• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Packers

PackerNation

Practice Squad
Banned
It’s not a defeatist attitude and there’s no agenda lol, all teams are banged up but the ravens are third in the league in cap% on IR with 24.38% while the packers sit at 15.5%, and the ravens OL is one of the worst in the league and we have a mobile qb with an ankle sprain, pretty hard to have any optimism, we’ve been waiting for the other shoe to drop all year with the injuries and it’s finally happening, unless the pair of OTs step up significantly and Lamar gets back to top form while injured then the 2021 ravens are circling the drain
And you also know that no team in the AFC is dominant this season. Are you trying to tell me that the Pats, Chiefs, and Bills are world beaters that you fear?

Get in the playoffs and you guys have as good a chance as anyone in the AFC to still be standing in Feb.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and focus on only what you can control. Believe!
200w.gif

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
And you also know that no team in the AFC is dominant this season. Are you trying to tell me that the Pats, Chiefs, and Bills are world beaters that you fear?

Get in the playoffs and you guys have as good a chance as anyone in the AFC to still be standing in Feb.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and focus on only what you can control. Believe!
View attachment 2991
I don't fear any team and that includes the Packers. I do believe we will lose the game and had it down as a loss before all our injuries started happening in pre season. What I do fear risk is the risk of exacerbating the injury. That's the worse thing we could possibly do with Lamar. A lateral sprain can get worse and that is what Lamar has. I don't think he plays at all, nor should he. We will play Huntley and do our best with him as the starter.

We are't feeling sorry for ourselves. It is what is is as you say and most teams in the league wouldn't have 8 wins with the amount of injuries we have had ALL season. I'm very proud of my team for having absolutely no quit.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
It's a low ankle sprain, if it's a mild sprain then it's entirely possible that Lamar plays. No one knows the severity of the injury atm outside of a few sources. Ramping up activity and trying to do your usual movements are all a part of the rehab process, if he shows no restraints then he will play.

Honestly, this game is a must-win. I know the division is more likely to come down to Pitt or Cincy games but we've completely blown off most of our tiebreakers. All 5 losses are to AFC teams and I think we're 1-3 in the division which is even worse. I think the team should try its very best to stay 1 game ahead of Cincinnati because I don't think they can afford to split with the Bengals. I got my eye on that Bengals-Broncos game, if Denver wins then this game would be huge for us. Also, the Browns are in trouble with a COVID outbreak, if they lose against the Raiders which is very possible then this game just becomes that much bigger.

A win this Sunday would create much-needed separation from the rest of the division and even if it's not an AFC opponent you need these common games to separate yourself. If Lamar is good to go I wouldn't bother trying to save him for next week.

Obviously the game next week will be the biggest game of the season considering it's implications over two tie-breakers, but I would not hold anyone back if I'm Harbaugh this week.

It depends on what your target is this season. I want at least one, ideally two more wins, every thing else is just gravy. From my point of view I'd like them to win, but it isn't a must win, let's send out Huntley and rest Lamar

PackerNation

Practice Squad
Banned
I am glad that some of you are so confident that the Packers will beat the Ravens. Going on the road always has it's challenges. I feel it will be a good game. Hopefully it doesn't come down to special teams because the Packers have not been stellar on special teams this season. Need to get that fixed starting this week.

Overcoming injuries shows depth. The fact the Packers are 10-3 without their two best defensive players, and with 2nd and 3rd stringers all all along the OL, shows the overall strength of the roster. The Ravens are showing the same.

