JoeyFlex5 was really loving the guy I watched Anthony Miller and sign me up! This kid is exactly the type of WR we need, amazed he hasn't got the hype some of the others have got and would love to see him as a Raven
We are glad you decided to sign up! Its always nice to get additional members to chat with.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Went #4 to me in our forum mock.
and clearly thats a good pick. matter of fact, looking at the players that went, even without hindsight, if im going based on pure talent, im taking him 4, after garrett, corey davis, and jamal adams. but hindsight 20/20 even that would be low.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ozzie would sprint to the podium himself if Minkah Fitzpatrick is there. He loves good value defensive players in the draft. And taking a top 5 talent at 16 is pretty damn good value.
another bust pick from Alabama, run to the fences.

Yes, you’d absolutely have to take him if he was there.