• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

End of Season Mock

i

you think rosen will go 1st to clev?
Probably will but he’s flawed. His playing style is like Carson Palmer. Very accurate in the intermediate range, but lacks pocket presence and makes some bad decisions with the ball. Remember that Hue had the raiders give up a first round pick for Palmer.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i like smith, barkley and baker. Havent watched much of rosen since last college season
Rosen has some really nice arm talent. Barkley is a film rat. Always trying to get better. I like both of these guys. Not a fan of Darnold.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Probably will but he’s flawed. His playing style is like Carson Palmer. Very accurate in the intermediate range, but lacks pocket presence and makes some bad decisions with the ball. Remember that Hue had the raiders give up a first round pick for Palmer.
the fact that they couldve had jimmy G. theyre just a bad franchise

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Rosen can throw a deep ball on a line. Most accurate QB to come out in years and likely the best pure arm talent to have come out in a LONG time. I.e. Arm strength is well above average(he doesn't have a cannon like Flacco or Cutler or Wentz) and can make ALL the throws, but it's his combination of insane accuracy + well above average arm strength. His arm isn't the STRONGEST in the draft, but it's probably the best. Not as good of a prospect as Luck as Rosen isn't as good of a decision maker as Luck and isn't as athletic as Luck.. Though he doesn't lack in those departments either. Luck will guarenteed be the best QB prospect of this generation. He'd be considered a top 5 QB in the NFL if he.. Idk.. Had a team around him.

If Cleveland does take Rosen.. They're no longer a free win. In fact, they're likely a loss. That oline will likely get it's shit together and the supporting cast otherwise on the offense isn't as terrible as some people think..

But they're Cleveland. Enjoy them taking Darnold.

I am not as big of a Fitzpatrick fan as others are as I don't see corner as a FIRST ROUND need... But if he falls to us and he don't take him Ozzie needs to retire lol. He's damn talented. I'll be slightly disappointed that we are ignoring offense for the second consecutive offseason, but at the same time he could become an elite DB.

I'd have my big board as.

1. Barkley- best player in the draft. If the Browns are smart.. TBH they draft him and then trade with the Giants with their large amount of draft picks to #2 and select Rosen.
2. Fitzpatrick- best defensive player in the draft.
3. Josh Rosen- Best QB in the draft.
4. Sam Darnold- I like him more than most but he's FAR more of a project than ESPN and other media outlets indicate. If he lands in a good situation he'll be fine.. But there are significant doubts.
5. Roquan Smith- He's not the future superstud some indicate.. But I expect him to have a career very similar to Daryl Smith. Damn good future, but might go a tad under appreciated.
6. Quenton Nelson- Hard to find perfect prospects.. He's one of them.
7. Mike McGichley- If he falls to us we should rush to the podium to take him. Flacco's ass would be protected at all times basically.
8. Bradley Chubb- Natural 5T.. Just all around good.
9. Calvin Ridley- Ridley is the worst Alabama top WR prospect thus far, but that by no means that he's bad. He's good.. Not damn good. But I don't see him becoming an elite superstud. He's a bonafide future #1 option imo... But he'll never be Julio Jones. Nonetheless. Good playmaker.
10. Joshua Jackson- See my comments of Fitzpatrick earlier. I think he's really good and we'd be blessed to take someone like that.
11.Josh Allen- Physically the most talented QB to come out this year.. Also the biggest project. Strongest arm, but has moments of utter shit. Needs a year or two under a veteran to learn the ropes. Good prospect overall though.
12.Guice- Does a lot of things really well. High level RB prospect whom I wouldn't object to in all honesty.

I'll add more later. Am exhausted.

Rosen can throw a deep ball on a line. Most accurate QB to come out in years and likely the best pure arm talent to have come out in a LONG time. I.e. Arm strength is well above average(he doesn't have a cannon like Flacco or Cutler or Wentz) and can make ALL the throws, but it's his combination of insane accuracy + well above average arm strength. His arm isn't the STRONGEST in the draft, but it's probably the best. Not as good of a prospect as Luck as Rosen isn't as good of a decision maker as Luck and isn't as athletic as Luck.. Though he doesn't lack in those departments either. Luck will guarenteed be the best QB prospect of this generation. He'd be considered a top 5 QB in the NFL if he.. Idk.. Had a team around him.

If Cleveland does take Rosen.. They're no longer a free win. In fact, they're likely a loss. That oline will likely get it's shit together and the supporting cast otherwise on the offense isn't as terrible as some people think..

But they're Cleveland. Enjoy them taking Darnold.