Looking for a good game with both teams coming out of it with no further injuries. Let's meet again in Cali in Feb.
200w (1).gif

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

View attachment 2991
Lol not feeling sorry, accepting the inevitable, this team doesn’t have the horses this season, the OL, rb corps, and secondary completely fell apart with injury, this team is built on the run game and the secondary, and the only thing we now have to offer is Lamar being Superman and carrying us, and he’s now shellshocked from the poor OL play and playing like asshole.

just calling it like it is. This team can’t compete with the bills, patriots, or chiefs as it stands right now, probably not the titans or bengals either. We fought and hung on for a while on Lamar’s back, but we’ve bottomed out now. It happens.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Should be able to beat this team by at least 10 points even if Lamar doesn't play

rossihunter2

Staff Member

View attachment 2991

we're just protecting ourselves - this season has been, despite the 8 wins, rough to watch as a fan - every week seemingly settled by 1 score, every victory tainted by some major injury loss

and it's hard to get excited about the prospects of this team with all the missing pieces that won't be coming back - even if we do back into the playoffs, it's unlikely that this team has the ability to actually get to a superbowl - not 1 position group on the ravens right now is unaffected by injury and only....

for some extra context in terms of the calibre of players missing - we only have 5 players left not on i/r with cap hits in 2021 over 5m - 3 of them are injured right now and doubts to play this week, 1 of them only just came back from injury a couple of weeks ago and the other is tavon young who's ironically the healthiest despite missing 3 of his first 6 seasons in the NFL due to injury

obviously cap's not everything and the packers have been unlucky with losing some young impact players too especially at OL and jaire alexander (albeit he's not done for the year) - but in terms of cap lost to i/r your only big loss is ZDS

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Should be able to beat this team by at least 10 points even if Lamar doesn't play

I don't know why but I keep having this feeling we are going to win yet somehow we lost to Pittsburgh & Cleveland lol. I'd much rather rest Lamar and ensure he is ready for the Bengals, Rams and Steelers. That's how our season has been, we lost to the Raiders then beat the Chiefs lol.

PackerNation

Practice Squad
Banned
Good to see David Bakhtiari and Jaire Alexander practicing today. Neither may play Sunday, but good to have them back practicing and getting back in the flow for the stretch run. Will need them for the actual games that matter. This week matters for securing the #1 seed, but we aren't going to rush guys back for a game against the Ravens.

To the little guy that thinks the Ravens win this game by 10. Thanks for the laughs
raw (1).gif

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good to see David Bakhtiari and Jaire Alexander practicing today. Neither may play Sunday, but good to have them back practicing and getting back in the flow for the stretch run. Will need them for the actual games that matter. This week matters for securing the #1 seed, but we aren't going to rush guys back for a game against the Ravens.

To the little guy that thinks the Ravens win this game by 10. Thanks for the laughs
View attachment 2993
OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

“Little guy”…… Jesus man let’s go beat your team’s ass this weekend by 30. Who’s with me!?

JO_75

Hall of Famer

View attachment 2993
OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

Choose your fate wisely...... and would be a shame if someone stepped on Aaron's toe.;)

1) Die at the Leg of Justin Tucker
2) Healthy Tyler Huntley beats you
3) Hobbled Lamar beats you one one leg
4) A combination of options 1 & 2
5) A Combination of 1 & 3

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

View attachment 2993
OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!
"Little Guy". You know we are just ribbing you and tbh, this is the Purple Flock, not the GBs home sight. If you can't take it, than don't dish it out.

That being said, @Sizzle is just having a little fun with you and this site is very respectful to the Packers.......every week because of an active member on the site that is here every week. @Ice Bowl

Good Luck this week and most importantly, may the game be healthy for both sides.

Now, lets hope you come back to this site on Sunday Night once you lose with your tail between your legs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Choose your fate wisely...... and would be a shame if someone stepped on Aaron's toe.;)

1) Die at the Leg of Justin Tucker
2) Healthy Tyler Huntley beats you
3) Hobbled Lamar beats you one one leg
4) A combination of options 1 & 2
5) A Combination of 1 & 3
You think Tucker can kick 14 FG's this week. We may need it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
To the little guy who created a profile on an opposing teams website just to troll (and do it poorly mind you)... may the Covid be strong in you, and I hope unemployment continues to treat you well.
I know you don't mean it, but that's a bit strong. The first part is absolutely correct though.

I very rarely dislike a post, but this called for it, imo.