I am not as big of a Fitzpatrick fan as others are as I don't see corner as a FIRST ROUND need... But if he falls to us and he don't take him Ozzie needs to retire lol. He's damn talented. I'll be slightly disappointed that we are ignoring offense for the second consecutive offseason, but at the same time he could become an elite DB.

I'd have my big board as.

1. Barkley- best player in the draft. If the Browns are smart.. TBH they draft him and then trade with the Giants with their large amount of draft picks to #2 and select Rosen.
2. Fitzpatrick- best defensive player in the draft.
3. Josh Rosen- Best QB in the draft.
4. Sam Darnold- I like him more than most but he's FAR more of a project than ESPN and other media outlets indicate. If he lands in a good situation he'll be fine.. But there are significant doubts.
5. Roquan Smith- He's not the future superstud some indicate.. But I expect him to have a career very similar to Daryl Smith. Damn good future, but might go a tad under appreciated.
6. Quenton Nelson- Hard to find perfect prospects.. He's one of them.
7. Mike McGichley- If he falls to us we should rush to the podium to take him. Flacco's ass would be protected at all times basically.
8. Bradley Chubb- Natural 5T.. Just all around good.
9. Calvin Ridley- Ridley is the worst Alabama top WR prospect thus far, but that by no means that he's bad. He's good.. Not damn good. But I don't see him becoming an elite superstud. He's a bonafide future #1 option imo... But he'll never be Julio Jones. Nonetheless. Good playmaker.
10. Joshua Jackson- See my comments of Fitzpatrick earlier. I think he's really good and we'd be blessed to take someone like that.
11.Josh Allen- Physically the most talented QB to come out this year.. Also the biggest project. Strongest arm, but has moments of utter shit. Needs a year or two under a veteran to learn the ropes. Good prospect overall though.
12.Guice- Does a lot of things really well. High level RB prospect whom I wouldn't object to in all honesty.

I'll add more later. Am exhausted.
If we somehow landed Fitzpatrick, you would put him at corner over safety?

Is anyone else scared of Barkley and the fact that he always try’s to bounce his runs to the outside? The hash marks in the NFL are a lot shorter and the defenders are a lot faster, I don’t think that skill set is going to translate in the NFL.
Funny, we pass on guys with injury issues to daft guys who can’t start / contribute. KC over Myles jack comes to mind.
There were reports that Ravens were trying to trade up for Lattimore, but I was surprised that the Ravens didn’t draft Jack. I get the feeling the Ravens scouting department is behind their times. Most teams have adapted analytics to confirm what they see on film. Seems like the Ravens draft players with obvious flaws in hopes that the coaching staff can fix them.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we somehow landed Fitzpatrick, you would put him at corner over safety?
id put him at safety, i think putting him at cb is a waste of his talent, i think he can impact the game 100x more at safety, and i think safety is a bigger need.

jalen ramsey turned out to be an elite corner(something i wasnt sure of, ill admit) but i still think he could have more impact as a SS. if jacksonville lands another top tier corner and moves ramsey to SS look the fuck out, teams have no film on him there and he would take the league by storm because he would be an elite SS

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
id put him at safety, i think putting him at cb is a waste of his talent, i think he can impact the game 100x more at safety, and i think safety is a bigger need.

jalen ramsey turned out to be an elite corner(something i wasnt sure of, ill admit) but i still think he could have more impact as a SS. if jacksonville lands another top tier corner and moves ramsey to SS look the fuck out, teams have no film on him there and he would take the league by storm because he would be an elite SS
Jalen Ramsey didn’t have a very good backpedal in college and I knew he’d be atleast an elite safety with a very good chance of being a very good to elite corner also, if he could get his backpedal down. It took him about half a season maybe 3/4 of a season to adjust and then he finishes strong in 2016. He’s been dominant this season.

Minkah could be used all over the field and is a weapon that way. If he was available at 16 I wouldn’t hesitate to take him and figure out where you were going to play him later. Agree, Safety is the bigger need.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jalen Ramsey didn’t have a very good backpedal in college and I knew he’d be atleast an elite safety with a very good chance of being a very good to elite corner also, if he could get his backpedal down. It took him about half a season maybe 3/4 of a season to adjust and then he finishes strong in 2016. He’s been dominant this season.

Minkah could be used all over the field and is a weapon that way. If he was available at 16 I wouldn’t hesitate to take him and figure out where you were going to play him later. Agree, Safety is the bigger need.
That's exactly how I saw it. I didn't like his footwork at all, really sloppy and undisciplined like he thought he could coast on athleticism. He turned out to be a hard worker and smart enough to improve in his weak areas. He always had the press and the ability to break up passes, it was just what he did when it came time to flip the hips or adjust to the receiver getting off the line.